Movies Which is better: Back to the Future vs Big Trouble in Little China

big-trouble-in-little-china-kurt-russell.gif

Hard to beat back to the future, but I haven't watched the other one for quite awhile. Might have to rewatch it soon.

Big Trouble in Little China is my favorite movie of all-time!
It has everything... beautiful women, sorcery, action, kung-fu, great plot, adventure in underground Chinatown!!! Just wish they did a Part 2! Used to scroll through HBO lusting as a kid to see when I could watch it. My kids also love it and enjoy watching it with me.

Big Trouble has GOAT James Hong but it's pretty clearly Back to the Future imho.

I've only seen BTTF once many years ago, never had any interest in watching it again, though maybe I should at least try. Big Trouble is one of my favorite movies, easily top ten for me.

I love both but Big Trouble in Little China is better to me overall.

Let's put it this way. I've seen back to the future twice and that's enough forever, but I'll watch Big trouble in Little China at least once a year until I'm dead!!!

Back to the Future via not having some scary creepy old evil guy in it.

Big Trouble is hilarious but it has so much random shit thrown in and the plot is all over the place. That's honestly what makes it great but cant put it over the more coherently told story in Back to the Future.

Back to the Future is a 10/10 for me. One of my favorite movies of all time that I consider timeless and iconic. It will live forever and I'd be pissed off if they try to remake it.

Big Trouble is hilarious but it has so much random shit thrown in and the plot is all over the place. That's honestly what makes it great but cant put it over the more coherently told story in Back to the Future.
Honestly I think both of them cover a lot of ground, one of the great strengths of Back to the Future is it manages to have quite separate plots with Marty/Doc plus Marty and his dad. Not actually a great deal of overlap between the two of them but the film doesnt feel unbalanced.

Really though I feel like their actually two quite different films, Back to the Future very heartfelt drama about family and friendship, Big Trouble a comedy lampooning the cliched American hardass and just simply looking to entertain.

I would say Ghostbusters and Big Trouble would probably be a better matchup.

Big Trouble is awesome. Back to the future is overrated and kind of lame

Back