Who is Matthew Whitaker? Does he have a right to serve as AG? Should he recuse?

You're incorrect.Our founding father's were clearly influenced by Chrisitian/biblical morals. Its clownish to try to say that our country and its laws are not based on christian/biblical principles. Everything from marriage laws to swearing on the bible on court is proof of that.

Their writings, speeches, the laws the wrote and the constitution they created shows they did not, in point of fact, found this nation on christian principles, whatever those are. Again, they were men of the enlightenment, and James Madison, a devout and pious christian, fought harder than everyone to make a secular nation, seeing the devestating bloodshed religion had wrought in the US.

The enlightenment shows their values represented far better than the bible, especially so, considering they were fighting against a king who was head of his own church.....

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/establishment_clause
If you picked up more than a single book every day, you might learn about the history of your nation, and what the men who founded it did so in service of. Then you would avoid sounding a fool in the 21st century, when, unlike them, you have instant access to all of their writings, along with the works of the giants they toddled upon.
LOL. That's one way to cherry pick. Start with George Washington and his prayer journal along with the prayer meetings that he led with our founders.

Unfortunately, in my experience, people named Whittaker just won’t get knocked the fuck out already and let me see the first Cuban champ...but I digress

No I don’t have any idea who this guy is

Didn't say that. I said our laws are based and influenced by religious principles.

One of the first provisions in our Constitution, our highest legal document, expressly says otherwise.

No one buys the fiction your selling. Especially when you go out of your way to only invoke it at select times.

One of the first provisions in our Constitution, our highest legal document, expressly says otherwise.

No one buys the fiction your selling. Especially when you go out of your way to only invoke it at select times.
No one is saying that they sat down with the commandments and copied it except for scrawling "LAWS" across the top.

Where do you think our founding fathers learned their moral code? If you say anything but religion, you are deliberately disingenuous. There's a reason so many laws, abolished or not, coincide with the commandments.

Judeo Christian principles were a part of our founding principles. Many of the Founding Fathers were actually outspoken Christians. The intent of our forefathers was that the government can not force you how to worship like was taking place under British rule.

The intent of our forefathers was to very specifically and clearly separate religion from out laws.

The vague notion that it was still "christian in principle" is unsupported by any evidence other than selectively taking writings of some of the founders. This is done so that partisans can invoke biblical law/principles in one instance and then run away when they don't get them the result they want. Like posters calling for it's return, yet standing mute when it comes to applying it to someone like trump, who shits on biblical principles daily.

The easy solution: Lets follow the constitution.

What's wrong with a Christian view of justice? After all, the United States was founded on Judeo Christian principles. Perhaps TS prefers the promotion of Sharia Law style justice. No thank you.

I don't think a lot of people actually get that.
I get that. But you guys seem to be unaware of that thing called the Constitution and the "wall of separation between church and state" that was intended.

Where do you think our founding fathers learned their moral code? If you say anything but religion, you are deliberately disingenuous. There's a reason so many laws, abolished or not, coincide with the commandments.

The framers were clear on what inspired them to draft our Constitution. It was almost exclusively foreign "constitutions" mixed with philosophers such as Hobbes, Locke, etc.

There is nothing to indicate that the constitution was written by some moral code influenced by religious belief to the degree that, despite them saying the exact opposite for the document in question, they really wanted christian theology creeping across new england.

LOL. That's one way to cherry pick. Start with George Washington and his prayer journal along with the prayer meetings that he led with our founders.

George Washington did not frame our constitution. Do you honestly think it's cherry picking to include the clear and distinct writings of the men who actually framed our founding document?

You have his prayer journal, and I have the writings of Jefferson, Franklin, Madison and Adams, along with the laws they enacted, including the clear admission by Adams within our very first treaty as a nation, which was signed into law by who? President John Adams.

Your argument lies upon sand.

Here is Washington bemoaning the seemingly obvious fact that religion is a dividing force, and a source of conflict

"Of all the animosities which have existed among mankind, those which are caused by difference of sentiments in religion appear to be the most inveterate and distressing, and ought most to be deprecated. I was in hopes that the enlightened and liberal policy, which has marked the present age, would at least have reconciled Christians of every denomination so far that we should never again see the religious disputes carried to such a pitch as to endanger the peace of society."
[George Washington, letter to Edward Newenham, October 20, 1792; from George Seldes, ed., The Great Quotations, Secaucus, New Jersey: Citadel Press, 1983, p.726]

"...I beg you be persuaded that no one would be more zealous than myself to establish effectual barriers against the horrors of spiritual tyranny, and every species of religious persecution."
[George Washington, to United Baptists Churches of Virginia, May, 1789 from The Washington papers, edited by Saul Padover]

And here is Washington laying it out clear

"As the contempt of the religion of a country by ridiculing any of its ceremonies, or affronting its ministers or votaries, has ever been deeply resented, you are to be particularly careful to restrain every officer from such imprudence and folly, and to punish every instance of it. On the other hand, as far as lies in your power, you are to protect and support the free exercise of religion of the country, and the undisturbed enjoyment of the rights of conscience in religious matters, with your utmost influence and authority."
[George Washington, to Benedict Arnold, September 14, 1775 from The Washington papers, edited by Saul Padover]

Again, you must open the book to enjoy it's information.

I get that. But you guys seem to be unaware of that thing called the Constitution and the "wall of separation between church and state" that was intended.
I missed where it said he's enforcing Jesus.

The intent of our forefathers was to very specifically and clearly separate religion from out laws.

The vague notion that it was still "christian in principle" is unsupported by any evidence other than selectively taking writings of some of the founders. This is done so that partisans can invoke biblical law/principles in one instance and then run away when they don't get them the result they want. Like posters calling for it's return, yet standing mute when it comes to applying it to someone like trump, who shits on biblical principles daily.

The easy solution: Lets follow the constitution.
Christian principles were clearly a part of our founding, but you have the right to your own religious freedom. Look up George Washington's prayer journals along with him leading prayer meetings with the founders as a start.

Does he not have any rights or freedoms like those similar to many of our founders?

No one is saying that they sat down with the commandments and copied it except for scrawling "LAWS" across the top.

Again, they were men of the enlightenment who saw what religion was doing to the colonies. They made a secular constitution in the face of a king who was the head of a state church for precisely this reason.

You've got it backwards, we are not getting our morality from the ten commandments, the people who fabricated the ten commandments along with their origin story were seizing upon aspects of human morality already innate in humans, while loading them up with absurd provisions about fearing and respecting the giver of the laws. No sophisticated nation ever failed to codify laws against theft or murder. It is absurd, and the story is an insult to Jews.

You're incorrect.Our founding father's were clearly influenced by Chrisitian/biblical morals. Its clownish to try to say that our country and its laws are not based on christian/biblical principles. Everything from marriage laws to swearing on the bible on court is proof of that.
He is not incorrect. You are mistatting and spinning the argument. Of course with the Founding Fathers and those around them being mostly Christian there was no way those values would not inform their views and findings. Just as US born Muslim who gets into the judiciary or gov't will not be able to prevent their upbring from informing their views and findings.

Those are ok in both cases but that is DIFFERENT than what Whitaker is saying. He is saying if you have jewish American's, Muslim American's or atheist American's they should not be trusted to serve in those roles because they ARE NOT Christian. He is saying a religion, ONE RELIGION needs to be at the base of all who serve.

Christian principles were clearly a part of our founding, but you have the right to your own religious freedom. Look up George Washington's prayer journals along with him leading prayer meetings with the founders as a start.

Then look up the actions of the men who framed the founding documents, along with their writings, and the laws and treaties they enacted which explicitly made clear this is a secular republic founded upon no religion.

What's wrong with a Christian view of justice? After all, the United States was founded on Judeo Christian principles. Perhaps TS prefers the promotion of Sharia Law style justice. No thank you.

Ya dont get mo Judeo Christian than this shet

Again, they were men of the enlightenment who saw what religion was doing to the colonies. They made a secular constitution in the face of a king who was the head of a state church for precisely this reason.
I would bet that 99% of them were deeply religious.
Like I said, no one says the laws are the commandments word for word. Our forefathers, where did they get their moral code, their principles? I know you'll leap through a lot of hoop to avoid the brutally obvious answer.

For example, why was infidelity illegal? Why did our forefathers write that law? Was it something they just came up with? Or (leading you here) were there some other influences that instilled this moral code?

Back