Who is the G.O.A.T? It's pretty simple to figure out.

Mount Rushmore is easier to discuss:

GSP-Anderson-PED Jones-Fedor

Step forward if you...

Never failed a drug test...

Were a two division champ...

Have racked up 5 or more title defences...

Brutally avenged all your losses...

Well what do we see? GSP stands alone.

If GSP hadn't come back for the Bisping fight, who would you consider to be the GOAT?

Step forward if you...

Finishing fights is more important to me. Fighting anyone no matter the size and fighting to take their head off

<DCWhoa><DCWhoa><DCWhoa><DCWhoa><DCWhoa><DCWhoa>

They are all on roids. Irrelevant.

No, if they were all on steroids it would mean nobody is the GOAT because nobody followed the rules. MMA is a game, and you can't do certain things like poking the opponent's eyes or taking steroids.

Step forward if you...

I'll tell you when the sports old enough... 20 years for a sport is nothing. ..

The criteria for what constitutes "GOATness" is not objective.

If you value different things, you end up with slightly different answers.

Most people know by now the cluster of fighters who are reasonable choices under reasonable criteria for GOAThood :)

Pro MMA fighters confirmed that

Anderson, Fedor, Jones > GSP
I like Anderson and he's a great fighter but picking Anderson over GSP (who's the closest thing to a perfect fighter along with Jones) is mainly based on aesthetics and as we all (should) know, "Aesthetics are not real fighting."

Silva all day baby. Just because you talk of steroids, doesn't mean I have to care.

I like Anderson and he's a great fighter but picking Anderson over GSP is mainly based on aesthetics and as we all (should) know, "Aesthetics are not real fighting."

Silva had a better championship run.

Based off of competition wins and performance, Jones all day

Hes the only goat that no man has legit beat

And it's quite simple. Jones can beat Silva, Fedor and GSP

There's no logic saying that Silva, GSP or any version of Fedor can stylistically beat Jones

Silva had a better championship run.
It's very arguable, GSP faced fewer mid level opponents (only Hardy vs Cote, Leites and some of the LHWs Andy fought) during his streak. GSP also has fewer losses, "no unavenged losses" and "title in a higher division" going for him plus he has no notable weaknesses, he's almost a perfect loli.

Step forward if you...

Yeah....I see what you're doing here.

Fun fact, Demetrious Johnson has more title defenses in fewer days than GSP.

And more finishes.

And more wins above his natural weight class.

And he never was called for greasing against a smaller opponent.

And his last title defense wasn't a controversial split decision that he retired immediately afterward.

But I guess because he lost to a prime Cruz by decision that makes GSP better?

2-division champion is laughable because it completely ignores the circumstances. If Faber had caught Cruz with that uppercut, DJ would have had a much better chance of being a 2-division champion, but that's fantasy at that point.

GSP used his reputation to cherry pick a title match and then ran off into the night with a belt he didn't have to earn.

But I guess that makes him better.

It's very arguable, GSP faced fewer mid level opponents (only Hardy vs Cote, Leites and some of the LHWs Andy fought) during his streak. GSP also has fewer losses, "no unavenged losses" and "title in a higher division" going for him plus he has no notable weaknesses, he's almost a perfect loli.

That Silva run was just too badass. 10 title defenses, and moved up 3 times while doing it. Only thing I can say about GSP is that his run is technically still going so he might pass him.

Step forward if ..

-you crushed 30 cans in a row
-you beat 1 great fighter, e.g. big nog in his prime
-you never got finished during your streak, only gave up on the stool

ladies and gentlemen your goat: FEDOR!!

If GSP hadn't come back for the Bisping fight, who would you consider to be the GOAT?

I had JJ's ahead until his 2nd failed attempt.

I had Fedor ahead until his horrendous downfall, (mainly because his bottom game is shut when the guy on top has anything higher than a white belt)

I had AS ahead until he failed his drug test.

Then before the Bisping fight i had MM ahead.

Post Bisping I have GSP as #1

Yeah....I see what you're doing here.

Fun fact, Demetrious Johnson has more title defenses in fewer days than GSP.

And more finishes.

And more wins above his natural weight class.

And he never was called for greasing against a smaller opponent.

And his last title defense wasn't a controversial split decision that he retired immediately afterward.

But I guess because he lost to a prime Cruz by decision that makes GSP better?

2-division champion is laughable because it completely ignores the circumstances. If Faber had caught Cruz with that uppercut, DJ would have had a much better chance of being a 2-division champion, but that's fantasy at that point.

GSP used his reputation to cherry pick a title match and then ran off into the night with a belt he didn't have to earn.

But I guess that makes him better.

I have a ton of respect for MM, Cejudo, and Benevidez, but you can't in good consciousness believe that GSP and MM fought the same level of competition?

Yes MM has more wins in fewer days but GSP did a TUF season as coach vs Kos. And was out a year because of an ACL injury.

But I agree that MM is right up there, what people neglect about MM is he's still fighting above his natural weight class

Back