Who here has a long term job with benefits?

no fat chicks

Worlds greatest poster
@Silver
Reaction score
I work as an electrician at a mine currently. Pays well $45hr plus all the perks.
Before this I was involved in construction which, while paying well, never gave a good long term future.

What sherdogers are blessed with good steady jobs?
Who here is on the hunt for one?
Who is content living job to job?

Is this you, TS?

tumblr_moxcm4rbYj1sx2peuo1_400.gif

The industry I'm in is so specialized that I don't have to worry about ever having a job. That being said I'm starting out with a new company this week, I have a hard time doing stupid shit for too long which is why I decided to make a change. OUr industry as are most are based off of results and production. I feel like if you have something constructive to offer that can help further my knowledge and/or help me be more productive I'm all for it. That was not the case with my last employer who thought he would constantly tell me how to do my job his way even though it was wrong and far less productive. When he wasn't there I would make things happen and jobs would go smoothly and much faster then when he was around which in turn made him press me even harder. Told him thanks for the opporunity but it was time for me to go.

That being said I'm union and the benefits are excellent and the pay isn't nothing to be ashamed of either.

I work as an electrician at a mine currently. Pays well $45hr plus all the perks.
Before this I was involved in construction which, while paying well, never gave a good long term future.

I just finished a career which allowed me to stop working at a very young age with a fat pension, 457, and health care. Now I just travel a lot, go to the gym and post on Sherdog. :p

Kudos to you for thinking about your future. By chance do you get a pension? If not, I strongly encourage you to sink a lot of money into a 457/401 or other retirement savings plan.

Not really but the job I'm working now is only for the experience. It pays decently and the benefits are alright. What I like about the industry I work in is that there are always jobs so it allows for a lot of mobility.

I have a career. It's nice having a steady paycheck, a path to advance on, benefits, and all that.

I just finished a career which allowed me to stop working at a very young age with a fat pension, 457, and health care. Now I just travel a lot, go to the gym and post on Sherdog. :p

Kudos to you for thinking about your future. By chance do you get a pension? If not, I strongly encourage you to sink a lot of money into a 457/401 or other retirement savings plan.
Bragging.gif

I just collect welfare and foodstamps and post on sherdog.

15 years in. Benefits and a pension. Hopefully I'm retiring in 10, and taking my Northeast money down south where it's cheaper to live.

I'm in a public employees union... in New Jersey. Not doing too bad at all.

Congratulations on your retirement! If you don't mind, what did you do for a living?

i run my own business which is kind of a franchise. i sit in my back office and shitpost, occasionally go out and tell my employees to sell more

i make good enough money to afford to rent townhouse in tustin and live a comfortable lifestyle but i have no benefits and if things go bad, i have no safety net besides getting another job. its not like i can depend on a boss to pay me unless the office is making money

I get a annual salary that pays more than the average middle class family earns. Since I do know the head of the company, I have job security.

Living job to job is just a code word for being lazy and lacking vertical drive. They will go no where in life.

i run my own business which is kind of a franchise. i sit in my back office and shitpost, occasionally go out and tell my employees to sell more

i make good enough money to afford to rent townhouse in tustin and live a comfortable lifestyle but i have no benefits and if things go bad, i have no safety net besides getting another job. its not like i can depend on a boss to pay me unless the office is making money
Tustin is nice but it's so fucking boring. I only go there to work (most of the week) and go to Gen KBBQ once in a while.

Why are electritions lazy TS? Serious question.

I work for a job that has union benefits, didnt for years and years. It has its long term benefits, but the day to day grind of doing this shit is monotonous to say the least. I had to slow down my workflow and kind accept being a drone for the god damn benefits. Its unfulfilling and vanilla as fuck, but unlike most assholes I'll be retiring and posting on sherdog from my beachhouse in about 15 years with 30 years in. But the day to day, makes me want to fucking die.

Back