Who do you guys think will be the 3 breakout stars of the UFC in 2018 ?

My 3 breakout fighters would exclude anyone that could headline a card already or have a title fight immediately so I wouldn't include Ngannou, Rose, etc.

Darren Till
Brian Ortega
and as an out there one, Hakeem Dawodu could be a sleeper hit.

Do not understand this hype for covington apart from his shit talk. Watching him fight his striking looks incredibly sloppy. Good wrestling but i don't think he's anywhere near causing woodley trouble. He just seemed to be a poor matchup for maia. Maia had barely thrown a strike in like 3 fights and colbys wrestling made the takedown not possible

People are literally mentioning champions and #1 contenders as breakout candidates?

{<huh}

Oh man, had me laughing out loud at the office.
You're not going to be laughing when he runs through your favorite welterweights one day. He's a young lion now but just wait until he goes from prospect to contender.
It'll be like a tidal wave. All I can say is, hang on!

ortega, bobby knucklez, ngannou.

If you had to choose 3 guys who you could see making a big impact in the UFC in 2018 what 3 would you pick ?

Here's mine -

Francis N'gannou

DQcgv_qWkAEfEYM.jpg

Colby Covington

GettyImages-696883736-642x362.jpg

Kevin Lee

Kevin-Lee-UFC-211-backstage.jpg
In order
1. Francis Ngannou
2. Darren Till
3. Paul Felder

Depending on if they win, Saturdays card has two potential break out stars in Marlon Moraes and Brian Ortega. Overall I would say Kevin Lee, Mike Perry(should he also get past Ponzi), Francis N'Gannou, Brian Ortega, Volkan Oezedmir and Marlon Moraes.

But if it had to be 3, I would go with

Lee
N'Gannou
Ortega,

Platinum Mike
Dark Platinum
And the Irish Platinum Dragon

I wouldn't call them stars yet. If N'gannou wins the title and KO's Stipe then we are on a different level altogether. Same for Colby if he deals with Tyron.

"Breakout" implies to me they had a moment which took their popularity to the next level which all 3 did this year.

Lee headlined 2 events including a ppv and had a press conference brawl

Ngannou is the most talked about fighter in the UFC not named Conor right now

And Colby just laid a whooping on a perennial title contender and then cut the promo of the year

I believe all 3 broke out this year.

Francis Ngannou
Tyson Pedro
Arjan Singh Bhullar

Ngannou, Till, O'Maley, Platinum, and hopefully a 145 version of Lando

Can people just think for themselves and not make Covington a star? Why do idiot mainstream gomers always have to make celebrities out of people everyone thinks is a douche?

"Oh! I've heard that name before! That must mean he's a star!" No thought into it.

Back