Who do you think won Lyoto Machida VS Phil Davis?

I'm brazilian, biased, but Phil Davis won this, clearly.

What Lyoto did here? One combo and that's all. Phill was more aggressive, got takedowns and hit a lot of leg kicks.

Machida better change his boring-passive-counter-striker style if he wants another title shot.

What is this I don't even.

Scored it a draw personally.

Rnd 1: 10-10
Rnd 2: 10-9 Davis
Rnd 3: 10-9 Lyoto

expected Machida to get the close decision, but if i had to give someone the first round, it would be Davis.

A close fight isn't a robbery, i wish people would understand that.

If the only significant thing that happens in a round is a late takedown, who else can you give the round too? What did Machida do in the first two rounds to win them? Absolutely nothing. It wasn't like Davis got his ass beat those rounds and hit a desperation takedown. He was striking the air just like Lyoto did those first two. Not even close to a robbery.

Machida did nothing. Phil was landing kicks standing up as well, and the takedowns won the first two rounds, along with the knees to the body.

29-28 Davis, agreed with the judges. I think Davis won round 2 & 3.

You lose credibility with saying phil won round 3, he couldnt secure a takedown and got outstruck, lyoto won, not by a huge margin but he definitely beat davis. Scoring a take down at the second and doing nothing with it shouldnt mean anything

If Phil had any class he would have told everyone that he wasn't the real winner. Hope he gets smashed by Jones, although no on will watch the fight.

Machida won round 1 and 3. I'm surprised how well Phil fought, I didn't give him much of a chance but Machida undoubtedly won the fight.

1 TD and staying on top for 10 sec>>>>>>> 4 other min of the round

Judges Logic

I thought Davis won ever so slightly. He came forward, he touched machida as much a machida touched him and landed two takedowns in which he went for a submission and landed several strikes to machida on the ground. So machida stuffed a couple of takedowns, he also did get taken down and kneed several times in the chest.

The commentary was very biased. This could have swayed people. I had it 29-28 Machida. I gave rnds 1 and 3 to Machida. 2 to Davis. Rnd 1 was close though. Certainly not a robbery by any stretch.

Davis round 2

and nothing else.

Shitty decision

Takedowns score way too high...

WTF did he do to win the 3rd? Fail every td attempt?

The 3rd was most conclusive in my mind.

And Lyoto outclassed him striking in the 1st and had him badly rocked and on the run. He got a pissant takedown with seconds left.

Unbelievable.

Machida won. He just fail to do it by finishing, but all that phil could do in the fight was not being finished and secure some take downs. Its getting ridiculous the way takedowns are being used in ufc to set up robberies. The rules must be more exact to avoid that.

Back