Who else always turns on TNT's A Christmas Story marathon at some point every year?

I woke up this morning, turned on the TV, set it to TNT and have just been letting it loop. It's on the second run-through of A Christmas Story right now.

I think every year, either on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, I will turn the dial to TNT at some point to catch the marathon. I may not watch the movie all the way through--usually I just have it on in the background--but it's pretty much inevitable that I will turn it on at some point.

Anyone else with me on this?

achristmas-story-1983.jpg

I have been doing the same thing since last night. Watching parts of it. I use to watch it every year, but it has been at least 5 years since I really watched it.

So the crummy commercial worked on you?

Lol. Well, that and the fact that I love chocolate milk. Quik, Carnation instant breakfast, etc.

Really? Weird. I only remember it being a thing for the last handful of years.

I don't know why I Wikipedia'd it but it's been going since 1997.

I've had it on since I got home last night, even when I slept

Made a thread earlier talking about how the fact that theres no Christmas Vacation marathon proves that Story is the superior film but some bitch ass nazi mod deleted it
Yeah, you really put a lot of effort into that OP, can't imagine why any mod would've deleted it.

i do check in on it but yeah, i'm slowly losing my love for it. maybe i should skip a year.

Guilty

I'm old enough to have seen it in the movie theatre. The nostalgia keeps me coming back for more every year.

Guilty

I'm old enough to have seen it in the movie theatre. The nostalgia keeps me coming back for more every year.

I never did see it in the theater but I do remember the first time I ever saw it.

I was probably seven years old or so and I was visiting my mom. We rented it on VHS.

Not sure why I still remember that, because I don't remember actually watching the film, I only remember renting it.

Used to watch it every Christmas Eve with my dad when I was a kid. My dad is Chinese, he still loses it every time he sees the Chinese restaurant scene.

My dad is Chinese, he still loses it every time he sees the Chinese restaurant scene.

Loses is it as in he thinks it's funny as shit? Or loses it as in he thinks its offensive?

Because as I was watching it earlier it seems like the kind of scene the PC Police would lose their shit over today.

I woke up this morning, turned on the TV, set it to TNT and have just been letting it loop. It's on the second run-through of A Christmas Story right now.

I think every year, either on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, I will turn the dial to TNT at some point to catch the marathon. I may not watch the movie all the way through--usually I just have it on in the background--but it's pretty much inevitable that I will turn it on at some point.

Anyone else with me on this?

achristmas-story-1983.jpg

Anyone who is an american and not a total dbag watches it at least once a year.

Loses is it as in he thinks it's funny as shit? Or loses it as in he thinks its offensive?

Because as I was watching it earlier it seems like the kind of scene the PC Police would lose their shit over today.
Loses it as in laughs uncontrollably.

Back