Who created punk? Was it the Ramones? The Sex Pistols?

The Up - the "other", third band living in the same commune as MC5 and Iggy/The Stooges. :

The Up - the "other", third band living in the same commune as MC5 and Iggy/The Stooges. :

Nice. Have you heard Sonic's Rendevous Band?
Fred "Sonic" Smith from the MC5
Scott Asheton from The Stooges
Gary Rasmussen from The UP
Scott Morgan from the Rationals

Nice. Have you heard Sonic's Rendevous Band?
Fred "Sonic" Smith from the MC5
Scott Asheton from The Stooges
Gary Rasmussen from The UP
Scott Morgan from the Rationals

Yeah, I have. My dad was the drummer for the Up. :) I've heard all of the stories from the late 60's Ann Arbor punk movement. He said when the record execs showed up at their concerts, they wanted to sign the Up along with MC5 and Stooges, but they wanted to replace the singer (Frank Bach i think?), and since he was the one who founded the band, he refused to leave, and the band ended.

Yeah, I have. My dad was the drummer for the Up. :) I've heard all of the stories from the late 60's Ann Arbor punk movement. He said when the record execs showed up at their concerts, they wanted to sign the Up along with MC5 and Stooges, but they wanted to replace the singer (Frank Bach i think?), and since he was the one who founded the band, he refused to leave, and the band ended.

Oh man! Thats really cool. I bet he has a lot of good stories. Tell him thank you for all the great music.:)

Who created punk?

3 words

NEW

FOUND

GLORY
source4_JohnShearer.jpg

Back