Who has entered the UFC with the most impressive winning streak ever?

Thomas Almeida joined at 16-0 and got to 20-0 before he started losing.

Crabman, 17-0
images

Lyoto Machida went 16-0 before losing

Jon Jones is in reality 24-0

Jon Jones is in reality 24-0
Irrelevant. He was 6-0 coming into the UFC so he should not be anywhere near this list

I think Glove Teixeira was also on a 15 fight streak when he entered the UFC.

Man wasn't there a guy named Jason something who came in 20-0 and lost two in a row. And I think there was a Chinese guy with a similar record who also lost immediately
That will take a bit of research. But I'm glad someone found the Jason you spoke of.

Good question but the TS never really stated. I think he ended up like 101-19 something like that, I enjoyed watching his fights, but not sure win streaks, but i imagine long.
Actually the question is who entered the UFC with the longest streak, not who has had the longest streak. But I do appreciate your replying.

Jimmy Rivera and Miguel Torres?
Some solid guesses
Jimmie was on a 15 fight streak
Torres had an insane win streak, split down the middle by one loss making both of them too short to win this but insanely long. However he eventually entered the UFC from WEC on a 1 fight streak.

Mousasi had like a very good run when he joined the ufc

- 14 fight win streak
- Dan Henderson
- Robbie Lawler
- Carlos Condit
- Paul Daley
- Yushin Okami
- Mayhem Miller
- Mike Pyle

Not the longest but one of the most impressive.
This! So many posts just mention the longest streaks, not good ones.

Quality over quantity. I'd take Shield's 14 wins with some huge names, over Khabib's 16 wins against nonames any day.

Last edited:
Hahaha. What are you talking about? He entered the UFC with all the same guys he was already fighting since the UFC merged the entire division at once.

Lol at "massive skill gap increase of opponents" too. Aldo lost too two guys, 1 of which both landed the same punch in there fight, Aldo was a hair slower that night and was never given his promised rematch and the other he beat the shirt out of for the first 2 rounds of the first fight and won the first round of the second fight and had a descent second round before in both fights Max's iron chin and constant pressure was able to wear Jose down and gas him out. ( I know, that's just whining and making excuses unless it's Conor gassing out before losing in a much slower paced fight but whatever.)

All credit due to both of those guys but on paper Jose is far more well rounded and skilled than both which makes your comment absurd.
McGregor and Holloway are different level to Aldo or any of his previous opponents. Thats what I meant by sudden skill increase in opponents

McGregor and Holloway are different level to Aldo or any of his previous opponents. Thats what I meant by sudden skill increase in opponents
I often think it's hard to compare fighters who are currently doing great (like Holloway) to fighters who we've seen starting to decline.

It's easy to get blindsided by guys who are doing great right now.

I think LW Pettis is a great example. In 2014 he had beat Stephens, Lauzon, Cerrone, Bendo and Giblert in a row and was 18-2 with 17 wins by finish.
I was sure he was "on a completely different level" than the rest.

---
Imagine if someone Aldo beat (Frankie or Mendes) defeats Holloway. Before they face off we can't really be sure.

We can't use MMA Math to assume that they would lose.
(Cause imagine if we had said "Pettis beat Cerrone! Thus - he would also beat Alvarez and RDA. Cause Cerrone beat Alvarez, and Alvarez beat RDA)

Last edited:
In the wake of Alexey Kuncheno's 18-0 entry into the UFC I was wondering if that is the longest winning streak to enter the UFC.
But also I figure because I don't want a 1 reply thread giving the fact I'm going to open it up to other interpretations.
Sure, who has the most number of wins going in, is it Alexey.
But also who has the most impressive streak resume, perhaps bringing a streak carrying some high caliber opponents.
And finally there is the most impressive streak entering the UFC which includes non mma qualification like a winning streak in another martial art, or multiple martial arts.

I am interested in knowing the first answer, but I think the interesting responses will be in the other two.
Barao, and it is not even close.
he was 5 years unbeaten with a 25 fights win streak.
No one had that record, and only Fedor had a better win streak.

Back