Who can Tony Ferguson realistically beat at this point of his career at LW?

I surely hope he retires. But then again he said he was tired of losing, and Dana probably gives zero fucks about him so a future fight is still possible.

Who does he realistically beat at LW?
Paddy Pimblet if he actually does a training camp that involves sparring and technical training. Instead he decided to "carry the boats". The dude doesn't appear to have done a live round in years of actual sparring either standing or on the ground.

Although, we have seen shot fighters that were supposedly on gear and they looked like dirt. I think Tony is so far gone that even a regimen of super roids, growth hormones, etc. wouldn't help at all. In fact, he might look worse as putting a Ferrari engine in a shot Geo Metro would make the car fall apart.
true that 100%. i'm just thinking, as a hail mary, this might be an option that can have some sort of positive outcome. But I agree, he does look far too gone. sad.

It's time for Tony vs Clay Guida. Veteran vs Veteran. Tomato can vs Tomato Can. (but) Big name vs Big name (as far as UFC fans go)
Guida is a wrestler and Tony's wrestling sucks now

Please give him Jim Miller
Is Jim Miller any worse of a fighter than Paddy? Miller is 4-1, known for his grappling, and Tony's grappling sucks now.

He shouldn't be fighting anyone UFC caliber. Retirement is the correct option.

I don't feel like he really dropped in faced competition until maybe Bobby Green. I think if you're an aging fighter on a losing streak you sort of get a target painted on you

There's no doubt that Tony is showing up and wants to win he's just missing so many tools. He can't win fights off his back for starter. I can't hate on Paddy too much. He has a big brand and obviously him and the powers that be have bigger plans

Tony is just in such a weird place. Obviously he hasn't had any plans outside of fighting. And even though he lost and looked bad he didn't necessarily get destroyed by Paddy or anything

UFC may not be interested in booking him or Wonderboy against winnable fights. Essentially rewinding their competition course. Wonderboy can still win standup fights against handcrafted opponents like FKL but Tony doesn't quite have those opportunities. And there's nothing more than he wants to win but even that probably can't recourse his career

I'd have to lose a ton of weight to make it happen, but me, defiinitely.

R we talking about current no coach or set team Tony..

Or humble Tony with a fully set up camp with real coaches and teammates?

Because these are vastly different people

Not saying he would beat him, but Jim Miller could be a fair fight for him at this point.

To people suggesting Guida.
You really want to see another man on top of Tony for 15 minutes AGAIN?

Paddy Pimblet if he actually does a training camp that involves sparring and technical training. Instead he decided to "carry the boats". The dude doesn't appear to have done a live round in years of actual sparring either standing or on the ground.

This is not realistic. Tony spent a week with Goggins - granted its largely wasted time, but its not why Tony is failing.

He visibly recoils from getting hit. The reaction he has to taking even glancing shots is big, overstated wincing in pain. Tony looks like he's moving in slow motion to boot and has poor athleticism, timing and durability.

Tony got old.

For his part, Paddy, who is an MMA adapted submission grappler, obliged him in a straight up kickboxing match. Paddy absolutely sucks at kickboxing, but he did it with nearly complete impunity because Tony is that washed. He was battering him with almost no fuss.

You can have Jesus Christ train Tony for a rematch, Paddy still mollywhops him in any version of the fight.

well he just got cut so u got what u wanted. Does he take fights in the bingo hall leagues or retire? i dont picture PFL giving him offers cause that shows weakness during their current crucial moments

Tony is completely washed. I don't see him taking anyone at this point outside maybe another old washed fighter outside the UFC.

The most concerning thing about Tony is that ALL of his skills are declining. His BJJ was always thought to be solid, but he's been getting positionally dominated on the ground and hasn't threatened with a serious sub in a while. His striking has regressed into spamming repetitive entries and low percentage attacks while leaving himself open for damaging shots. He is getting worse at cutting off the octagon with angles while pressuring. All of this happening is compounded by his physical decline.

I hope he hangs it up and the UFC finds a way to keep him in a position in house. Would love to have someone like Ferguson doing fighter interviews and helping cut promo videos.
Last time he gave a fighter interview, he trash talked and triggered Kevin Lee lol notice how he's never done it since?

This is not realistic. Tony spent a week with Goggins - granted its largely wasted time, but its not why Tony is failing.

He visibly recoils from getting hit. The reaction he has to taking even glancing shots is big, overstated wincing in pain. Tony looks like he's moving in slow motion to boot and has poor athleticism, timing and durability.

Tony got old.

For his part, Paddy, who is an MMA adapted submission grappler, obliged him in a straight up kickboxing match. Paddy absolutely sucks at kickboxing, but he did it with nearly complete impunity because Tony is that washed. He was battering him with almost no fuss.

You can have Jesus Christ train Tony for a rematch, Paddy still mollywhops him in any version of the fight.
Re read my post. I said he hasn't done a live round in years. He chose to do hell week as his training camp.
That's been how he has trained since he cut weight 2x for Gaethje. Question, have you ever seen Tony sparring with another training partner?

Back