Where do you rank Dominick Cruz in an all time GOAT list

I said BEHIND Jones/Silva/GSP(these three are in a league of their own), similar to Aldo - both plagued with injuries, both dominated in WEC and UFC, both regained their titles eventually. Who else other than Cruz and Aldo deserves the spot after those 3 in your opinion? Mighty Mouse? Fedor who beat a list of "CM Punks" from NJPW AFTER he took the #1 HW ranking?

1. Fedor
2. Anderson
3. Gsp
4. Aldo
5. Jones

Honestly believe Hendo and Nog are anywhere after that.

My bias opinion would throw Wand and Shogun on there as well

Second dumbest post in this thread by far.

Comparing Cruz's skillset to Griffins, neuter yourself.

Nah, he's got an elite fight IQ and footwork, the rest of his skills are average to a little above average. He's got heart and cardio and lacks power in his strikes

You just think Forrest is some scrub, he beat back to back #1 LHW's while winning the title. I'm sorry you weren't around back then to see him fight

Not a lock for top 10 IMO

too inactive in his purime for multiple years, his top wins dont stack up to others in that tier.

Prolly top 15, not out of the top 20

His best wins are a controversial SD to TJ, a decision to Faber where he got put on his ass multiple times and hand injury TKO to Bowles..........

1. Fedor
2. Anderson
3. Gsp
4. Aldo
5. Jones

So all this time you were just butthurt I left Fedor out of the conversation. Who exactly did Fedor beat other than prime Nog and Cro Cop? He padded his record the same way Miguel Torres and Barao did, against a bunch of cans. Only difference is that Fedor did it AFTER he became the champ, and started fighting professional wrestlers from NJPW.
GSP, Silva, Jones, Aldo, Cruz, MM >>>> Fedor

Never popped GOATs: Fedor - GSP - Aldo

Popped GOATs: Silva - Jones

Great fighters: Nog - Hendo - Wanderlei - Cruz - Shogun - MM, etc

1. Fedor
2. Anderson
3. Gsp
4. Aldo
5. Jones

Looks like a good list.

He finished Torres when everyone had him near the top of their P4P lists. Bowles was a very good fighter his life just took a nose dive after he lost to Cruz and became addicted to crystal meth. You can't really use his later career to judge his talent as he wasn't training properly and was smoking crystal meth.

For what it's worth, I've been addicted to meth as well and it didn't derail my life at all. I'm not as easily convinced when someone uses that as an excuse as to why things take a plunge, but I suppose I can see how it would make being a pro athlete a bit complicated.

probably top 10, best performance was beating TJ in a extremely close fight after a 4 year layoff and dominating a semi over the hill Urijah Faber, he beat up tons of good bantamweights but that was kinda when the division kinda weak.

For what it's worth, I've been addicted to meth as well and it didn't derail my life at all. I'm not as easily convinced when someone uses that as an excuse as to why things take a plunge, but I suppose I can see how it would make being a pro athlete a bit complicated.

If being addicted to crystal meth didn't derail your life no offense but you probably didn't have a whole lot of responsibility going on in your life at the time. Its very prevalent in the community where I grew up and I've watched it wreck the lives of many of my friends and family. I've seen addicts who could hold down shitty low wage jobs for a time but the addiction just spirals and spirals until they can't anymore. You may be a special case in that you got help early on and it didn't effect your life very much but that is certainly not the usual case or anywhere close to it. I'd go so far as to say its basically impossible to remain a high level athlete while dealing and smoking crystal meth. I'm certainly glad you managed to overcome that shit though. Its not easy so good on you.

Outside the ten with no uncertainty.

I thought he lost his best win (TJ), and beating a seriously pre prime MM doesn't carry much weight.

I don't know I never really thought about it

rPNCqww.jpg

I believe he is behind Conor McGregor

Should be considered fringe top 10, he's right about at that line for me or maybe slightly below it. Hindsight 20/20, he probably would have steamrolled Barao were he healthy. Losing out on so much of his prime years to injuries hurts, though.

Of course his GOAT status would be a lot more intriguing if he beat Garbrandt, but he deserves to be in the discussion for a top 10 spot.

14 of 22 wins by decision? That's no GOAT of mine...

Back