Which MMA Referees Do You Trust?

Which MMA refs do you trust?

• Total voters
Can't believe Percival 'The Unmerciful' didn't make the list.

Shimada.jpg

Should've been a Leon Roberts option

Anybody but Herb Dean.

Herb Dean has fucked over so many fighters and clearly bet money on Weidman or he loves Weidman.

Steve Mazzagatti is underated.....Brock fans hate em for doing his job...Dana is a damn idiot for saying he sucks.

Is Steve Mazzagatti retired?wish we saw him in the UFC.

Mike Beltran handed out a DQ for timidity at RFA 15. Guy knows the rulebook and has shown he isn't afraid of doing his job.

But more importantly, how can anyone deny that moustache?
He's also stood guys up in ridiculous spots and called for action when there was legitimate action going on. I can't recall the fight but in one instance, I recall a fighter on top landing a very significant punch every 7 seconds or so and he was repeatedly warning for action. The fighter on bottom was getting hurt by those strikes.

I appreciate his willingness to encourage action when necessary, but he doesn't limit himself to that. An overintrusive ref is always a bad thing IMO, even if it can be appreciated in rare instances.

He's also stood guys up in ridiculous spots and called for action when there was legitimate action going on. I can't recall the fight but in one instance, I recall a fighter on top landing a very significant punch every 7 seconds or so and he was repeatedly warning for action. The fighter on bottom was getting hurt by those strikes.

I appreciate his willingness to encourage action when necessary, but he doesn't limit himself to that. An overintrusive ref is always a bad thing IMO, even if it can be appreciated in rare instances.

Fair call. Haven't seen that one, so I'll have to take your word for it, but let us know if you recall the fight in question.

It's not so much the "pushing the action", it's not being intimidated or influenced by the high pressures of the job that I appreciate most.

RoanMunoz.0.0.png
Jerin Valel.

Always keeps a close eye on fighters.

And Eduardo Herdy.

dober.png

I voted for the same people everyone else did. That included Josh Rosenthal, I would like to put an asterisk on that. I trust Rosenthal to ref fights, I may even trust him to make a quality product... that being said, since the product is crystal meth I don't know if I can say I totally trust him.

i agree that this guy should be up there with goddard
Leon.jpg

Did Mazz retire yet?

The UFC’s president Dana White shifts in his seat and mumbles under his breath whenever "Mazz" gets the call. He has ranted epically on numerous occasions about Mazzagatti’s incompetence in the cage. One time, after Josh Burkman voluntarily walked away from Jon Fitch’s limp body without any prompting from Mazzagatti in a World Series of Fightingmatch, White ranted for nine straight minutes. "Mazzagatti is a clueless idiot who will hurt someone and continue to ruin guy’s legacies," he tweeted that night. That was just the tip of the iceberg as far as White’s discontentment goes with "Mazz." He has many variations of this same sentiment.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/8/22/4644264/on-official-island-the-lonely-life-of-steve-mazzagatti

Leon Roberts and Big John are my top current two.

Yamasaki is the absolute worst known ref imo.

Not a huge fan of Big John he can be a serious dick head out there sometimes to the point were he over refs and likes to become the show himself. Very Arrogant person IMO

Big John is far ahead of everyone else and Jones has a problem with him. It just makes Jones look even more pathetic.

Rosenthal was great. I'm baffled how Winslow is actually licensed. Worst ref of all time next to Mazzagatti
She damn near had a fighter almost die inside the damn cage.

On more than one occasion, King Mo got pissed at her when he KO'd Larkin.
That's the fight I was thinking about. She's is useless. Along with Mazzagatti. I use to love Herb but he's been screwing up lately.

Back