Who winz fam

• Khamzat

Votes: 90 30.7%
  • Whittaker

Votes: 130 44.4%
  • Won't happen

Votes: 73 24.9%

• Total voters
Now that we have the June 22nd main event, can we get the May 11th(St Louis) main event? June 1st(302) could use some announcements as well.

You probably don't want to know what they are gonna be "stacking" St Louis with

<6>

@Question to expand upon that. I have always wanted to see Izzy against a real grappling wiz.

Especially because Brunson was too scared to have his best performance, and Yoel just is Yoel. Lol

And Izzy is 34 now, which is still within realistic physical prime territory for a MW, and hasn't taken a lot of damage, and he has had a lot of grappling training/experience right now. Obvioulsy the most he has ever had. So he is probably at the best moment in his career to try and withstand what a grappler would bring. Also, the built up will be more fun I'd imagine. Also, I would respect the hell out of Izzy if he would take that fight. Dude is a real martial artist and he has seemed sincere before about wanting to fight Khamzat. So either way, I hope it happens eventually.
I wanted that too, but I do like how this is the more interesting challenge for Khamzat and honestly Whittaker too.
Whittaker hasn't really faced someone with Khamzat wrestling and while he's known for his great TDD, I do wonder how it holds up against a guy who chain wrestles like this.

For Izzy/Khamzat, I always thought that Khamzat could get an early sub here as one of the likely outcomes. Mainly due to how often Izzy gives up his back.
But I think if Izzy survived an early onslaught then he could pick him apart in the later rounds.

I also feel the same with Whittaker's approach except I don't think he'll get subbed early or it'll be a lot more difficult to get that done, however I will say I think Khamzat will be a lot more successful here in the striking exchanges if he manages to establish a takedown threat early.
I think it'll be more action as well compared to Izzy/Khamzat, but I really can't be upset at this matchup because it's one of the best we've seen in a while.

I'm ready for ''Whittaker is not good anymore'' excuse after he loses

Rob is on a 2-2 run and got murder KO'd by Dricus and out classed by Izzy.

He got a razor thin decision over Costa, who hadn't fought in two years. That was his last fight.

Rob is still a high quality fighter, but this fight with Khamzat won't be the start of his decline, win or lose. The best Rob is years behind us.

Rob is on a 2-2 run and got murder KO'd by Dricus and out classed by Izzy.

He got a razor thin decision over Costa, who hadn't fought in two years. That was his last fight.

Rob is still a high quality fighter, but this fight with Khamzat won't be the start of his decline, win or lose. The best Rob is years behind us.

lol

DDP is the current champ, has never lost in the UFC

Razor thin decision over Costa? was that because of commentary or something? Because Rob outpointed Costa with ease except having that spin kikc landing on him with 3 seconds left in the 1st. The only reason people think Costa did bettre is because Rob's face marks up easily.

Out classed by Izzy? The first fight sure. The second fight? That was a close fucking decision.

lol

DDP is the current champ, has never lost in the UFC

Right so Rob has now lost via KO to both the current and former champions. In 3 title fights he's had 3 losses.

Can we agree this supports the best Rob is behind us?

Razor thin decision over Costa? was that because of commentary or something? Because Rob outpointed Costa with ease except having that spin kikc landing on him with 3 seconds left in the 1st. The only reason people think Costa did bettre is because Rob's face marks up easily.

Are you arguing that this wasn't a hot topic on here? Use the search feature if you want to demonstrate this was widely discussed as a close decision.

Out classed by Izzy? The first fight sure. The second fight? That was a close fucking decision.

OK. Instead of fine combing the details, do we agree with my verbatim statement: "Rob is still a high quality fighter, but this fight with Khamzat won't be the start of his decline, win or lose. The best Rob is years behind us."

So Chimaev still can't get a VISA for the States and can only work one fight per year in Saudi Arabia?

Love this fight! Rooting for Rob but just hope both guys stay healthy long enough to make it to fight night, given their histories.

Honestly I think this is the more interesting matchup stylistically
Yeah, I see Strickland-Whittaker being a pretty close UD, 95% a tactical striking battle (probably Strickland winning) that resembles some combination of Strickland's fights with Izzy, Canonier and DDP.

Khamzat-Whittaker is more unpredictable and likely to have surprises...though it could look a bit like Khamzat-Usman (near finish by Khamzat early with Whittaker doing better as fight progresses) or Whittaker-DDP where Khamzat get the finish.

I thought Volkov - Almeida was already announced?

I’m assuming Almeida couldn’t get cleared so quickly after a brutal knockout loss.
I was wondering the same thing about volkov vs almeida but dude volkov vs Pavlovich is sickkkk two Russian HW tanks.

Back