Where UFC athletes stack up with other Athletes or different sports. Grade level bracket provided

i dont think ufc guys are good at punching and kicking, its more the wrestling they are usually good at imo. and they have to learn boxing.

Q4jwocVnl2TLoI-QLG_BOZdZwjKGL3jdManX0FH-qnFKbYJndto7uLTNhzgpPNTb6FpNeLyg0D-L7oNCtdhsKi9x55cCbfREwQ3vGqxc9ZRw=w472-h266-nc

putting gymnasts at B level is a joke.

they are specialized but olympic gymnasts are A+ level athletes.

and F1 drivers and even NASCAR are athletes too. i didnt think so for a long time but the reaction time, precision, hand eye coordination and mental fatigue makes at least F1 drivers A level athletes.F1 drivers are some of the highest paid athletes in the world.
You have horrible prerequisite's for being an athlete. Surgeons should be athletes to then or maybe airline pilots.

You've clearly never played hockey.

I havent, would it make any difference if I had? something being difficult doesnt mean it has the best athletes. Being big, strong, able to run fast and jump high is not of the same importance to a hockey player as it is to the other sports I mentioned.

So

Levels
A+= NBA Players, you cant get higher than these guys. These guys have speed, can leap tall cars. And have smart IQ
A= NFL and Soccer Players. NFL guys are strong, fast and explosive. Soccer players are fast, endurance and agile.
B+= Hockey. these guys are tough gritty and can endure a long time.
B=Gymnast. These guys are strong, agile, versatile.
C= UFC fighter. These guys are good are punching and kicking.
C+=Nascar drivers. These guys are great at driving
D=Golfers. These guys are old and can play golf.

Every time I see this sort of garbage it makes me laugh....there is no such thing as an A level athlete...this is a sherdog thing...you will never see or hear about this anywhere else....if you are at the top of your sport...whatever the sport...you are an A level athlete....

Not one of the athletes from any of those sports would last through a full MMA workout.

Golfers,and NASCAR drivers lmfao......would gas as fast as the average person as their cardio isn't that great.

All the others NFL,NBA,NHL,SOCCER would last longer but would still gas as each of their cardio is good but they still get substitutes when they are tired during a game.

Mma fighters are A level athletes.

Like mentioned before if your at the top of your sport your an A level athelete......

So

Levels
A+= NBA Players, you cant get higher than these guys. These guys have speed, can leap tall cars. And have smart IQ
A= NFL and Soccer Players. NFL guys are strong, fast and explosive. Soccer players are fast, endurance and agile.
Bias grading system. Ban yourself

MMA fighters are the only A level athletes

Because they are actually fighting

The rest is just kids games

It's like saying someone is a better athlete than El chapo, or Tony Montana, or the Navy Seals. Nobody cares, you're either a Badass or not.

So

Levels

If someone's paying you 10 million a year to play some sport, you're an A+ level athlete.
If someone's paying you 1 million a year to play some sport, you're a A level athlete.
If someone's playing you 100k a year to play some sport, you're a B level athlete.
If someone's paying you 50K a year to play some sport, you're a C level athlete.

Why you're an A+ athlete will vary. Your sport might require extreme co-ordination and timing, or it might require speed, or it might require strength, or toughness, or endurance, or some combination thereof.

Consider golf, which you say it only takes D level athletic abilities to earn 10 million a year. Guys with C, B, and A level abilities are going to look at what those D level guys were making, compare it to what they're making, and change sports. And if it truly only took D-level ability, something that 10% of the population has, golf would be quickly taken over by minor league basketball, football and so on players. But while a lot of basketball and football players try golf, and even devote a lot of time on it, they never turn into Tiger Woods.

Its because they're missing the defining physical requirement of golf - an exceptional nervous system. Golf requires extreme abilities in a few physical attributes (related to the nervous system), and the guys who make 10 million plus a year playing it have that ability at a level that only 1 in a million people can achieve. Which is why they are A+ level athletes, and why every minor league basketball player in the world doesn't start playing golf.

A+ level doesn't mean being good at everything, it means being 1 in a million good at something that a lot of people think is worth doing and/or worth watching. If it was easy, no one would much for someone to do it.

I havent, would it make any difference if I had? something being difficult doesnt mean it has the best athletes. Being big, strong, able to run fast and jump high is not of the same importance to a hockey player as it is to the other sports I mentioned.

Any particular reason you don't think hockey players do rigorous strength and conditioning training?

Any particular reason you don't think hockey players do rigorous strength and conditioning training?

Look breh, I like hockey and think its a tough and highly skilled sport. But its utterly delusional to think they are going to be comparing well to athletes from football, rugby or wrestling in anything other than endurance. The average NFL linebacker or DE would be considered an absolute freak by hockey standards. Thats not a slight on hockey in any way, its still a tough game and possibly the most skilled team sport, but it is what it is.

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games."

Ernest Hemingway

Look breh, I like hockey and think its a tough and highly skilled sport. But its utterly delusional to think they are going to be comparing well to athletes from football, rugby or wrestling in anything other than endurance. The average NFL linebacker or DE would be considered an absolute freak by hockey standards. Thats not a slight on hockey in any way, its still a tough game and possibly the most skilled team sport, but it is what it is.

Basically... it sounds like your point is that NFL players are HW's and hockey players are LW's and therefore the HW's are better because they're bigger. In my opinion, I think the hockey players would do better adapting to MMA, but to each his own. They're built for cardio and endurance (just like soccer players), but they're certainly not weak. Hockey players would adapt to rugby far, far better than football players too.

The average play in the NFL is what 7, maybe 8 seconds at a time? The average NFL linebacker or DE couldn't run a 45-60 second long play at full speed or log 20-35 minutes of actual game play time. Having a fast 40 yard dash doesn't mean much when we're watcing a Kimbo Slice/Dada 5000 reenactment after 10 minutes.

Yes... linemen are bigger, but receivers are the size of hockey players, and quarterback numbers are very similar to defensemen in hockey (slightly taller and heavier than the average). The average NHL'er is around 6'1" and 200lbs.

Not all football players are 350lbs of solid muscle built out of granite and capable of throwing school buses, so I'd be curious as to what quantifies someone as an "absolute freak". If I recall correctly the average size of middle linebackers is getting smaller as well, focusing on speed rather than size.

This looks super scientific

Not one of the athletes from any of those sports would last through a full MMA workout.

Golfers,and NASCAR drivers lmfao......would gas as fast as the average person as their cardio isn't that great.

All the others NFL,NBA,NHL,SOCCER would last longer but would still gas as each of their cardio is good but they still get substitutes when they are tired during a game.

Mma fighters are A level athletes.

Like mentioned before if your at the top of your sport your an A level athelete......

Sorry but 'soccer' players easily have the cardio to last an MMA workout.

The majority of professional Football players, play for 90 minutes with only a 15 minute break at half time (45 minutes in). It's 45 minutes of action, 15 minutes break and then another 45. The sport is running orientated. As for substitutes, there are 11 players on each side and only 3 subs allowed per game. Most subs are made after the 60 minute mark, many times the teams don't use all 3 substitutes.

Speed, footwork, agility and cardio are so important. Put it like this, Yoel Romero is one of the best athletes in MMA, but he'd be fucking atrocious at Football. All of the top teams REQUIRE their players to run, run, run. As a center forward you're expected to make runs in behind the defense, to try make some space for yourself so your team mates can pass to you. In midfield you're expected to track runners, to at times 'press' (close down the opposition, aka, sprint at them and try win the ball back), to run with the ball to advance your team forward.

Different sports require different skill sets. As mentioned, Yoel Romero is clearly a great athlete...but at the same time, in Football he'd be fucking trash tier. His cardio and likely his footwork/nimbleness would be major, major faults. He's too heavy, too bulky and he would be dead on his feet after a few minutes. He couldn't handle it, the same applies to American Football players.

Though at the same time, needless to say most Football players would be awful at Basketball (most are simply too short) and American Football/Rugby (most are too slim, some of the bigger players could hypothetically make it aka be physically capable of it, if the skills/talent were there if they trained for more mass and took muscle gaining PEDs).

Apples and oranges. It's one of the reasons it's so hard to make 'tiers' or rankings.

Sorry but 'soccer' players easily have the cardio to last an MMA workout.

The majority of professional Football players, play for 90 minutes with only a 15 minute break at half time (45 minutes in). It's 45 minutes of action, 15 minutes break and then another 45. The sport is running orientated. As for substitutes, there are 11 players on each side and only 3 subs allowed per game. Most subs are made after the 60 minute mark, many times the teams don't use all 3 substitutes.

Speed, footwork, agility and cardio are so important. Put it like this, Yoel Romero is one of the best athletes in MMA, but he'd be fucking atrocious at Football. All of the top teams REQUIRE their players to run, run, run. As a center forward you're expected to make runs in behind the defense, to try make some space for yourself so your team mates can pass to you. In midfield you're expected to track runners, to at times 'press' (close down the opposition, aka, sprint at them and try win the ball back), to run with the ball to advance your team forward.

Different sports require different skill sets. As mentioned, Yoel Romero is clearly a great athlete...but at the same time, in Football he'd be fucking trash tier. His cardio and likely his footwork/nimbleness would be major, major faults. He's too heavy, too bulky and he would be dead on his feet after a few minutes. He couldn't handle it, the same applies to American Football players.

Though at the same time, needless to say most Football players would be awful at Basketball (most are simply too short) and American Football/Rugby (most are too slim, some of the bigger players could hypothetically make it aka be physically capable of it, if the skills/talent were there if they trained for more mass and took muscle gaining PEDs).

Apples and oranges. It's one of the reasons it's so hard to make 'tiers' or rankings.

Running is one thing I'm talking full MMA tralning grappling,striking,and strength and conditioning.
(Diaz bros cardio would last through soccer training)

I agree though that comparing combat sports to ball sports is completely wrong it doesn' work at all.

Like TS saying LeBron could be elite at whatever sport if he started early enough......when realistically that's not the case.

Back