When your personal trainer uses steroids

fightgirl

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Well I'll never obtain anything close to their physique then. It's a bit fraudulent, no?

5fdae5fb2fc8aa9f78d6004cbd3e230e.jpg

Your PT is there to help you achieve your desired physique or health and well being goals.. not theirs.

Well I'll never obtain anything close to their physique then. It's a bit fraudulent, no?

If they didn't promise you that you could like them without steroids then in what way is that fraudulent?

Is your trainer male or female?

Transsexual, pre op............

The type with really thin lips and uses too much lipstick to make them look fuller.....

Wears fake tan even on top of a real tan.......looks a bit like a stretched leather bag.

But really TS, why don't you get another PT, if you are that bothered.....and how do you know if they use steroids??

I guess not but I don't get why you'd pursue a career helping people improve health and fitness but be on them, they're so bad for you.
go watch bigger stronger faster and go educate yourself its on Netflix

Your PT is there to help you achieve your desired physique or health and well being goals.. not theirs.

Right but do you not see how it puts into question their competence on other issues?

With physical training / strength and conditioning coaches you have to go off of a combination of reputation and their own personal success. It's not like BJJ or a martial art where you can track who someone trained under, their rank, their tournament results. Maybe some trainers do have like bodybuilding records athletic success records that might give them more legitimacy.

However having a coach that does steroids would be like a doctor that does crack.

Does the crack make the doctor wrong? No. Not at all. He could be the best doctor in the world and be addicted to crack.

The thing with steroids is that if you care AT ALL about living a long healthy life, they're worse for you than cocaine is. Your trainer could, and probably still does know their shit. In the same way that a doctor addicted to crack or meth would likely still know their shit if they have a real MD.

It's just that, well getting advice on building a good / healthy body from someone that's ruining their body in the long term isn't great.

Transsexual, pre op............

The type with really thin lips and uses too much lipstick to make them look fuller.....

Wears fake tan even on top of a real tan.......looks a bit like a stretched leather bag.

But really TS, why don't you get another PT, if you are that bothered.....and how do you know if they use steroids??

A few sessions left. Silence is golden - I know a girl from my work who's seeing him and I asked her and she kinda averted, oh, he takes drugs too, because she was telling me her flat mates dislike him due to that - great!

Look sounds to me like you personally dislike this pt and you're going to be unhappy with him whether he's on the gear or not.

I'm a pt, I have many friends who's are pt's, many of my friends are on steroids, some are not.. The ones who are on steroids do not discuss their personal business with their clients because it's none of their damn business. Call me boring, but I don't go discussing my life with my clients, so if your pt is bragging about steroids then he's a dick.. If you have a friend who "knows him" and what he's like outside of work then that's rumour, and you're being petty. If he's a good PT and good at his job then be happy and mind your own your fucking nose, he's a dick in your sessions then complain and get your money back.

You sound like a nightmare client. I have a few you like.. Just moan a lot. "I'm tired" "long day at work" "I feel ill today so can we take it easy" "why aren't I losing weight?" "My friends trainer said to do this".. If you say any of these things I'm willing to bet he'd be happy to get rid of you.

Look sounds to me like you personally dislike this pt and you're going to be unhappy with him whether he's on the gear or not.

Not at all, I don't know how you have gaged that. I find I'm disappointed to find that he's on steroids and doing drugs, when I'm soliciting his help and advice.

The ones who are on steroids do not discuss their personal business with their clients because it's none of their damn business. Call me boring, but I don't go discussing my life with my clients, so if your pt is bragging about steroids then he's a dick...

He hasn't bragged. He's opened up to my workmate, doesn't know of the connection there.

If you have a friend who "knows him" and what he's like outside of work then that's rumour, and you're being petty. If he's a good PT and good at his job then be happy and mind your own your fucking nose, he's a dick in your sessions then complain and get your money back.

And by "knows him" I'm talking dating, so yeah, honest conversation does tend to come up between people who are getting to know each other, hanging out etc, waking up in the same bed, no? I asked her if her flat mates have met him and the instant reply was "yeah and they don't like him because he takes drugs".

You sound like a nightmare client. I have a few you like.. Just moan a lot. "I'm tired" "long day at work" "I feel ill today so can we take it easy" "why aren't I losing weight?" "My friends trainer said to do this".. If you say any of these things I'm willing to bet he'd be happy to get rid of you.

You sound like a bitter person who hates their job and need a new career. I wouldn't pay good money to "take it easy", but thanks for the ludicrous assumptions.

TS, like it or not, PT are judged based on how they look. It shouldn't necessarily be that way, but it is. So if a PT is on gear, I just look at it as investing in their business. I was a personal trainer for a few years, and I didn't use, but I sure as hell understood people who did.

You might not pay good money to "take it easy", but in my experience, the majority of clients fall into one of two broad catorgories.

1.) They don't want to work hard and they expect results anyway.
2.) They just want to have the hardest workout of the lives each session, they don't care about programming or being trained in an intelligent way whatsoever.

There are a lot of bad PTs out there, but whether or not they take steroids is not a good measure of that. I would recommend that you judge a PT on three things.

1.) Are they actually knowledgeable or are they just good bullshitters?
2.) Do they care about me as a client or am I just a paycheck?
3.) Are they able to adapt the training to my level and goals or do they try and train all their clients the same way?

Not at all, I don't know how you have gaged that. I find I'm disappointed to find that he's on steroids and doing drugs, when I'm soliciting his help and advice.

He hasn't bragged. He's opened up to my workmate, doesn't know of the connection there.

And by "knows him" I'm talking dating, so yeah, honest conversation does tend to come up between people who are getting to know each other, hanging out etc, waking up in the same bed, no? I asked her if her flat mates have met him and the instant reply was "yeah and they don't like him because he takes drugs".

You sound like a bitter person who hates their job and need a new career. I wouldn't pay good money to "take it easy", but thanks for the ludicrous assumptions.

Im not bitter, i just don't see what the problem is, and his personal life has nothing to do with you. If he provides a good service then be happy with it. You are coming across like you don't like him based on what others have said.
I love my job as it goes, but I've had my fair share of cry babies and i don't understand why someone would pay so much money for a trainer and put in half assed efforts.
You've judged this guy based on how he looks, and for no good reason by the sounds of it.

TS, like it or not, PT are judged based on how they look. It shouldn't necessarily be that way, but it is. So if a PT is on gear, I just look at it as investing in their business. I was a personal trainer for a few years, and I didn't use, but I sure as hell understood people who did.

You might not pay good money to "take it easy", but in my experience, the majority of clients fall into one of two broad catorgories.

1.) They don't want to work hard and they expect results anyway.
2.) They just want to have the hardest workout of the lives each session, they don't care about programming or being trained in an intelligent way whatsoever.

There are a lot of bad PTs out there, but whether or not they take steroids is not a good measure of that. I would recommend that you judge a PT on three things.

1.) Are they actually knowledgeable or are they just good bullshitters?
2.) Do they care about me as a client or am I just a paycheck?
3.) Are they able to adapt the training to my level and goals or do they try and train all their clients the same way?

Exactly.

Hard to evaluate the guy just on the gear question. We have to understand whether he's a competent, responsible trainer. Let me ask, does he have you doing lots and lots of deadlifts and squats?

Back