"White Civil Rights Rally" ("Unite the Right" 2) Approved for August in DC

I always wonder about the progression that leads people to join these white supremacist movements. There's no data that supports them being in any sort of trouble economically or in terms of political power or representation or anything. So, it's entirely about 2 things - fear of usurpation or a desire to reassert some kind of social order with themselves at the top.

The amount of time that must be spent complaining about "what ifs" has to be massive.

I think its a hierarchical thing.

Murka used to be a very caste stratified country with whites at the top who had the highest status. Now its not the case with abolition of slavery and segregation and so many immigrants coming into the country, especially educated ones. These guys feel threatened by this because they are no longer affa males simply for being white.

I always wonder about the progression that leads people to join these white supremacist movements. There's no data that supports them being in any sort of trouble economically or in terms of political power or representation or anything. So, it's entirely about 2 things - fear of usurpation or a desire to reassert some kind of social order with themselves at the top.

The amount of time that must be spent complaining about "what ifs" has to be massive.
It's not like they make up a significant portion of the population. They'd go away if people stopped paying attention to them.

I'm gonna take the metro down and throw bottles and rocks at them. Am I doing it right?

Why are people even proud of their skin color anyways? Being proud of a genetic RNG? Something you have no control of? Pride should be for accomplishments, not stupid shit like genetic anomalies.

i agree actually. its an odd thing to be "proud" of. shit, in many cases people of the same skin color are not that genetically similar even.

i suppose skin color is often tied in with most ethnicities.

Do they know that DC is roughly 50% black?

They have a right under the 1st.

Leave the dozen or so that show up alone and they will get tired and go home.

Or if you must protest against them. That is what they want instead of no one paying attention to them.

But no that's not going to happen the anti will show up looking to attack them and give them more attention and because we support the 1st we will have to defend their right to demonstrate.

If you want an effective protest against them hold a rally near by and tell jokes about them and laugh them into nothing.

The Atlantic featured an excellent article on the general ineffectiveness of protests a few years ago. The writer argues that the problem is that, while it is very easy to get people to join a protest, there are not a lot of people who are willing to sit at the table and hammer out the paperwork necessary to ensure change. In short, people want to get out for a good time, but they do not want to put in the serious work.

Why Street Protests Don't Work
How can so many demonstrations accomplish so little?

In today’s world, an appeal to protest via Twitter, Facebook, or text message is sure to attract a crowd, especially if it is to demonstrate against something—anything, really—that outrages us. The problem is what happens after the march. Sometimes it ends in violent confrontation with the police, and more often than not it simply fizzles out. Behind massive street demonstrations there is rarely a well-oiled and more-permanent organization capable of following up on protesters’ demands and undertaking the complex, face-to-face, and dull political work that produces real change in government.

Technology Policy at Princeton University, who writes that “Before the Internet, the tedious work of organizing that was required to circumvent censorship or to organize a protest also helped build infrastructure for decision making and strategies for sustaining momentum. Now movements can rush past that step, often to their own detriment.”

What we’ve witnessed in recent years is the popularization of street marches without a plan for what happens next and how to keep protesters engaged and integrated in the political process. It’s just the latest manifestation of the dangerous illusion that it is possible to have democracy without political parties—and that street protests based more on social media than sustained political organizing is the way to change society.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/04/why-street-protests-dont-work/360264/
Yeah that's been my suspicion for some time. Before you had to meticulously organize people through various meetings and institutions and whatnot. By the time they were marching they were committed to and organized within the cause and able to take follow up action of consequence. But now its too easy to get people on the street so that when the march is done there's little guarantee of follow up because the marchers were not organized thoroughly before hand.

This is why I was so cynical of the Women's March. "Oh look how many people are marching, isn't it such a powerful display?!" But what did it achieve? What was it even for? No one really knows, not even the people marching.

Do they know that DC is roughly 50% black?

Lol they are gonna find out real quick. I support their constitutional right to march and generally be pricks free from violence. But I'd love to have a high view someone and watch the drama.

"The National Park Service has approved an initial request for organizers to hold a second "Unite the Right" rally, this time across from the White House in August — one year after white supremacists gathered in Charlottesville, Va."

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/21/622144455/white-civil-rights-rally-approved-for-d-c-in-august

This time Dear Leader himself will have a view of the "great people on both sides" from his very own balcony.

tenor.gif

So, who's planning on attending the totally coincidentally timed the WR reunion in DC the next day?

Someone should scout out DC wireless hot spots so that all the Sherfronters can give us real-time updates.

Charlottesville declined organizer Jason Kessler's request to return to the city.

I wonder why.

Blacks can have pride
Asians can have pride
Gays can have pride
Whites can have....

Nope.

Yeah that's been my suspicion for some time. Before you had to meticulously organize people through various meetings and institutions and whatnot. By the time they were marching they were committed to and organized within the cause and able to take follow up action of consequence. But now its too easy to get people on the street so that when the march is done there's little guarantee of follow up because the marchers were not organized thoroughly before hand.

This is why I was so cynical of the Women's March. "Oh look how many people are marching, isn't it such a powerful display?!" But what did it achieve? What was it even for? No one really knows, not even the people marching.

The women's march was responsible for vast amounts of garbage and signs left in the streets for other people to pick up.

womens-march-to-use.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

<34>

The dumb fucks going to these rallies aren't the ones you need to worry about. It's the millions of others who are getting tired of people not being able to just shut the fuck up about stupid shit all the goddamn time. I mean Jesus Christ.

The dumb fucks going to these rallies aren't the ones you need to worry about. It's the millions of others who are getting tired of people not being able to just shut the fuck up about stupid shit all the goddamn time. I mean Jesus Christ.
d83.gif

Should result in some hilarious threads; and hopefully a bunch of fights with antifa.

We all will be entertained

Dafuq is that supposed to mean? I'm supposed to believe some random YT video and feel sorry for Fields now?

Why don't you just leave the WR again, nothing of value was really lost the first time.

Back