Where to go for stylish yet affordable clothes

On the Real, J. Crew is what I'm looking for.

My plan is to just buy some cheap shirts from target then mix them in with a few things from J.Crew. Going to buy some casual shoes, some dress/casual shoes, three slacks, and two button downs. Then some cheap target t shirts.

I don't care about clothes. Never have. I have zero sense of style. I basically where whatever is in my dresser, a habit that has left me with about two pairs of jeans and some random t-shirts.

I got to start looking sharp, though. I'd like to get an entire wardrobe overhaul for about $1,000.

I'd prefer tech/professor style, not whatever else there is out there. Maybe a dash hipster.

Basically, I don't want to look like Dana White.

I am sending you one link where you can check all the stylish dresses at affordable prices. Shopstyluz.com

As for me, I just buy some basic mens polo shirts and other clothes online. It is very easy to mix and match such clothes and they are very cheap. Maybe I am not that stylish but I like how comfortable it is to wear such stuff

Last edited:
I make my own clothes out of newspapers and plastic bags I find on the street/in dumpsters

Places like Nordstrom Rack and Marshalls can occasionally surprise you with good quality pants and sport coats for relatively cheap. If you need a few pieces, look for quality there and take them to a tailor for better fit. For shirts, men's wearhouse and jos a bank can get you staple items for very low price (white and blue oxford button ups, some other colors, stripes or patterns if you're that kind of guy, v neck sweaters, etc.), tie bar for cheap ties, express or H&M if you're buying vests or anything weird like that.

Dabble in those places for your everyday material and try to keep enough aside to buy a few nicer items for when you need to look good.

I don't like that tight clothes hype that is in Europe right now.

I buy clothes in waves. It also depends on type of clothing. Casual vs Work.

For work I usually get my button downs from places like Banana Republic Outlet, Nordstrom Rack, Express, heck almost anywhere that has decent long sleeve buttom downs. Ideally $20 or less per shirt. For dress pants I use to own a lot of Banana Republic, but I really like the no-iron Haggar H26 pants. I also have this random Kenneth Cole no-iron pants that I really like. It never gets dirty, never wrinkles, doesn't fade and still looks new after several years of use. I also love ratchet belts. For dress shoes I found these pair of Steve Madden's that fit very comfortably for me and looks good. I can even run in them and I'm fine.

Casual just varies. For jeans I usaully just get Levi's. I use to wear more upper-end brands (7 for all man kind, true religion, etc), but now rarely. The only more expensive jeans I'm willing to splurge is a really nice pair of Diesels or Nudies. Most of the time I'll look at jeans at Nordstrom Rack or Outlet stores. I haven't bought a pair in several years now. Shorts varies. I like the express shorts, Shirts varies. I use to own tons of SB Dunks and still do, so I still wear a few of them. Been on the search for more casual shoes nows though or I'll just wear flip flops in the summer.

I don't care about clothes. Never have. I have zero sense of style. I basically where whatever is in my dresser, a habit that has left me with about two pairs of jeans and some random t-shirts.

I got to start looking sharp, though. I'd like to get an entire wardrobe overhaul for about $1,000.

I'd prefer tech/professor style, not whatever else there is out there. Maybe a dash hipster.

Basically, I don't want to look like Dana White.
Check out jackthreads.com

th

H&M

TJ Max

Go to salvation army locations. You can find some gems.

Depending on what you do for a living it isn't a bad idea to get at least two suits.

Back