Who is Matthew Whitaker? Does he have a right to serve as AG? Should he recuse?

No one is saying that they sat down with the commandments and copied it except for scrawling "LAWS" across the top.

Where do you think our founding fathers learned their moral code? If you say anything but religion, you are deliberately disingenuous. There's a reason so many laws, abolished or not, coincide with the commandments.

This is false logic because it implies the commandments were some completly original ideas that weren’t already common fucking sense to humans, christian or not, as intelligent social animals or a long, long time obefore somebody claimed them as Christian. You think nobody, no society had developed the notions of “don’t go around killing and stealing” before Moses?

People, societies, philosophers, who weren’t religious didn’t share these obvious morals?

It didn’t matter at the time of the country’s founding if you were Christian or not, murdering and stealing from your neighbor were not socially acceptable if you were secular, Buddhist, or agnostic. If you want to play the game of slapping a Christian label on stupidly obvious philosophies Christianity took from ancient Greece and a bunch of other societies, then why not just say the founders were influenced by all the societies, religions, and thinkers that actually came up with them instead of this one sect who borrowed them?

Last edited:
Who is Matthew Whitaker? Does he have a right to serve as AG? Should he recuse himself? Is he incompetent?

Lets start here...

The POTUS claims to not know Matt Whitaker.

You can hear him make that clear, over and over, in this video at the 2 minute mark

Except at 1.06 of the same video we get a Fox interview excerpt done a month before where he tells them he knows Matt Whitaker and he is a "great guy".

So I am guess we can agree Trump knows Matt Whitaker and was just lying and move past that point... but you never know.

------------

it seems abundantly clear that Matt Whitaker has strong views about Mueller investigation and he spoke regularly in interview about how he would end it or choke it off by starving it of funds or other. He has called it a witch hunt and lynch mob amongst other things. He has also stated that has been proven that the Russians did not interfere in the election (0.49) which goes directly against what the FBI, The Director of National Intelligence, The Director of Homeland security, who have definitely said there was interference, who he would now oversee as AAG

It also seems clear he is a big Trump supporter and often used the same words Trump did when Matt was speaking in interviews in what many see as him 'applying for a job' with Trump, knowing Trump would watch those interviews.

So this thread will have many areas to examine. First off is Matt Whitaker qualified to be made the AAG.

He was not in the line of succession for the job and had not been confirmed by the Senate (4.40) and the expectation would have been that someone like Sally Yates or Rosenstein would have been the type of AAG pick. The President simply does not have this authority (6.10)

-----------

So overall in Matt, we have a guy who has proudly stated his bias against the investigation, who is an unapologetic Trump defender and who was not available via the constitutional process to even get the job.

I'll leave aside his prior alleged abuse of office to prosecute a political rival which failed miserably and his statements that he considers the courts a lesser level or branch of gov't and his stated belief that all judges should be Christian and they need to follow a "biblical view of Justice" or they cannot be trusted.

----------

So let's discuss Matt Whitaker.

220px-Matthew_G._Whitaker_official_photo.jpg

This is finally it.

This is finally it.

You're puppet talking points are boring and eye roll inducing. For all the shit you moan about when it comes to liberals 24/7, you show how much of a puppet hack you are with posts like these.

Only being able to post "this is it" or the scared meme really shows how hard it is for you to be honest. And you deserve zero sympathy for when others reply with the same posts in your threads..

You reap what you sow

Matt Whittaker never said nonChristians should be barred from serving. LOL
What he said is that he would want to understand their judicial philosophy and world view was one that was informed by a biblical view of justice and are they people of faith.

So while not technically banned he would exclude them particularly if he was given the power to.

Obviously, nothing rustles more liberal jimmies than the Bible.
tenor.gif

Actually, the same laws that preclude christians from interfering with the lives of others by imposing their beliefs in the civic square are the same laws that presents other religious groups doing it to christians. It's a double edged sword, and I would dare say a fine one, at that. We saw what the numerous churches and congregations of colonial America did without a secular framework to limit and protect them; civil discrimination, repression, censorship, torture, pogroms, and outright murders.

I'm actually on your side, as an unbeliever of your faith, but you keep insisting that the first secular constitution in history was god ordained, or somehow based upon precepts of the bible. These men were escaping a king, his church and his code of laws that made him dual leader of church and state.

What he said is that he would want to understand their judicial philosophy and world view was one that was informed by a biblical view of justice and are they people of faith.

So while not technically banned he would exclude them particularly if he was given the power to.
When you executive power, you get to pick the judges.

Psalm 14
1 The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.”

Not a bad place to start when considering judges.

Actually, the same laws that preclude christians from interfering with the lives of others by imposing their beliefs in the civic square are the same laws that presents other religious groups doing it to christians. It's a double edged sword, and I would dare say a fine one, at that. We saw what the numerous churches and congregations of colonial America did without a secular framework to limit and protect them; civil discrimination, repression, censorship, torture, pogroms, and outright murders.

I'm actually on your side, as an unbeliever of your faith, but you keep insisting that the first secular constitution in history was god ordained, or somehow based upon precepts of the bible. These men were escaping a king, his church and his code of laws that made him dual leader of church and state.
You should be on my side sherbro. I believe you still have a right to your opinion.

You must be referring to yourself? I never mentioned the Constitution.

Time to go back to the Video Game Forum where you spend most of your time.

Well unfortunately for you, the Constitution is what governs our laws. Not George Washington's prayer diary.

Kinda why it gets brought up in these conversations.

When you executive power, you get to pick the judges.

Psalm 14
1 The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.”

Not a bad place to start when considering judges.
take your idiot trolling elsewhere please.

Well unfortunately for you, the Constitution is what governs our laws. Not George Washington's prayer diary.

Kinda why it gets brought up in these conversations.
So Washington was not a founding father? I don't think gamers are qualified in this type of discussion.

Funny how that's exactly what I thought. Read the OP and started thinking about it, but then I saw the pic and was like "Wow this guy looks True American AF." lolol.

Crazy how our minds are conditioned.

I was mostly kidding, but he does look solid. Looks can be insanely deceiving. I'm not pretty, and would beat the crap put of guys that grew up to look like that when I was a kid/teen. Athleticism, intelligence, and toughness can often not be told by perfect facial symmetry, or a crimson chin.

So Washington was not a founding father?

Well his prayer diary was not a principle which founded our nation.

You cannot argue that private thoughts are "principle" to our nation when they were expressly excluded from our founding document.

I don't think gamers are qualified in this type of discussion.

If you want to keep appealing to experience, I've graduated law school and clerked at the federal appellate level. You haven't. I win.

I think his conflict of interest is too ridiculous even for the Trump admin. I expect he'll be replaced soon and won't affect the investigation.

eAPCHme.png

Well his prayer diary was not a principle which founded our nation.

You cannot argue that private thoughts are "principle" to our nation when they were expressly excluded from our founding document.
Nice deflections off my original points. I see you only chose one.
giphy.gif

You should be on my side sherbro. I believe you still have a right to your opinion.

We are on the same side. You don't force your beliefs in the civic administration of the republic, and you face no state persecution or promotion of any kind. Same for every other group. It limits you, and it protects you.

Doesn't get more American than that!

If you want to keep appealing to experience, I've graduated law school and clerked at the federal appellate level. You haven't. I win.
With a name like Dark Balls, these credentials, along with video game cred, You have impressed me so much. That's it! I believe you.

Back