Which celebrity death made you saddest?

Chris Hitchens was the only death of someone I never knew that depressed me.

Nimoy was the only one that actually brought tears to my eyes.

Paul chambers
Winton Kelly
James jamerson
Jimi hendrix

So many musical giants gone before their time

Carrie Fisher. Even if she was on the wrong side, I loved that Rebel Scum:(

Carrie Fisher. Even if she was on the wrong side, I loved that Rebel Scum:(
This was a tough one for me. I felt like I lost my first girlfriend lol :( Also watching my 8 year old daughter cry when she heard the news ripped a bit of my heart out.

I usually think its silly to be sad about a celebrity dying... but Carrie Fisher dying yeah I got sad man, not like crying sad but like.... fuuuck man sad.... RIP Princess. May the Force be with you

There are lots of honorable mentions, but Chris Farley was the celebrity death that impacted me the most. He was my favorite comedian at the time, he was far too young to die, and there were so many other great movies that were never made due to his absence. Phil Hartman and Layne Staley were also pretty significant.

Not many

John Candy: First celebrity I was aware enough to know he died, and my parents would let us watch his movies

Chris Farley:First celebrity that my friends and I thought was cool and like our thing. I still remember my buddy calling me to tell me he had died.

Chris Cornell: I was never what I would consider a big fan, however for some reason his death really bummed me out.

What bothered me about Irwin was that he had so many people watching his death video to satisfy their curiosity or perhaps even more disturbingly as a form of entertainment.

I agree his death hit me so hard. I love animals and his infectious positive attitude toward animals and life was a huge part of my childhood.

I was still a kid when he died but we used to have dances and rec activities every weekend for teens at the local rec. every time I got home from it I would watch Steve and then Emeril when he had his huge cooking show. Both molded what I love to this very day.

Michael Jackson, Aaliyah, Bill Hicks, George Carlin. Michael Jackson was just about to put on an epic show. Aaliyah was so young and beautiful. Hicks would have ripped all of the bullshit going on today so bad. Same with Carlin. Bowie was bad too, although artistically I feel like he already had said all he needed to say.

Robbin Williams made me the saddest. Ronnie James Dio bummed me out too, it was weird because I was listening to Dio while driving, then I ejected the CD and herd the exact same song on the radio that I had been listening to then the radio host came on saying Dio had passed.

Brandon Lee, Kurt Cobain, Crocodile Hunter and fucking Phil Hartman.

Good call on Brandon Lee. Both him and Heath Ledger were immortalized by their final films.

I feel like enough time has passed for me to say this, but Fuck Prince. I'm sorry the guy died, but his music was fucking awful. Like the worst piece of shit 80's hodge podge of crap I've ever heard. What the fuck is a raspberry parade. And he also was weird looking.

images

Nancy Marchand for me. I loved her as Livia Soprano and she passed away and the season 3 storyline got changed because of it.

Rik Mayall

Idolized that dude since I was a little kid

Indeed, at school in the UK in the 80's and early 90's it was really TV comedy not music or sport that seemed like the most common link between kids(well boys at least), Mayall might well have been top of the heap there.

Back