Media Who are the top 5 best MW fighters of all time?

Everyone is putting Moose in their lists and Bisping is 200x more deserving than that can crusher.

Their opponents definitely didnt feel that. Particularly their common opponents.
UFC protection helps though, also to make up the mind of sherbros

that can crusher.

While Mousasi was indeed crushing common opponents of Bisping as Leites or old Hendo. Bisping was barely squeeing controversial split decisions against them :eek::eek:

Why do so many have Mousasi in their top 5? He was absolutely dominated by Jacare, and most of his big name wins were past their prime (Hendo, Belfort, Machida, Weidman, Rory) , or before it (Lombard, fluke Jacare KO)......

When discussing who is the best fighter out of a significant list, many people do not take into account their entire record. It is clear that fighters will experience losses out of their prime, which does not accurately reflect how great they were during their peak. While losses do hold some weight, a fighter's win streak during their prime, their accomplishments, and the quality of opponents they faced are much more significant. This is particularly true if losses occurred before they reached their peak or after their prime years.

100% we must celebrate Andersons hands down chin out approach which gave him the highlight reel finishes (vs average strikers) and made him no 1 in many peoples eyes.

When he finally did fight someone half good (weidman) and this approach failed... that was when he was out of his prime.

And multiple drug tests failed... must forget that.

Hes always no 1 despite perriera or whitakker being better anyone he than he ever beat

100% we must celebrate Andersons hands down chin out approach which gave him the highlight reel finishes (vs average strikers) and made him no 1 in many peoples eyes.

When he finally did fight someone half good (weidman) and this approach failed... that was when he was out of his prime.

And multiple drug tests failed... must forget that.

Hes always no 1 despite perriera or whitakker being better anyone he than he ever beat

Dude, at 43 and badly washed up took Israel to a competitive dec in which barely took significant damage.
If you dont grasp it is your issue. His peers do, and not even Israel himself questions his status

Elaborate

I think I pretty much have already.. what else is there to say ? My initial post told it all

Dan Henderson was the actual first simultaneous Double Champ in the UFC .. in UFC's history he is the first .. not McGregor or BJ etc ..

true story

I think I pretty much have already.. what else is there to say ? My initial post told it all

Dan Henderson was the actual first simultaneous Double Champ in the UFC .. in UFC's history he is the first .. not McGregor or BJ etc ..

true story
He did have them simultaneously in PRIDE,but they werent counted as UFC belts. BJ never had any belts simultaneously. Conor actually did,but never defended them. At least Dan attempted to defend both his PRIDE belts but he lost them,and they were absorbed into the UFC ones.

Silva
Mousasi
Rockhold
Weidman
Romero

He did have them simultaneously in PRIDE,but they werent counted as UFC belts. BJ never had any belts simultaneously. Conor actually did,but never defended them. At least Dan attempted to defend both his PRIDE belts but he lost them,and they were absorbed into the UFC ones.

Read my lips carefully

Dan Henderson was the first simultaneous Double Champ IN THE UFC

He was already that IN PRIDE

THEY WERENT UFC BELTS

look .. you can scramble up everything you want

fact still remains he was the FIRST simultaneous double Champ in the UFC

you can rearrange that however you like but you will not change that fact about him

He was the very first to hold two simultaneous belts IN THE UFC

First Double UFC Champion.. First double champion in UFC... i dont know how many other ways to say it

Last edited:
Now that ufc mw division has been around for more than 20 years, how would you rank the top 5 MWs of all time?
In my opinion:
1.Anderson Silva
2.Chris Weidman
3.Gegard Mousasi
4.Adesanya
5.Yoel Romero
How is Moose above Izzy? I like the guy, but he lost to Lyoto and Souza in his prime.

Now that ufc mw division has been around for more than 20 years, how would you rank the top 5 MWs of all time?
In my opinion:
1.Anderson Silva
2.Chris Weidman
3.Gegard Mousasi
4.Adesanya
5.Yoel Romero
How is Romero top 5 in your opinion?

1. Anderson
2. Machida (because of his 205)
3. Gegard (205 stuff)
4. Adasanya (ranked #1)
5. Du Plesis
putting Machida ahead of Izzy at MIDDLEWEIHT just because of stuff he did at 205 is uh...interesting to say the least

Anderson
Izzy
Weidman
Mousasi
Whittaker

Not putting Izzy in your top 5 is not even veiled hatred

Khamzat

android if you allow cheats
Izzy
Hendo also if you are fine with trt
Frank shamrock if we are counting all fighters who were MW at a time

1 Anderson