Which celebrity death made you saddest?

Probably Paul Walker

I fucking grew up on F&F movies and they even reignited my love for cars. He even did BJJ. Still shocks me to this day.

I feel like enough time has passed for me to say this, but Fuck Prince. I'm sorry the guy died, but his music was fucking awful. Like the worst piece of shit 80's hodge podge of crap I've ever heard. What the fuck is a raspberry parade. And he also was weird looking.

It's a beret.

The kind you find in a second hand store.

Robin Williams, Prince and Leonard Cohen, though the latter had said his goodbyes. 2017 was a bitch.

I was never a huge fan of Bowie, but I was just shocked when he died. Dude seemed timeless, in spite of the drug abuse etc, I had unconsciously assumed he would live to a ripe old age. One of my early, childhood memories is watching him in "the Labyrinth", which was just about the coolest thing I had ever seen. I woke up several days in a row feeling "not right", as if someone I knew had passed. My mum had cancer during the same period and my dad had had it a few years before. Both pulled through, but I guess Bowie's death made the possibility of their dying more real somehow. My own eventual death also felt like it ambled suddenly into view.

Thank God spring is coming on!

I'm surprised no one has said Judith Barsi. I know she's not the most famous but that shit was tragic.

Barsi was best known as the voice for ducky for the original The Land Before Time movie. Her father lost his job and as her career was taking off became a resentful alcoholic who'd beat her, his wife and made death threats against them.

It was reported to the police but nothing happened and it all came to an end when he shot her, shot her mother, burned down the family home (which she paid for) and killed himself in the garage.

She was 10 years old.

800px-Judith_Barsi_Headstone_Grave.jpg

Recently Art Bell. I know he wasn't a huge celebrity and most of you probably don't know who he is but I love his old shows and listen to them nightly

Freddie Mercury. I was only a kid. It was kinda when it fully hit me that we're all going to die one day.

Bruce Lee when i found out he was dead as a kid, later on Brandon Lee when i was a pre-teen.

Carrie Fisher was the first celebrity death that I shed a tear over and it still gets me in the feels
rs_600x600-161227105154-600-carrie-fisher-princess-leia.jpg

In high school we used to go watch NWA wrestling at the local auditorium. It was stupid and fake as hell, but we had a blast. We'd show up hammered, pull for the heels just to piss off the audience. Most of the promos were unscripted and pretty bad, but Dusty Rhodes and Ric Flair could work the crowd like no others. When Dusty died a lot of great memories came back to me.

One night Dusty put a roll of quarters into his hand and punched a dude and quarters flew everywhere. We hit the floor, hoping to collect some beer money, but they were fake-ass quarters, lol. And Dusty would have his fingers taped, so he could push the tape down to expose thumb tacks to cut his forehead. Stupid, I know, because it's fake rasslin', but it was fucking awesome fun. RIP Dusty. You always put on a great show.

Back