Who’s buying EA UFC 5?

MigitAs

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Ashamed to admit I have over 4000 hours logged on EA UFC 4, it’s the only online game I play and I was just smoking weed and playing that every night for years lol.

this new one looks decent but I know it’ll suck until they patch it like 4 times. I think EA UFC 2 was the best I miss the arcade feel to the fighting style. Also we need Pride mode.

I haven’t preordered it, and I laughed my ass off last night when they prompted me to preorder the deluxe edition when I fired up EA 4 last night. I will buy it though, and hope to see some of you in the virtual octagon so I can ktfo you.

No thanks.
MMA games have been getting progressively worse over the years. They are suffering the annual EA sports game death by updated graphics and not gameplay, bad roster updates, and the focus on online micro transactions.
Plus if I wanted my fighting games focused on spinning kicks and crazy techniques I’ll play MK/Streetfighter

Ashamed to admit I have over 4000 hours logged on EA UFC 4, it’s the only online game I play and I was just smoking weed and playing that every night for years lol.

this new one looks decent but I know it’ll suck until they patch it like 4 times. I think EA UFC 2 was the best I miss the arcade feel to the fighting style. Also we need Pride mode.

I haven’t preordered it, and I laughed my ass off last night when they prompted me to preorder the deluxe edition when I fired up EA 4 last night. I will buy it though, and hope to see some of you in the virtual octagon so I can ktfo you.

Since it's EA, I expect the improvement over UFC 4 is now you have to pay a subscription to unlock moves like head kicks and hooks. The off the shelf version only contains basic moves like jab and body kicks. Plus you have to pay to unlock characters. The default character is some Mighty Mouse looking welterweight

When they make the ground strikes have more impact than an infant dwarf, I'll consider it.

UFC Undisputed 3 (on simulation mode) is still the best.

<PlusJuan>

12 years later it still can't be beat. Each fighter had a special skill set, and the way they move is as unique as their real life counterpart. The fighters actually felt they had weight whereas EA feels like the fighters are sliding

Why would anyone do that when this gem just dropped?

Damn do you need a ps3 to play this?

I'll probably buy EA UFC 5, I'm in the same boat, only game I play consistently online even though I know it's shit lol just a good time killer

Buying any EA game in 2023 is a madness

Nah, 3 wasn't better than 2 and then 4 was no real improvement and fortnite emotes and lion heads and shit so I skipped that one.

5 just looks like a low effort development as well. Stamina doesn't matter, the whole thing looks robotic, etc. Ground and pound still looks weak.

These had elbow GNP in 1, 2 and I think 3 as well. For some weird reason they removed them from 4. Then when they were talking about new features for 5 they were literally saying GNP elbows is new lol.

it's clear the devs are just trying to make an arcade game and don't watch MMA at all. Their game design doesn't even try to reflect the possible dynamics of an mma fight.

I actually really liked UFC 3 and thought “if they can improve on a few things, UFC 4 will be the best MMA game yet”

then I tried UFC 4 which seemed to regress in every way and I havnt touched it since.

summarize: If 5 is more like 3 then 4 I’d consider picking it up but if it’s more watered down garbage like 4, that’s a no for me dawg.

Damn do you need a ps3 to play this?

I'll probably buy EA UFC 5, I'm in the same boat, only game I play consistently online even though I know it's shit lol just a good time killer
Modded PS3 or RPCS3. I've been playing it on my ROG Ally the past month, great fun

Probably but I bought UFC 4 and it's so garbage and went back to UFC 3 years ago.

Back