Where do you rank Dominick Cruz in an all time GOAT list

10-15, imo.
This is fair. Off the top of my head I have at the very least these guys above him:

Fedor
Anderson
GSP
Jones
Aldo
Hughes

Then Cruz fits in amongst guys like Hendo, Big Nog, Edgar, DJ and some others. So probably 8-15 for me.

LOL . 30-35. Defintitley below Uriah. Too much of a puss to go up in weight an challenge Edgar and / or Aldo like Uriah did. Got slapped around the cage by garbrandt- it wasn't even competitive. Ducking Tj as we speak. His punching power makes Michael bisping look like rumble Johnson. Pointless and ineffective footwork. Overrated as all hell. Finished by Faber. Couldn't finish Faber.
Salty hater! He's way better then faber ever was, and he's better than aldo.

<LikeReally5>

Aldo beating Edgar twice is greater than Cruz entire resume
You're implying that Edgar is better than MM, TJ and Faber combined?!

Edit:
Here's a list of Cruz's best wins and the highest rankings obtains:
MM - UFC Flyweight Champ, #1 FLW, #1 P4P
TJ - UFC Bantamweight Champ, #1 BW
Faber - WEC Featherweight Champ, #1 FW, #6 P4P
Bowles - WEC Bantamweight Champ, #1 BW, #8 P4P
McCall - Tachi Palace Flyweight Champ, #1 FLW
Benevidez - #2 BW, #2 FLW

Last edited:
As a MMA GOAT, in the middle 10's
UFC, a bit higher

Yes, yes I am.

MM has wins over nobody special
TJ is a very good win and so is Faber but neither are better than Edgar
Here's a list of Cruz's best wins and the highest rankings obtained:

Troll harder buddeh. The entire MMA roster is overrated if we hate them hard enough.

All I need to know are:
(1) Who did he beat, and what were these opponents' records when they fought Cruz?
(2) How many times did he defend the belt?
(3) What is his finishing ratio?

Yes, yes I am.

MM has wins over nobody special
TJ is a very good win and so is Faber but neither are better than Edgar

And that's not even mentioning that Aldo nearly amputated Faber's legs when they fought. Dom could only dream of damaging Faber as much during the course of three fights with him.

Troll harder buddeh. The entire MMA roster is overrated if we hate them hard enough.

Cruz didn't beat MM when he was #1 p4p so quit overrating that win

Miguel Torres beat MM then got robbed by the judges right before he loss to Cruz.

Ian McCall should have a victory over MM as well.

Again stop overrating MM because he's ruling the weakest division in combat sports history

And that's not even mentioning that Aldo nearly amputated Faber's legs when they fought. Dom could only dream of damaging Faber as much during the course of three fights with him.

Faber dropped Cruz a few times and the 2nd fight was alot closer then what people seem to remember.

In what twisted p4p list did Brian Bowles somehow land within the top ten? And do you agree that he actually belonged there?

In what twisted p4p list did Brian Bowles somehow land within the top ten? And do you agree that he actually belonged there?

He finished Torres when everyone had him near the top of their P4P lists. Bowles was a very good fighter his life just took a nose dive after he lost to Cruz and became addicted to crystal meth. You can't really use his later career to judge his talent as he wasn't training properly and was smoking crystal meth.

Cruz didn't beat MM when he was #1 p4p so quit overrating that win

Miguel Torres beat MM then got robbed by the judges right before he loss to Cruz.

Ian McCall should have a victory over MM as well.

Again stop overrating MM because he's ruling the weakest division in combat sports history
Last thing I want to do is overrating MM, his division is weak, so is BW, FW, HW, and WMMA. Wins and championships are just that. He beat them when they were young, relevant and not on their way out.

Bowles was undefeated at the time, made the p4p list after he beat Miguel Torres who was 36-1 or something.

Top 5-10. Injuries really hurt him in the prime of his career. If he beats Garbrandt and defends a few more times then top 5 for sure.

He finished Torres when everyone had him near the top of their P4P lists. Bowles was a very good fighter his life just took a nose dive after he lost to Cruz and became addicted to crystal meth. You can't really use his later career to judge his talent as he wasn't training properly and was smoking crystal meth.

Bullshit. His life is incredible, he started modeling underwear, became a rapper and has starred in hundreds of movies in Hollywood.

He was wicked awesome in the departed

Last thing I want to do is overrating MM, his division is weak, so is BW, FW, HW, and WMMA. Wins and championships are just that. He beat them when they were young, relevant and not on their way out.

Bowles was undefeated at the time, made the p4p list after he beat Miguel Torres who was 36-1 or something.

So you agree his division and competition is weak yet you rate him high with Aldo, Jones ect.

{<huh}

Title defenses mean very little when you're fighting weak competition

I guess Ronda is top 10 all time as well

So you agree his division and competition is weak yet you rate him high with Aldo, Jones ect.

{<huh}

Title defenses mean very little when you're fighting weak competition

I guess Ronda is top 10 all time as well
I said BEHIND Jones/Silva/GSP(these three are in a league of their own), similar to Aldo - both plagued with injuries, both dominated in WEC and UFC, both regained their titles eventually. Who else other than Cruz and Aldo deserves the spot after those 3 in your opinion? Mighty Mouse? Fedor who beat a list of "CM Punks" from NJPW AFTER he took the #1 HW ranking?

Back