Who do you consider a better striker: Conor or Overeem?

Overeem is the full package when it comes to striking.

Conor is a left hand.

Both good strikers no doubt. My vote goes to conor. The guy can hang with floyd in there and probably even be competitive. I don't see overeem hanging in there with Deontay Wilder or the likes in a boxing fight.

Really....you see him hanging with floyd based on what????

?????

Overeem at least fought in K1....conor could barely hang in there with Nate, just looks good against guys who have little to none boxing or stand up chops.

This one is very fucking easy. Compare their opponents striking abilities. Conor rarely ever faces anyone with superb striking......nate was the best striker hes faced and look what happened there.

Overeem by a country mile.

So you think Conor, with no pro boxing experience, can hang with one of the best boxers of all time , but Overeem, who is a kickboxing champion cant hang with a wild brawler like Wilder? Got it.

Overeem gets KOed by everybody. Don't even know how this is a question. Solid all-around guy, but very overrated.

You mean K-1 champion Reem or amateur boxer Conor?
upload_2017-3-20_19-0-49.jpeg
Skeptical Snake is Skeptical

So many outdated boxing fanboys on Sherdog these days... sigh...

At this point I'm going to go ahead and say "boxing is not real fighting." MMA isn't totally a real fight either since it has rules and stuff, but it's at least 4 times closer to one than boxing. Kickboxing is already 2 times closer to a real fight than one-dimensional punching.

I'm more a mma fan just not stupid enough to expect a boxer to be good at anything but boxing. there tends to be alot of ppl dumb enough to think that a mma fighter would be good at boxing though.

also no combat sport is real fighting and its none of them are even close to what a real fight is either.

Overeem has more weapons, he's more experienced and he's not fighting midgets :) Yeah his chin is suspect, but let's not forget he's fighting HWs.

Overeem is the better striker, deal with it fangirls and casuals

In boxing or kickboxing rules? Overeem likely destroys Wilder in kickboxing.

That said Conor is probably the better MMA striker P4P since he doesn't keep getting KOed by random top 10 guys, Overeem is obviously much better "empirically" ie. not P4P.
Shorter career and fights manlets yet you can't piece together why he may not get ko'd as often?

So in terms of striking (punches, knees, kicks, and etc...) think Ovreeem is a much more skilled and experienced striker, by a lng shot

Both good strikers no doubt. My vote goes to conor. The guy can hang with floyd in there and probably even be competitive. I don't see overeem hanging in there with Deontay Wilder or the likes in a boxing fight.
<{clintugh}><{katwhu}><{vega}>

You need to have your head examined.. Seek the help you sorely need..

So you think Conor, with no pro boxing experience, can hang with one of the best boxers of all time , but Overeem, who is a kickboxing champion cant hang with a wild brawler like Wilder? Got it.
I did a bit of strength training with wilder in la and I would take overeem over wilder .. wilder doesn't have any real power and is very thin . Then again overeem has no chin ... coin toss I guess lol Conor however has pretty good boxing and power in those hands though . Conor > overeem id say

Is this a joke? If you say mctap you should give up on combat sports and start watching fucking jersey shore.

Overeem is a FAR more experienced, technical & dangerous striker with far more tools and it's not even close

Conor has horrid defense and gets hit all the fucking time, he just has a good chin so nobody cares.

An A-level athlete like Ronnie would be the HW champ with six months of training.

This is the worst i have ever seen the sherdog forums.

Sad mma times, even sadder people

Conor has better hands and manages distance better.

Reem is more versatile but I don't think that makes him better.

Overeem is the better striker/fighter hands down.

His chin let's him down, but skill wise he is better in all areas

Lol at connor would be competitive against mayweather

Buy id stil pick connor

cmon man, overeem is +250 at heavyweight fighting really big boys where all it takes is one jab to end a fight..

Not to mention he's been fighting forever and has faced many of the hardest hitters in the game in the heaviest two weightclasses. That doesn't even include his kickboxing career. Dude's got some milage on that chin.

Not to mention he's been fighting forever and has faced many of the hardest hitters in the game in the heaviest two weightclasses. That doesn't even include his kickboxing career. Dude's got some milage on that chin.
hah! that was my second post in this thread. :)

His fight iq is hit and miss sometimes but keep in mind he has been fighting since the late 90s and he has been very active in K1 too... And he made k1 ban knees in the Muay Thai plum clinch...

Alistar Overeem and it's not even close.

Don't let Conor's movement and KO power fool you. He's not as elite as most think.

Back