Which branch is superior - The Air Force or The Navy?

@The Higher Power

Dude I've owned a lot of people on this site over the years. I've been owned a few times too, I'll admit. But I gotta say, this interaction with you is probably the hardest I've ever owned anybody on this site, ever. lol if anybody cares to go back and read our posts in this thread, they should get a good kick out of it. I mean, I've shut you down at every turn here. And if you'd just admit you lied and you were wrong about what I said, I could at least respect that. But you keeping on like you are, I'm just gonna keep owning you. I'm just sayin.

I never said that, homie. And I don't think that. In fact, I admitted that marine boot is most likely MUCH harder, and I also said the AF basic didn't incorporate nearly enough physical stuff for my taste.

But I DID say they kept my flight up for around 3 days when we first got there. And they did. And I made that reddit thread to see if my case was usual and if anybody else was kept awake for that long. And you know it turned out that several people went through the same thing. Some did, some didn't. You read that thread. Then you made that shit up and new posters in that thread, and you never admitted you made that up. And you still can't seem to bring yourself to simply admit I was telling the truth.

I told the truth. I proved it.
You lied and made shit up. I proved that, too.

I'm starting to doubt you were ever even in the military, honestly. In any branch.
Anecdotal evidence isn't proof. I thought you Air Force cats were supposed to be smart?
Don't be scared, homie.

@The Higher Power

Dude I've owned a lot of people on this site over the years. I've been owned a few times too, I'll admit. But I gotta say, this interaction with you is probably the hardest I've ever owned anybody on this site, ever. lol if anybody cares to go back and read our posts in this thread, they should get a good kick out of it. I mean, I've shut you down at every turn here. And if you'd just admit you lied and you were wrong about what I said, I could at least respect that. But you keeping on like you are, I'm just gonna keep owning you. I'm just sayin.
Claims to supposedly not care
Gets mad about being called a liar by a stranger on a message board :p

Anecdotal evidence isn't proof. I thought you Air Force cats were supposed to be smart?
Don't be scared, homie.

They are first hand accounts. Several first hand accounts. Including my own.

You gonna admit you lied? You gonna admit I told the truth? Or you gonna keep posting gorilla pics and nick diaz quotes?

They are first hand accounts. Several first hand accounts. Including my own.

You gonna admit you lied? You gonna admit I told the truth? Or you gonna keep posting gorilla pics and nick diaz quotes?
You might wanna actually look at that thread. <45>

You might wanna actually look at that thread. <45>

I have. I told you, some got some sleep that first night, some were kept up for 2 days, and some (like my flight) were kept up for around 3 days. I already said that, dummie.

You still haven't admitted you lied. Have you noticed that?

Thanks for the sig! <Moves>

@The Higher Power

you were never really in the military, in any branch, were you. You said you were a marine, but that was bullshit too, like several of your other posts itt, wasn't it?

That's called stolen valor, bud.

@Phr3121 you never commented on my reddit thread. You're one of the ones saying you didn't believe they kept us up for 3 days in Air Force basic. Did you read that Reddit thread? Did you read everybody's experiences? You still not believe me?

Mate, you are making a big deal out of this. It doesn't really matter. I already told you what I think. There is no need to keep explaining yourself. You know what happened, don't worry about what other people think.

Mate, you are making a big deal out of this. It doesn't really matter. I already told you what I think. There is no need to keep explaining yourself. You know what happened, don't worry about what other people think.

Yeah, you say that now. But earlier, in a very matter-of-fact manner, you said:

--- "In basic training? U.S. Air Force basic training? No mate, I don't believe that. You must have lost track of time. It is called 'droning' in Ranger school. It starts to set in during the second week. SEALs, Rangers, and Special Forces have never gone 3 days without sleeping at least 2 to 3 hours in a 48 hour period. " - Phr3121

What you said was condescending as hell and I have enjoyed being able to prove you and that other guy wrong. It's not a big deal and I'm not mad at ya. But when you insinuate I was lying or flat out wrong, and I can actually find a way to prove otherwise, then I'm gonna do it. And I did. You guys should just admit you were wrong. But so far neither one of you have just said that simple phrase.

Long story, but I was married to an active duty nurse and I was getting deployed all the time. It's hard to keep a marriage together if you're never there. I loved getting deployed because I love that adventure but I wanted to keep my wife too, so after my 4 was up I decided to get out. In hindsight I probably should've stayed in :D
i would be retiring right about now. but orders to minot, nd, orders to Kunsan and orders back to Minot will get you out real quick

What you said was condescending as hell and I have enjoyed being able to prove you and that other guy wrong. It's not a big deal and I'm not mad at ya. But when you insinuate I was lying or flat out wrong, and I can actually find a way to prove otherwise, then I'm gonna do it.

This is Sherdog mate. People here don't believe some of the stuff I say either. Fuck them. No, not condescending, just very strange. What is this obsession you have with proving people wrong? People can think what they want. Sometimes it is a 'grey' line on what to believe when you read a post. Never said you were lying. You are taking this whole issue too seriously which does begin to raise some flags. @The Higher Power is playing with you and you are falling for it. Its Sherdog, and you will find every kind of member here - good ones and shit ones. You've been here for almost two years now. You should know that. Just don't take people's opinions so personally.

This is Sherdog mate. People here don't believe some of the stuff I say either. Fuck them. No, not condescending, just very strange. What is this obsession you have with proving people wrong? People can think what they want. Sometimes it is a 'grey' line on what to believe when you read a post. Never said you were lying. You are taking this whole issue too seriously which does begin to raise some flags. @The Higher Power is playing with you and you are falling for it. Its Sherdog, and you will find every kind of member here - good ones and shit ones. You've been here for almost two years now. You should know that. Just don't take people's opinions so personally.

The Higher Power wasn't playing at first, he was serious when he said "bullshit I don't believe that." And so were you. Higher Power then started posting troll stuff because he couldn't just admit he was wrong (he also made a whole lotta shit up). And you made more than 1 post about this too, go back and read your shit. You were then proven wrong, which is rare to be able to do on an internet forum, but I did and it feels good.

So..... WHY can't you just say "oh shit, I was wrong dude. My bad."? It's really that simple. You're now trying to deflect like it's no big deal, but your ass was so sure earlier. Go reread your posts. I'll also bring up that you said "even navy seals and rangers have NEVER stayed up for 3 days!!!!" Do you realize how stupid that sounds now? Seriously, think about that. We did it in AF basic. I've done it as a civilian too. FFS just admit you were wrong, dude. Why is that so hard?

BTW I'm not mad at ya. I'm honestly not. I'm not blowing this out of proportion (even if it reads like I am). I just enjoy being able to prove something when I'm questioned on it. And I'm enjoying watching you 2 try to squirm out of simply saying you were wrong.

Last edited:
You were then proven wrong, which is rare to be able to do on an internet forum, but I did and it feels good.

I was proven wrong? No I wasn't. I stand by what I said on my original post. Plus, the fact you keep changing your story from 12 hours to maybe less doesn't really help your cause. No my friend, I have not found anything on the internet regarding trainees from any branch of the U.S. military being forced to stay awake for 3 days straight or at attention for 12 hours straight on the first week of training. Guys in here that went to Air Force basic have not admitted to going through that ordeal. Your experience was indeed unique. If you want to keep playing this game go right ahead. I'm done with this topic.

I was proven wrong? No I wasn't. I stand by what I said on my original post. Plus, the fact you keep changing your story from 12 hours to maybe less doesn't really help your cause. No my friend, I have not found anything on the internet regarding trainees from any branch of the U.S. military being forced to stay awake for 3 days straight or at attention for 12 hours straight on the first week of training. Guys in here that went to Air Force basic have not admitted to going through that ordeal. Your experience was indeed unique. If you want to keep playing this game go right ahead. I'm done with this topic.

Yes, you were proven wrong. You said very matter of factly "there's no way they kept you up for 3 days!!!!" Read what other AF vets and active duty troops wrote. Here's the link motherfucker, read it:

<{natewhut}>

I admitted I didn't know how long we stood at attention in the rain. NOT how long they kept us awake for. There is NO question on that. And THAT is what your whole argument is about. Don't try to shift it and don't edit your earlier comments.

Your condescending remarks said "oh there's no way they kept you awake for 3 days in AF basic." Well, they did. And they did that to others, too. Read the Reddit thread. I gave you a link.

Holy shit you can't just admit you were wrong???? wtf?

Last edited:
'motherfucker'

Yeah, that about sums it up. Only an idiot would drop to that level of argument. Thanks for proving my point. You are not only stupid but wrong. What fucking link? Your spoiler box info? I clicked on it and all it has are comments. More than half of which say they got sleep on the first day. Give me a real source, not some bullshit 'chat room' crap.

Dude, you have some serious issues. What is it? OCD? Bipolar? What are you 15? I'll spell it out again for the IQ challenged. No, I'm not wrong. No, you have not proven shit to me. No, my views have not changed. It wasn't 3 days without sleep, it was 1 day with 3 hours of sleep. Like I said before, you were 'droning'. Like your 12 hours at attention turning into 3 hours at attention. The longer you argue this shit, the more stupid you sound. Give it a break.

Lets review some of those comments from your 'chat room' source:

. "Waited in the reception auditorium for a while, got placed in our flight, did some stuff, finally rode the bus to our squadron, was met by an MTI around 2200ish, pick it up/put it down, put our stuff up at the dorms, sat in the day room to be briefed and make our initial phone calls around 2330ish, went to bed around maybe 0100, got woken up by Reveille and our MTI at 0500 sharp."

. "Eventually though at around 1000 on the 27th, we got a flight to SA, waited at the USO for a good 8 hours with a whole lotta people, got to Lackland around 2200, kept being questioned why we were a day late (with every one of our answers being wrong) I think we went to sleep at 0300? All I remember was closing my eyes for two seconds and waking to shouting."

. "After dropping our gear at our bunks and getting shaken down for unauthorized food/items, we were herded into the day room, where our resident Blue Rope TI scoffed at "yet another bunch of losers to train." He gave us some basic instruction on expectations and then sent us to bed. I believe it was sometime past midnight by then. Maybe 0100."

. What fucking link? Your spoiler box info? I clicked on it and all it has are comments. More than half of which say they got sleep on the first day.

What did the OTHER half of the comments say, clue dart?

That "chat room" was r/Air Force, lol.

I'm done talking about this. Now you're acting like a troll, like Higher Power is doing. But neither one of you were trolling at first, you were serious at first, and you were wrong and NOW you're playing it off as "oh I was trolling the whole time." So yeah, I'm done talking about this.

Back