Who is higher p4p: DC or GSP

90.gif
team.gif

. But it's still a fact he hasn't beaten many top fighters.

Stipe Miocic, Gustafsson, Anthony Johnson, Dan Henderson, Josh Barnett, Anderson Silva, Frank Mir, Roy Nelson, and etc... He has beaten soo many top fighters its ridiculous.
I think DC has a much better case than No Rush or JBJ...

But what about your criterias?

For me its:
1. Quality of competition and opponents
2. The way they won/dominated
3. How well rounded they are

Just basically who is the most compelte and flawless. IMO its GSP and DC. GSP only has two losses avenged both and dominated nearly every round against every other fighter he face. DC has beaten everyone at LHW and HW (except cheater jones)

. But it's still a fact he hasn't beaten many top fighters.

Stipe Miocic, Gustafsson, Anthony Johnson, Dan Henderson, Josh Barnett, Anderson Silva, Frank Mir, Roy Nelson, and etc... He has beaten soo many top fighters its ridiculous.

Would you really consider Stipe a top 20 HW goat after beating four fighters with an average age of 40 years old? Hunt is a shit win, he doesn't even have a winning record. JDS was a shell of his former self and he actually got beat by a past his prime JDS already. I can't believe all the recency bias. Obviously Stipe is a solid win but winning vs. Stipe, Rumble and Gus doesn't make you a GOAT candidate.

I agree with you on ppl overhyping Stipes wins especially with JDS. However, there is a debate of Stipe winning that first fight. Mark Hunt is a solid win bc he is so tough and has beaten some of the best. Alistair Overeem is a solid win especially since overeem had an opportunity to win, so you can't say he was past his prime. Fabricio Werdum, Roy Nelson, Arlovski, Roy Nelson, and etc.. are all still quality wins. And Stipe was the most dominant HW champion in the UFC, so yes he is a top 20 HW. If you consider Werdum, Overeem, and Arlovski top 10 HW's (as I do) then you need to have Stipe among those greatest HW's.

I agree with you on ppl overhyping Stipes wins especially with JDS. However, there is a debate of Stipe winning that first fight. Mark Hunt is a solid win bc he is so tough and has beaten some of the best. Alistair Overeem is a solid win especially since overeem had an opportunity to win, so you can't say he was past his prime. Fabricio Werdum, Roy Nelson, Arlovski, Roy Nelson, and etc.. are all still quality wins. And Stipe was the most dominant HW champion in the UFC, so yes he is a top 20 HW. If you consider Werdum, Overeem, and Arlovski top 10 HW's (as I do) then you need to have Stipe among those greatest HW's.
1st JDS vs Miocic doesnt desserve any debate, imo... At best, Miocic could pretend he earned a Draw, and that´s a reach...

Do you really think Stipe's accomplishments are better than ANY of the following HWs?
Fedor
Cain
JDS
Coleman
Vovchanchyn
Werdum
Overeem
Big Nog
Rutten

You must be quite new to MMA to make a claim like that.

1st JDS vs Miocic doesnt desserve any debate, imo... At best, Miocic could pretend he earned a Draw, and that´s a reach...

I agree but it was still a very competitive fight against a monster in JDS (without Cain JDS wouldve dominated for a while) and I mention it because many ppl believe that Stipe won. Not me necessarily.

I agree but it was still a very competitive fight against a monster in JDS (without Cain JDS wouldve dominated for a while) and I mention it because many ppl believe that Stipe won. Not me necessarily.

Without Cain JDS would have knocked out Stipe within one round. He was a fucking beast before Cain took his soul. He was a shell of his former self after those two fights.

Do you really think Stipe's accomplishments are better than ANY of the following HWs?
Fedor
Cain
JDS
Coleman
Vovchanchyn
Werdum
Overeem
Big Nog
Rutten

You must be quite new to MMA to make a claim like that.

Better than Coleman, Vovchanchyn, Overeem, and Rutten. Overeem I can see an argument that Stipe has dominated in a very shallow HW era, but Stipe still has quality wins against some of the best HW's. He KO'd Werdum and Overeem for fuck sake

Better than Coleman, Vovchanchyn, Overeem, and Rutten. Overeem I can see an argument that Stipe has dominated in a very shallow HW era, but Stipe still has quality wins against some of the best HW's. He KO'd Werdum and Overeem for fuck sake

He beat a 39 years old Werdum who came rushing in and didn't even take him serious.
Then he struggled against Undereem/Econoreem after almost getting finished.

I guess we both look at circumstances of wins every differently. It's like saying Mitrione now has Fedor on his resume so he shoots up in the all time rankings.

DontBelieve1

DC is 5'10 prob 5'9

Alexander Gustaffson 6'5-6
Anthony Johnson 6'2 (power advantage)
Volkan 6'2 (power advantage)
Anderson Silva 6'2
Patrick Cummins 6'2

The only person that was similar height to DC was Hendo, and Hendo has the punching power advantage.

Whats not to believe?

P4p criteria is so ambiguous and subjective that I never partake in these convos but if I had to choose, it'd be DC

DC is 5'10 prob 5'9

Alexander Gustaffson 6'5-6
Anthony Johnson 6'2 (power advantage)
Volkan 6'2 (power advantage)
Anderson Silva 6'2
Patrick Cummins 6'2

The only person that was similar height to DC was Hendo, and Hendo has the punching power advantage.

Whats not to believe?

Undersized and shorter aren't exactly the same thing. DC is a tank at LHW and has plenty of power.

maxresdefault.jpg

usa_today_9377502.0.jpg

tumblr_n642xjEUtB1rofocqo1_500.gif

He beat a 39 years old Werdum who came rushing in and didn't even take him serious.

I agree werdum came rushing in, but this was the Werdum who dethroned Cain Velasquez. What does Stipe need to do to prove his worth. Werdum came charging at him and Stipe countered and won... Should Stipe not have countered him and only decided to fight when he thought werdum was taking him serious. Its not Stipes fault Werdum fought the way he did, and fight IQ, emotions, and strategy is apart of the game and Stipe beat him.

Then he struggled against Undereem/Econoreem after almost getting finished.

He struggled. So what? This is the save ubereem that beat Mark Hunt, Arlovksi, JDS, and roy Nelson. Stipe survived the right hand and actually KO'd Overeem in the same round. Who gets more credit, Overeem for almost finishing Stipe or Stipe who actually knocked Overeem unconscious.

GSP is the GOAT. I’d have Cormier in top 3 p4p of all time. Yes Anderson and Jones are disqualified due to roids.

I love how butthurt GSP makes people. For no real reason, they’re just being bitchy it’s hilarious

Back