Where UFC athletes stack up with other Athletes or different sports. Grade level bracket provided

#1StockTrader

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So

Levels
A+= NBA Players, you cant get higher than these guys. These guys have speed, can leap tall cars. And have smart IQ
A= NFL and Soccer Players. NFL guys are strong, fast and explosive. Soccer players are fast, endurance and agile.
B+= Hockey. these guys are tough gritty and can endure a long time.
B=Gymnast. These guys are strong, agile, versatile.
C= UFC fighter. These guys are good are punching and kicking.
C+=Nascar drivers. These guys are great at driving
D=Golfers. These guys are old and can play golf.

I put UFC fighters slightly above darts players.

horse-tug-of-war-18-men-horse-power-ownage-13606330520.gif

putting gymnasts at B level is a joke.

they are specialized but olympic gymnasts are A+ level athletes.

and F1 drivers and even NASCAR are athletes too. i didnt think so for a long time but the reaction time, precision, hand eye coordination and mental fatigue makes at least F1 drivers A level athletes.F1 drivers are some of the highest paid athletes in the world.

Some basketball players are just too tall for peak athleticism- Manute Bol etc. Atheticism varies wildly by position in football. Soccer players can actually be kind of underwhelming athletically at times, its not a sport where you need to be a freak to play. Ditto hockey.

MMA is on par with hockey and soccer. Gymnasts should be much higher too.

no, it wasn't. you just list random attributes, without defining what athleticism really is. pointless.

Why do I need to define Athleticism? I am sure you know dont you? I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt. Dont let me down Yodsanan

In the end..nobody cares about athleticism. People watch whatever they watch for the game, the craft, and the competition. When all I hear about a player/fighter(whatever the sport) being touted because of their athletecism(which is relative to the sport, but let’s just say high jumpers and fast sprinters) I assume it’s because they don’t have any significant skill to hype and somebody is being led down the path of thinking somebody with the physical attributes can learn the craft. There are people who take to things naturally but those are rare and not always somebody you would call incredibly athletic.

I don’t know why people debate this so much. It’s either you think there is an art, technique, and years of work involved with the MMA or you think all martial arts techniques are fake/rudimentary and it’s just a tough man contest that ultimately the biggest and fastest should win. If it’s the latter then you have no business here.

So

Levels
A+= NBA Players, you cant get higher than these guys. These guys have speed, can leap tall cars. And have smart IQ
A= NFL and Soccer Players. NFL guys are strong, fast and explosive. Soccer players are fast, endurance and agile.
B+= Hockey. these guys are tough gritty and can endure a long time.
B=Gymnast. These guys are strong, agile, versatile.
C= UFC fighter. These guys are good are punching and kicking.
C+=Nascar drivers. These guys are great at driving
D=Golfers. These guys are old and can play golf.

LOL @ confusing being tall with being A level.

NFL players are juiced out of their skulls.

Very few athletes in the world are on the same level as Premiere league Soccer players.

Some basketball players are just too tall for peak athleticism- Manute Bol etc. Atheticism varies wildly by position in football. Soccer players can actually be kind of underwhelming athletically at times, its not a sport where you need to be a freak to play. Ditto hockey.

MMA is on par with hockey and soccer. Gymnasts should be much higher too.

Hockey players are tough as nails and have excellent cardio and endurance. Not a sport for the weak. the 80 game season gets pretty grueling and that's not even counting the playoffs. Of baseball, basketball, soccer, and football... hockey players might very well transition to MMA better than the other big leagues.

Hockey players are tough as nails and have excellent cardio and endurance. Not a sport for the weak. the 80 game season gets pretty grueling and that's not even counting the playoffs. Of baseball, basketball, soccer, and football... hockey players might very well transition to MMA better than the other big leagues.

They are tough and yes they have to have a fair bit of conditioning to deal with the intense schedule. But you just dont see absolute freaks in hockey anywhere near as often as in football, rugby, (real) wrestling or basketball. The size/strength/speed norms are signficantly lower.

They are tough and yes they have to have a fair bit of conditioning to deal with the intense schedule. But you just dont see absolute freaks in hockey anywhere near as often as in football, rugby, (real) wrestling or basketball. The size/strength/speed norms are signficantly lower.

You've clearly never played hockey.

Apparently 40 year old Machida could be the starting linebacker on a D1 champion football team.

It is a joke to compare fighters who only compete like twice a year to other athletes maybe except curling players. Any bum with a 2-0 record against nobodies can get into one of the top 2-3 MAMA orgs.

Where is curling on this list?? Those guys shuffle, slide, toss..... fuck it's unbelievable what they do. Are they A+??

Not this fucking shit again. Why is there never a thread about where mma fighters stack up amongst other athletes in the way of IQ. It’s about as meaningful.

Back