Who has the stylistic advantage? RDA or Covington?

when you have a chain wrestler in Colby, how well rounded RDA is becomes more obsolete.

As long as Colby doesn't gas, he can grind out a decision a la Chael Sonnen

Why people are disqualifying Lawler to disqualify RDA? Lawler is tough as fuck, one of the toughest UFC guys. And RDA was beating him before he got his leg injured.

I feel Covington..RDA hasn't faced a wrestler this size before, and i feel Colby will be able to control him easily..

{<jordan}

If Colby had any type of striking he might pose a small threat, but his striking is craptacular at best.
RDA will light him up on the feet, then put Colby on his back and unleash some nasty GnP.

Yeah, the guy who got outwrestled by Cerrone and struggled to win 29-28 right before he faced RDA. Oh and then his last win before Cerrone was against Condit who’s 2-7 in his last 9.

The Robbie Lawler who hasn’t looked great since Rory 2 in 2015...Yeah I remember that Robbie Lalwler.

Slow it down, champ.

Robbie lawler is still Robbie lawler.

The fact that RDA is 33 years old leads me to believe Colby has the advantage.

I really like how he’s working with Jason Parillo a lot though. He’s gonna need that boxing wrestling.

1)Maia was beating boomerang target until he gassed out.RDA is not going to gas.

2)if this is a ITS then it is a 5 rounder.
Did poor men Chael Covington even fought a 5 rounder?

3)did he paid those “fancy ladies” in cash or he used his dad credicard

4)some people here are daring to compare Khabobs grappling with Cholby and say the result will be the same.
Except for the fact that both are offensive grapplers I don’t see the similarities.

5)this is Boomerang boy call to fame.
Try to get an IT.
If he fails,his schtick is over.
Back to the preliminaries,the pressure must be huge for the scared kid.

Covington.

RDA is the better overall fighter but his weakness happens to be Colby's strength and whilst his BJJ is very good, it's far better from top position.

no he wouldn't, good luck trying to rush like a bum against a good striker with great high kicks like Cerrone and he has a good grappling game as well, good enough to get back on the feet and piece up Colby boring ass
lmfao, Colby would destroy that bum.

Covington.

The last fight of RDA when he was fighting a wrestler was against Jason High. And High is nowhere near Covington level, yet he was able to take him down few times and control on the ground.

RDA's kryptonite were always wrestlers (Khabib, Tibau, also Guida to some level). And we cannot say if he improved or not in this aspect because his last 9 fights have been against guys who don't implement the dominant wrestling strategy. Also, Colby is way bigger and stronger, c'mon RDA looked small against Tarec.

Of course Rafael has the striking advantage but you cannot strike if you are being taken down all the time. Covington will 50-45 him and all of you sherdoggers will think ,,how the fook did this happen" and start calling RDA a past-prime bum, because all that you see is Colby's striking against Maia.

And I'm not saying this as a fan, I don't give a damn about Cringe Colby.

Last edited:
Sytlistic advantage? I believe RDA can prevent takedowns and brutalize Covington in the standup to a tko finish.

It's a good matchup. Colby is the better wrestler but rda is a legit grappler too. On the feet, rda is waay better. I hope rda wins ( i think rda catches colby in a guillotine or sth) but colby makes me laugh so i won't be bothered either way.

I feel Covington..RDA hasn't faced a wrestler this size before, and i feel Colby will be able to control him easily..
Come on reallly? U picking a guy that hasn’t had any impressive wins over an ex champ that’s moving up in weight? Gtfoh. Colby’s a fraud

Back