Who has entered the UFC with the most impressive winning streak ever?

Douglas Silva de Andrade entered the UFC on a 21 fight win streak.

Wow, that's world class (though unfortunately he entered the UFC with a 1 fight streak.

Not sure if it's world class considering the caliber of opponents... Maybe "Fedor class".

I went there. Don't @ me.

Ben Askren might be. When he inevitably fights Khabib
I don't see Khabib stepping up to welter weight to fight him. Though he only has a 4 fight winning streak since a no contest, and to tie Barao's 25 fight win streak if you don't count no contests Askren needs another 7.

Not the longest but DC's was quite impressive:
11-0
Wins over Barnett, Bigfoot, Monson
Then 3 of his first 4 UFC fights were: Mir, Nelson, Hendo
Yeah he brought in a crazy good record against top heavyweights!

In the wake of Alexey Kuncheno's 18-0 entry into the UFC I was wondering if that is the longest winning streak to enter the UFC.
But also I figure because I don't want a 1 reply thread giving the fact I'm going to open it up to other interpretations.
Sure, who has the most number of wins going in, is it Alexey.
But also who has the most impressive streak resume, perhaps bringing a streak carrying some high caliber opponents.
And finally there is the most impressive streak entering the UFC which includes non mma qualification like a winning streak in another martial art, or multiple martial arts.

I am interested in knowing the first answer, but I think the interesting responses will be in the other two.

Pat Smith was 200-something wins with no losses when he lost at UFC 1.

Rudyard Moncayo was 250-0 when he was finally defeated by Pat Smith at UFC 6.
(strangely Moncayo entered Extreme and was billed as being 12-0 after that UFC. How was that possible? One of those losses MUST have occurred before the other, no? And what happened to his other 238 wins?)

Pat Smith was 200-something wins with no losses when he lost at UFC 1.

Rudyard Moncayo was 250-0 when he was finally defeated by Pat Smith at UFC 6.
(strangely Moncayo entered Extreme and was billed as being 12-0 after that UFC. How was that possible? One of those losses MUST have occurred before the other, no? And what happened to his other 238 wins?)
I don't think this is possible, though I could be wrong, or not understand, but Wikipedia has his kickboxing record at 66-8 and his boxing at 5-11. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Smith_(fighter)
I can't find anything about Rudyard's non mma record, but in MMA he is 0-3 http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Rudyard-Moncayo-114

I wondered what Glover had coming in, it crossed my mind that it was really long.
That is a solid resume for Machida!

13. He was the first to pop into my head. Thought it was longer. He was 17-2 when he entered.

Man wasn't there a guy named Jason something who came in 20-0 and lost two in a row. And I think there was a Chinese guy with a similar record who also lost immediately

Aldo is the obivious answer untill the sudden massive skill gap increase in opponents

Hahaha. What are you talking about? He entered the UFC with all the same guys he was already fighting since the UFC merged the entire division at once.

Lol at "massive skill gap increase of opponents" too. Aldo lost too two guys, 1 of which both landed the same punch in there fight, Aldo was a hair slower that night and was never given his promised rematch and the other he beat the shirt out of for the first 2 rounds of the first fight and won the first round of the second fight and had a descent second round before in both fights Max's iron chin and constant pressure was able to wear Jose down and gas him out. ( I know, that's just whining and making excuses unless it's Conor gassing out before losing in a much slower paced fight but whatever.)

All credit due to both of those guys but on paper Jose is far more well rounded and skilled than both which makes your comment absurd.

I guess we are talking about his Wrestling record?

Good question but the TS never really stated. I think he ended up like 101-19 something like that, I enjoyed watching his fights, but not sure win streaks, but i imagine long.

Man wasn't there a guy named Jason something who came in 20-0 and lost two in a row. And I think there was a Chinese guy with a similar record who also lost immediately

Probably Jason Reinhardt. Entered 18-0, lost to Joe Lauzon, left for two fights, and then came back and lost two in a row.

And we have a no winner in this category. Wow he came in 22-0 with 1 NC that was quite a record!
Yeah it's impressive. Lost to Tukhugov first fight in but has had some decent showings. Interesting thread.

Probably Jason Reinhardt. Entered 18-0, lost to Joe Lauzon, left for two fights, and then came back and lost two in a row.

aye, that's the one i believe. The Chinese guy I can't remember but he fought within the last year or two

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back