Who is higher p4p: DC or GSP

MMA__Analyst

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
IMO they are both the best and I go back and forth between which one should be #1. GSP has been more perfect and just complete in his own division but DC's accomplishments of beating everyone at HW and LHW is just too good of an accomplishment to dismiss. Of course you can say the shallowness of the HW and LHW division is why DC can't be #1, but GSP has never beaten anyone (except for matt hughes) with as big a name as Stipe, Dan henderson, AJ, Gus, Silva, and etc... If we made a top 30 list of mma fighters GSP has beaten maybe one other person on the list while DC has beaten prob 3 or 4. So who really faced the better competition.

This is literally an impossible debate for me.

All time GSP would probably be number 3 or 4 while DC would be somewhere around the 30-40th place maybe.

Right now you'd have to pick DC because of GSP's inactivity and the fact that his last top 5 win was like 4 years ago or something. (Hendricks)

currently or of all time?

Cause they're different answers imo

GSP by far, he's the WW GOAT and he won the MW title (without any title defences though). DC hasn't even solidified himself the LHW GOAT yet.

All time GSP would probably be number 3 or 4 while DC would be somewhere around the 30-40th place maybe.

How is DC not in at least your top 10... Look at who he has beaten. He has destoryed everyone they put in front of him at the highest level of competition...

Right now you'd have to pick DC because of GSP's inactivity and the fact that his last top 5 win was like 4 years ago or something. (Hendricks)

What about when GSP beat the MW champion...

How is DC not in at least your top 10... Look at who he has beaten. He has destoryed everyone they put in front of him at the highest level of competition...

What about when GSP beat the MW champion...

If I rank DC top 10 that would mean I would forget about a large range of fighters like BJ Penn, Chuck Lidell, Rampage, Couture etc. as if they never accomplished anything. Just because DC is at his top.

Bisping wasn't a top 5 when GSP beat him. Rockhold, Weidman, Romero, Whittaker, Mousasi and maybe 1-2 others were better than him at that point.

GSP by far, he's the WW GOAT and he won the MW title (without any title defences though). DC hasn't even solidified himself the LHW GOAT yet.

DC has beaten everyone at LHW (except jon jones he doesn't count) that they put in front of him. And ppl forget rumble ran through LHW and DC destoryed him twice along with Gus. So the only other person that could be LHW is Shogun due to shoguns long list of opponents but thats not DC's fault. They tell him to fight someone and he beats them, he can't control the state of the division

If I rank DC top 10 that would mean I would forget about a large range of fighters like BJ Penn, Chuck Lidell, Rampage, Couture etc. as if they never accomplished anything. Just because DC is at his top.

DC is better than those fighters in every way. DC's record is more flawless, he has beaten better ppl, faced better and tougher competition, and is more well rounded as a DC.

GSP is GOAT contender while DC is not

I'd say GSP. While DC's been more active, he has Jones lingering in his past. If he never beats Jones, his legacy will never be more than it is right now.

Right now, his legacy will be Lesnar. The roid freak that pisses so hot a NEST time is alerted every he goes to the bathroom. What a note to go out on..

Gsp, because he was actually able to avenge his losses.

But DC lost to the GOAT fighter (much bigger and better than hughes and serra) and Jones was on steroids while DC was not. GSP lost to lesser competition than DC

<{katwhu}>

IMO they are both the best and I go back and forth between which one should be #1. GSP has been more perfect and just complete in his own division but DC's accomplishments of beating everyone at HW and LHW is just too good of an accomplishment to dismiss. Of course you can say the shallowness of the HW and LHW division is why DC can't be #1, but GSP has never beaten anyone (except for matt hughes) with as big a name as Stipe, Dan henderson, AJ, Gus, Silva, and etc... If we made a top 30 list of mma fighters GSP has beaten maybe one other person on the list while DC has beaten prob 3 or 4. So who really faced the better competition.

This is literally an impossible debate for me.
DC definitely higher than both No Rush & even JBJ, but not GOAT .

On a side note, GOAT discussions depend on your own criterias.

DC pretzels GSP. Fantasy BS. One saying give me any HW , the other is saying I might drop to LW if the small guy wins

GSP imho, it's tricky because Cormier is a HW that was killing himself to make LHW because of Cain.

Last edited:
DC beat Stipe, GSP beat Bisping.. id say DC by a landslide

DC is kicking ass in his middle age under USADA while GSP vanished in his early 30s and was pretty boring before that.

DC is better than GSP in every way that matters, even with Jones in the picture.

Back