Who is the bigger prospect: Usman or Colby Convington

Alanf7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Both have looked great in their fights and improve greatly after each fight. Colby has fought better competition in Dong Hyun Kim whom he absolutely dominated at his own game and won a 30-26 decision over,

Both got elite wrestling, Usman has better overal standup, i give Colby the edge in boxing.

Erick Silva, prospecting for 6 years straight

Usman is, colby fights are boring, usman gets ko's - colby gonna get twisted up like a pretzel vs Maia

Usman and its not even close.

Usman is, colby fights are boring, usman gets ko's - colby gonna get twisted up like a pretzel vs Maia

Colby reminds me of Nelson....hot prospect whose ground game got exposed by Maia.

Usman fought 5 times in the UFC with 4 consecutive decisions, then the single KO.

Colby fought 8 times in the UFC and has a TKO and two submissions.

If you're not going to bother watching the fights at least google the records so you don't sound like goof.

Usman fought 5 times in the UFC with 4 consecutive decisions, then the single KO.

Colby fought 8 times in the UFC and has a TKO and two submissions.

If you're not going to bother watching the fights at least google the records so you don't sound like goof.
I watched there last fights tho - usman this weekend was exciting , colby vs DHK was very boring

Colvy Covington was never my friend

I think their both going to be successful with their own style. They kinda remind me of Koscheck and Fitch back in the day. Both wrestlers, both very successful, both got title shots, but their fighting style is totally different even though they were both wrestlers. I think Usman will probably reach a higher overall peak as far as his career goes.

If Coby beats Maia fuck being the biggest prospect he's the next contender for the ww strap,I'd say Colby with his wrestling is the bigger prospect since the Usman archetype fighters are there already ,Robbie,Perry,Santiago etc

Edit I only watched 1 Usman fight so I'm assuming he's predominantly a striker?

Haven't seen enough of either to determine who the better prospect is really.

Usman looks the part and seems to have a better stand up and overall MMA game but Coby seems to have the better wrestling and DHK is the best win between both of them. You don't out grapple DHK unless your grappling is top notch.

If I had to choose I take Coby.

Usman via MMAmath. Usman > Warlley Alves > Colby

Both have looked great in their fights and improve greatly after each fight. Colby has fought better competition in Dong Hyun Kim whom he absolutely dominated at his own game and won a 30-26 decision over,

Both got elite wrestling, Usman has better overal standup, i give Colby the edge in boxing.

His total domination over DHK did not impress you? Lmfao, no one has ever done that to him.

Suprisingl lucid observations from Alanf7
<{titihmm}>

Back