Who do you think won the Jacobs GGG fight?

Who do you think won the Jacobs GGG fight?

• Total voters
you're probably right. i've just seen a bunch of posts from people saying golovkin deserved the victory because he knocked him down, which is kind of silly.

round four was concievably a three-point swing; a potential 10-9 jacobs round to a 10-8 golovkin round. you really need to gamble on boxing to understand what risks you take when betting on a guy that has questionable punch resistance and the chances of him even sustaining a flash kd, which is what arguably happened with jacobs

without the kd and if jacobs wins round 4 golovkin loses the fight.

Doesnt matter. Fight was within the margin of error. Meaning ANY close decision either way or a draw would of been excepted. Neither fighter really won oe lost.

i think golovkin won. the weight in cheat by jacobs wasnt fair.

Wasnt fair? Where were you when Floyd fought Oscar, Corrales, Canelo, Maidana who all came in 15 - 20lbs plus bigger than him. This is what great fighters do.

i think golovkin won. the weight in cheat by jacobs wasnt fair.
How is it cheating when it was 100% within the rules and a common tactical advantage often practiced in MMA & Boxing?

Somebody usually has a size advantage. Unless guys literally fight at the weigh ins thats how it will always be. The skill and sport are more important than trying to focus on exact size. Human bodies are just too different. Its close enough. The actual fight proved this too. Seemed like an even match.

Also GGG was not the weight in the ring he was at the morning weigh in. You dont think he ate,drank, or replenished the ENTIRE day before going into battle late late that night/morning? GGG was also technically weight classES bigger than 160lbs.

So now what? Complicate boxing even further by pushing a 2nd weigh in even more.
Allow another reason for great fights to fall through or never get made.

Fine if both teams agree in contract to it. If not its making a mountain out of a mole hill.

How is it cheating when it was 100% within the rules and a common tactical advantage often practiced in MMA & Boxing?
People are having a hard time accepting that a guy who hit the canvas against Sergio Mora arguably outclassed the best puncher in the sport right now. Thats what this is.

After rewatching the fight I scored it wider for GGG. A lot of the shots I thought Jacobs landed live were actually off the mark. I scored the first 3 round for GGG after watching the fight a second time.

Is it me or are fans of Easter European fighters extremely biased? I've always liked GGG, but I'm getting the vibe that he has some pretty psycho fans.

That being said I'm not a fan of fighters I'm a fan of fighting. I like to watch combat sports to see who the best is, not to shake my pom-poms over some dude with his shirt off. It was a close fight, but I just don't see how GGG got the nod. Maybe I should rewatch it.

Fans of both fighters seem to have spat their dummies out tbf. And you'll probably find there is just as much bias from US, British, Eastern European etc fans. It is natural to show some bias towards the fighter you want to win, or against the guy you desperately want to lose

Jacobs but I need to watch it again, there are far too many people who had a better view then me and, who's opinion I respect, who had ggg taking it for me to call it a robbery

People are having a hard time accepting that a guy who hit the canvas against Sergio Mora arguably outclassed the best puncher in the sport right now. Thats what this is.
Yeah thats for sure a lot of people. They need to feel right. Their complete guess of how they thought the fight should of played out didnt happen. So now they need a scape goat to feel right.
But i feel like some people actually are confusing this with missing weight. They also dont know that its part of the game.You cant expect guys to weigh the same in the ring and perform at their peak.
If guys fought after the weigh ins the fights would be a lot worse.

To a certain extent, you're right.

Personally, I have a problem with the rehydration clause in general. If you make weight you make weight, period. However, Jacobs knew Golovkin was going to be 170 or under because he wanted to keep the belt. From Jacobs perspective I get it, who cares about the belt? He is fighting the top dog. But it is a bit unethical in my eyes because he had an advantage going into the fight and exploited it. Doesn't really matter though because he lost. It was a smart move.

Very close fight to call, could have gone either way and for a bit there I thought that it would go to a draw. I believe one judge scored it a draw.

I'm yet to re watch it, but from my initial watch. I had Jacobs winning by a round or so.

I would like for them to run it back. It was a very competitive fight.

You cant expect guys to weigh the same in the ring and perform at their peak.
If guys fought after the weigh ins the fights would be a lot worse.

You mean, like all those shit fights like Hagler-Hearns, Hagler-Leonard, Hearns-Leonard I & II, Chiquita-Carbajal I/II/III?

Just think how much better those fights'd be if one of the participants had the chance to regain twenty pounds!

Except, of course, they wouldn't, because weight classes actually had some relation to the size a motherfucker was back then, rather than being an inconvenience that at best expresses what ludicrous % of your bodyweight you can shed & then reabsorb (without any drugs, needles or IV drips filled with pasta, M'Lud, honest Guv) in a short period of time.

BTW: Not moaning about the fight, really. But I find your assertion silly, at best.

You mean, like all those shit fights like Hagler-Hearns, Hagler-Leonard, Hearns-Leonard I & II, Chiquita-Carbajal I/II/III?

Just think how much better those fights'd be if one of the participants had the chance to regain twenty pounds!

Except, of course, they wouldn't, because weight classes actually had some relation to the size a motherfucker was back then, rather than being an inconvenience that at best expresses what ludicrous % of your bodyweight you can shed & then reabsorb (without any drugs, needles or IV drips filled with pasta, M'Lud, honest Guv) in a short period of time.

BTW: Not moaning about the fight, really. But I find your assertion silly, at best.
Can you please show the proof that those guys hoped on a scale right before they went under the rope?
What were their weights in the ring?
So they didnt rehydrate?
There have always been people who could cut more weight and rehydrate better since the beginning of making weight. Dudes are replenishing as soon as they step off the scale.

Both guys are middleweights. Too bad. Deal with it. Its silly because you didn't read or still dont understand .

Shocked with the amount of people who feel 2-3 weigh ins should be the norm. Ridiculous.

P.S. size is more than weight. Lets ignore the fact about the height differences in some of those fights. Hahahahaha

Right it was such a huge advantage....thats why the fight was razor thin and Danny got dropped.

Who are these drug cheating weight cutting monsters that have changed the sport???

How about we take a look back at the past few championship fights and see how many times the naturally bigger or bigger weight cutter dominated.

All this stuff is based on guessing somebody's weight from TV.

Last edited:
9 people said it was a draw. I'd like to see how they came up with that score in a 12 round fight with only one knockdown.

9 people said it was a draw. I'd like to see how they came up with that score in a 12 round fight with only one knockdown.

Because they scored a round 10-10. The first 2 rounds could have easily been 10-10s.

I forgot that Mora had good moments against Jacobs.

Back