Who do you think won the Jacobs GGG fight?

Who do you think won the Jacobs GGG fight?

• Total voters

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
I didn't see a poll on this so I thought I'd make one. I had it 115-112 Jacobs.

i thought jacobs won, but i'm not complaining, it was really close.

jacobs looked really good though.

I was thinking "there really ought to be a poll for this fight".

Thanks!

Golovkin 115-112 isn't so crazy of you have it 7-5 with a knockdown.

I think Golovkin won by unanimous decision.

The flash kd did it for me and probably for the judges as well. One of the reasons why i thought Kova should've won against Ward.

The flash kd did it for me and probably for the judges as well. One of the reasons why i thought Kova should've won against Ward.
that's not how it works, though. they don't judge fights as a whole and say "well, he did knock him down, he won this". judges score it round by round. when he dropped him, he got the 10-8. that's it.

and kovalev should've won the decision because he beat ward up.

i think golovkin won. the weight in cheat by jacobs wasnt fair.

i think golovkin won. the weight in cheat by jacobs wasnt fair.

Wow.

So all that has to happen for someone to be considered a "cheat" is for a couple HBO commentators invent some so-called controversy for no reason?

There was no cheating. Jacobs made weight. One random belt wanted a bunch of money from Jacobs and wanted him to get on the scale the day after the normal weigh-in. He didn't feel the need to buy a shot at that belt. That is it.

By the way David Lemiuex did the same exact thing just last week. He skipped the day of fight weigh in from that same organization and no one gave a fuck.

So maybe that belt should stop trying to impose a stupid rule that goes against everything we know about fighter safety in the first place.

Wow.

So all that has to happen for someone to be considered a "cheat" is for a couple HBO commentators invent some so-called controversy for no reason?

There was no cheating. Jacobs made weight. .

jacobs went in as an light heavyweight in a middleweight fight.
thats a strategic cheat to get an advantage with height and reach together with weight against a middleweight.

jacobs went in as an light heavyweight in a middleweight fight.
thats a strategic cheat to get an advantage with height and reach together with weight against a middleweight.

You are fake news.

The middleweight limit has been 161 pounds since the year 1884.

The super middleweight limit has been 168 since the year 1984.

GGG went into the ring at 170. Which is light heavyweight. So saying Jacobs CHEATED because he went into the ring in the same weight class as GGG is beyond stupid. They both went in as light heavyweights. Jacobs just did it a little better.

How on earth you can think GGG is a middleweight at 170 while Jacobs is lightheavy at 177 is beyond me.

You are fake news.

The middleweight limit has been 161 pounds since the year 1884.

The super middleweight limit has been 168 since the year 1984.

GGG went into the ring at 170. Which is light heavyweight. So saying Jacobs CHEATED because he went into the ring in the same weight class as GGG is beyond stupid. They both went in as light heavyweights. Jacobs just did it a little better.

How on earth you can think GGG is a middleweight at 170 while Jacobs is lightheavy at 177 is beyond me.

12,5 pounds more on jacobs.
jacobs went in with 182,5 pounds. than he went in as a heavyweight ? lol

I had it for Jacobs by a couple of rounds.

I think he won

I am bummed out

Was it a robbery? No

A rematch is needed

It was a hell of a fight! I was on my feet the whole fight with multiple beers in hand. Props to Jacobs and his team for a stellar showing inside and outside the ring. I'm a fan and follower of both fighters and wish them both stellar careers.

Back