Penn
Shields
Fitch
Diaz
Condit
Hendricks
Elves
Kid

Take you'e pick of 3,most guys were top 3 and on great streaks when GSP took those souls.

In other words, prime.

As you are alluding to, GSP beat 2 legends (BJ and Hughes) in their prime.

For the third I'd add pre-USADA Hendricks.

Fedor also beat 2 legends in their prime, Big Nog and Cro Cop. Third, maybe Arlovski.

Anderson, his wins over Hendo and Belfort are up there, maybe Rick Franklin for his third.

Jon Jones, his wins over Machida, Gustaffsson and DC are undeniably good.

Your goat after one of his most impressive wins
0-36876

Compared to
tumblr_m89vjilwoN1ry1rm7o4_r1_250.gif

Hmmmm Jones beat Gus in a war! Showed fucking tremendous heart. While Fedor had to have the ref intervene in the pic below. And cowardly signed with JMMA to fight 2 fight fighter (now 2-3) instead of UFC, maybe to get back on those tremendous vitamins over there??

My GOAT:
source.gif

Your GOAT:
fedor-injured-3.jpg

Now run along kiddo, time to go play your little basement dweller sherbro fighting games. LMAO fucking loser!!!

Clearly you don't have any clue what natural LHW mean. He came into many of his LHW fights at around 202 pounds. The guy did not cut weight to make LHW. Which made him pretty much unique in the weight class (excluding Anderson Silva who had to put on weight to make 205).

He was likely one of the smaller guys to compete at MW.
Clearly you do not know what natural mean. Dehydrating yourself to make weight is not natural.

LHW is 186-205. So if Dan was 202 that would NATURALLY make him a light heavyweight.

Cain was past his prime?

Injuries + Ring Rust + High Altitude = Past his Prime, until further notice.

He was, at most, at 40% for that fight.

Even at UFC200, he was at 80%, at most.

He's now 35, had 4 fights in the last 5 years, had numerous surgeries, so we'll probably never see Prime Cain again.

BJ and Sherk were below his weight class.
Penn had fought at HW previously, so.... Sherk I agree was seriously undersized at 170. Almeida was a great win for Hughes when it happened, though I suspected someone might argue that point. Carlos Newton was also a stud at the time of that fight. Crazy finishes too...

Hughes is GOAT at 170, far as I am concerned. He was pretty short for the division, too.

Cain was past his prime? It seems like everyone is past their prime as soon as they lose so no noe has prime wins I guess

And it's funny because Fedor fans were declaring him a God in 2009 but in 2010 he was suddenly past his prime.

Nog was past his prime for sure tho, but he also beat a prime Overeem

Pretty much this.

Penn had fought at HW previously, so.... Sherk I agree was seriously undersized at 170. Almeida was a great win for Hughes when it happened, though I suspected someone might argue that. Carlos Newton was also a stud at the time of that fight. Crazy finishes too...

Hughes is GOAT at 170, far as I am concerned. He was pretty short for the division, too.

Hughes is GOAT at 170?

gsp-stare-o.gif

Hmmmm Jones beat Gus in a war! Showed fucking tremendous heart. While Fedor had to have the ref intervene in the pic below. And cowardly signed with JMMA to fight 2 fight fighter (now 2-3) instead of UFC, maybe to get back on those tremendous vitamins over there??

My GOAT:
source.gif

Your GOAT:
fedor-injured-3.jpg

Now run along kiddo, time to go play your little basement dweller sherbro fighting games. LMAO fucking loser!!!
If you think impressive wins are winning close decisions, then it’s no wonder you think cheaters and weight cutters and goat. My goat was 13 years into his career in that photo

And it's funny because Fedor fans were declaring him a God in 2009 but in 2010 he was suddenly past his prime.

Nog was past his prime for sure tho, but he also beat a prime Overeem

In 2009 people were saying Fedor looked slower and got hit way more than he should have against Rogers. What the fuck are you talking about

If you're just going by name value, Werdum.

But context is important:

FEDOR:
Nog (26) 19-1-1 = #1 HW/#1 P4P
Nog (28) 24-2-1 = #2 HW/#2 P4P
Cro Cop (30) 16-2-2 = #2 HW/#5 P4P

WERDUM:
Fedor (34) 31-1 = #1 HW/#3 P4P
Nog (37) 34-7-1 = #8 HW
Cain (32) 13-1 = #1 HW/#5 P4P

I'm a fan of both and think that they're both top 3 GHWOAT. But, everyone knows Nog was WAY past it when Werdum beat him and most (objective) fans, writers, and pundits agree that Fedor was on the backside of his peak(still impressive). Cain is his most impressive win and even that has some questions about if Cain was at his best (coming off multiple injuries, knee surgery, and of course the sea level BS).

Also, Werdum lost pretty convincingly to Nog when they were both in their late 20's(same Nog Fedor beat 2x).

So, I'm going with Fedor.

GSP always getting the shaft here.

Hughes
Penn
Shields
Fitch
Diaz
Condit
Hendricks
Elves
Kid

Take you'e pick of 3,most guys were top 3 and on great streaks when GSP took those souls.

Absolutely GSP. Werdum a close second.

If you think impressive wins are winning close decisions, then it’s no wonder you think cheaters and weight cutters and goat. My goat was 13 years into his career in that photo

Nah your GOAT chose his opponents and fought a shit ton of cans: 0-1 pro wrassler, ogawa, zulu, HMC, out of prime sylvia, TK, gatekeepers coleman and randleman, haseman, small fighters in sobral MW Lindland Sobral, Goodridge, etc. Your GOAT is a farce that fought in an organization that was known for steroid abuse, cheating, FIXED FIGHTS, and refs with earpieces. GTFO fucking loser lol!!

And...suddenly out of his prime once he starts losing...haha got ya! Here we go with Fedro clownboys ITT!

Not sure Nogueria is even one of Werdum's 3 best wins.
Mark Hunt and Big Foot probably better considering where they were in their careers.

Frank Mir has Cro Cop and Big Nog in his top 3 as well, only he finished them all.

Same with Roy Nelson.

Frank fought them years later down the line. A win over Anderson Silva now isn't as impressive as it was years ago when Chris Weidman first beat him.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back