Where to go for stylish yet affordable clothes

I don't care about clothes. Never have. I have zero sense of style. I basically where whatever is in my dresser, a habit that has left me with about two pairs of jeans and some random t-shirts.

I got to start looking sharp, though. I'd like to get an entire wardrobe overhaul for about $1,000.

I'd prefer tech/professor style, not whatever else there is out there. Maybe a dash hipster.

Basically, I don't want to look like Dana White.

6359400329311767781898516068_TJMaxx.jpg

I don't care about clothes. Never have. I have zero sense of style. I basically where whatever is in my dresser, a habit that has left me with about two pairs of jeans and some random t-shirts.

I got to start looking sharp, though. I'd like to get an entire wardrobe overhaul for about $1,000.

I'd prefer tech/professor style, not whatever else there is out there. Maybe a dash hipster.

Basically, I don't want to look like Dana White.
4/5 club and trunkclub, both have personal stylist, basically a hip girl to dress you for your age/demographic

Spend about $300 at the Sally Anne stores, and $700 for a new crisp suit with a couple of shirts and ties. Spend another $300 on shoes, belt, cuff links, tie clip.
$1300 bucks later and you will be getting too many gay dudes to post on Sherdog bruh.

Fixed that.

I wouldnt recommend their shoes. They are all plastic. However stuff like under shirts, tanks, leggings, basic under tees are all actually very good quality. Their clothing in general seems not very stylish, for kids it would be fine but i wouldnt recommend a career minded person buy their wardrobe there. Its just sort of good for basics that go under your clothes. I only buy leggings, tanks and tshirts there. All cotton and all super cheap.

If you have teen or young daughters or your wife is petite these are GOAT leggings. Theyre like the only one i found that is lower rise that hang at the hips and doesnt hike up past the belly button. None of that mom legging shit.

360x360_pad.jpg

I get my kids the best shoes they have, but still, they go through a new pair every three months, so they are not getting $100 sneaks for awhile yet. I don't know how you know I like wearing leggings, but they feel great under my Carhartts

Like a boss.
R06irr_DKB_dsp.jpg

Theyre not very stylish so i mean buy the main wardrobe elsewhere but for plain tshirts tanks and leggings walmart stuff is actually good. I must confess i actually bought a dress there on clearance and i really like it. It was like $13 and people always ask me where i got it. Its a little cotton plaid dress. Nothing wrong with it. It actually looks better than a much more expensive dress from american eagle that would cost like $80 and i see no quality disparity between the two. Not everything is bad at walmart.
I'm not judging, but from my limited experience, and I do mean limited, this stuff shrinks to shit in the wash and doesn't hold up well over time.

Zara and H & M have affordable and smart looking clothes. If you ignore their clothes that are exaggeratedly ghey/hipster (which would be about half their products), you can find some good stuff.

I shop exclusively at TJ Maxx and Burlington. Never pay more than $15-$20 on a really nice pair of designer jeans and $5-$15 or so on a shirt.

I love TJ's. Bought my rolling luggage there too.

I wouldnt recommend their shoes. They are all plastic. However stuff like under shirts, tanks, leggings, basic under tees are all actually very good quality. Their clothing in general seems not very stylish, for kids it would be fine but i wouldnt recommend a career minded person buy their wardrobe there. Its just sort of good for basics that go under your clothes. I only buy leggings, tanks and tshirts there. All cotton and all super cheap.

If you have teen or young daughters or your wife is petite these are GOAT leggings. Theyre like the only one i found that is lower rise that hang at the hips and doesnt hike up past the belly button. None of that mom legging shit.

360x360_pad.jpg
The last time I bought leggings from Walmart, they ripped after wearing them a few times. They also made my thighs look a little big.

Am I just not getting the quality brands?

Army surplus store and a concert or 2 and you should be good to go

It's not rocket surgery. Just go to fucking Kohls or something.

And don't be a homo and wear girls clothes like some of these guys here. If people around you are questioning your sexuality, you aren't dressing correctly.

I think all clothes can do that even expensive one. Walmart is really good for the price. This dress is two years of regular wear and wash. Its a bit wrinkly because its been in my closet since last august but with a little steam it will still be as beautiful as the day i bought it. Like its still the same vibrant color no matter how many times i wash it. 13 dollars only. Thats a great deal and its good quality. And people always ask me about it.

@Dr J this is going to be my official 2017 conservative presidential campaign outfit.

1GBEpr7.jpg
It looks nice. Your example seems like the exception. Perhaps there's a difference between quality on the men's clothes versus the women's.

It's not rocket surgery. Just go to fucking Kohls or something.

And don't be a homo and wear girls clothes like some of these guys here. If people around you are questioning your sexuality, you aren't dressing correctly.
Hey look, I just increased my squat 1RM max to 155.5 and if I want to show off my gains with some booty-hugging leggings then that's what I'm gonna do!

Get some dirt cheap dress clothing (blazers, pants, ect) from good will or the thrift store and spend a little money tailoring them. Trust me on this, im also newly single and i have been trying to up my fashion game. Read some shit on google and apparently secret is for your clothes to fit really well. That's always in style. fitted blazer with some jeans and nice shoes = profit.

@Banchan
If I'm being honest, I have trouble even stepping foot in wal mart. It's the people. It may be different where you live, but here it's straight white trash.

I'm in a place where I care less about price than I did when I was in my 20's. That doesn't discredit what you've said, necessarily, but I just won't go there for clothes.

I'm intrigued by the cotton-poly blend comment. I assumed cotton was more susceptible to shrinking. No?

Back