Who winz fam

• Khamzat

Votes: 90 30.7%
  • Whittaker

Votes: 130 44.4%
  • Won't happen

Votes: 73 24.9%

• Total voters
Hopefully Rob's TDD is as sharp as ever and not how it looked against DDP. The grappling defense he showed against Jacare and Romero is what makes this fight interesting.

Meanwhile, Dana is going to pretend that UFC 301 doesn't exist <lmao>

Seems like a terrible matchup for Khamzat. After seeing him arguably lose (or draw) against an over-the-hill WW coming off the couch, where was gassed by the 3rd round, I tend to think Whittaker is a good bet in a 5-round fight.

I have Whittaker by late stoppage or cruising to a clear decision.
In what world did Khamzat "arguably lose" to Usman? There is no possible way to give Usman that fight; I agree a draw is reasonable though (10-8, 9-10, 9-10).

Not to mention, Usman probably isn't "over the hill" either. He dominated Leon before getting KO'd, then lost to Leon (arguably a draw) and Khamzat (arguably a draw). I say this as someone who is not a fan of Usman either, but he's still a top fighter albeit not in the P4P discussion anymore.

Awesome fight. I'm afraid for Robert but if he can survive R1, he's going to make Khamzat look silly. That round 1 is a motherfucker though.

I'll never be rooting harder for Whittaker than for this one.

Very difficult fight to predict , if it goes long I think Rob stops him

Right so Rob has now lost via KO to both the current and former champions. In 3 title fights he's had 3 losses.

Can we agree this supports the best Rob is behind us?

Are you arguing that this wasn't a hot topic on here? Use the search feature if you want to demonstrate this was widely discussed as a close decision.

OK. Instead of fine combing the details, do we agree with my verbatim statement: "Rob is still a high quality fighter, but this fight with Khamzat won't be the start of his decline, win or lose. The best Rob is years behind us."

you helped me out making a decision thanks

I think khamzat gets another early sub win. first or second round RNC.

I like this matchup. It's a solid test for Chimaev, and now we can really see what he's made of in a 5-rounder against one of the UFC's best middleweights ever.

I kinda wished they booked Chimaev vs Costa and Strickland vs Whittaker, but that would've left Jared Cannonier hanging, and he totally deserves to be in the mix for a shot at the title.

Now that Whittaker vs Chimaev is a go and Costa vs Cannonier seems to be in the pipeline, I think Strickland facing Usman for a second time at 185lbs would be epic.

Back