Who is the bigger prospect: Usman or Colby Convington

Both have looked great in their fights and improve greatly after each fight. Colby has fought better competition in Dong Hyun Kim whom he absolutely dominated at his own game and won a 30-26 decision over,

Both got elite wrestling, Usman has better overal standup, i give Colby the edge in boxing.
I wouldn't say Colby looked great, to me he looked incredibly sloppy, anyone with decent striking and good enough wrestling to avoid getting took down will skelp him around the Octagon.

Edit, just noticed this was before the Maia fight.

A wrestler stops someone who can't wrestle from taking him down and shows slightly better sloppy/poor stand up than a BJJ guy.
I'm not sure impressed is the word for that.
Good win though, I think he's now on a par with Mark Munoz.

Colby he reminds me of Matt Hughes <NoneOfMy>

Usman would completely destroy Covington. Shame that the UFC keeps him from the Top 10 and he has to fight Emil.

I wouldn't say Colby looked great, to me he looked incredibly sloppy, anyone with decent striking and good enough wrestling to avoid getting took down will skelp him around the Octagon.
His striking looked better in his other fights, i think the takedown threat and nerves made him overextend so much.

Usman would completely destroy Covington. Shame that the UFC keeps him from the Top 10 and he has to fight Emil.

Usman will fight a single Top 10 guy after that and get a title shot.
They’re keeping him on that track.

Usman. Colby doesn't really impress me, and he's so boring to watch. Hope he fights a vicious striker with good TDD next and gets KO'd. I don't think he deserves a shot yet.

His striking looked better in his other fights, i think the takedown threat and nerves made him overextend so much.
He'll beat a lot of guys with his style, but it doesn't please my eyes enough to say I'm impressed.

Didn't you say the same thing about Maia? Lol

No? I was hoping for Maia to win, but wasn't certain from an objective standpoint.
But here I'm almost inclined to make a thread called "Y'all don't know who Kamaru Usman is" cause I'm 100% sure that Usman beats him.

Usman will fight a single Top 10 guy after that and get a title shot.
They’re keeping him on that track.

You really think so?
I doubt that, honestly. Dude is 32, if he doesn't get a Top 5 match-up soon he might decline, sooner or later.

I don't know but I really wanna see these 2 fight I wonder how Usman would do vs Maia? Who is the better wrestler, Usman or Colby? Usman looked more impressive to me as of late to be honest... but Colbys talking is gonna get him that TS.

Ariel just said on the MMA Hour that UFC is looking to book Usman vs Covington and are looking to cancel the Emil Weber Meek fight!

Funny how both are the two best at 170 now

Pretty even. I feel like Colby is a little faster, but Usman has more power and better striking. Not sure how much these two will be wrestling, when they fight. I have a feeling it’ll be almost entirely stand up. I give the edge to Usman, but wouldn’t be surprised to see Colby’s speed give him problems. Overall, I think Colby needs his defense to improve to a championship level. Usman mitigates distance and risk better at this point in their careers. Two exciting fighters, the winner could go on a real run, provided they don’t end up in endless rematch cycle. I’d pick Usman inside of three rounds. I just think his striking power and wrestling ability are a tough matchup for Colby.

Both have looked great in their fights and improve greatly after each fight. Colby has fought better competition in Dong Hyun Kim whom he absolutely dominated at his own game and won a 30-26 decision over,

Both got elite wrestling, Usman has better overal standup, i give Colby the edge in boxing.

I'm actually wondering if you ever saw Usman or Colby? Colby fought the better competition? They seem to have fought the same competition for the most part with Usman getting the better result he beat Warlley Alves the same guy Colby tapped to, he also beat Emil Meek a much hyped about Viking the new fanboys are going on about.

Colby edge in boxing? Which fight should I look to to see this edge in boxing..?

They both have the same fighting style with Usman being better just about everywhere.

Back