When you get the cold or flu are your symptoms harsh or just mild?

That's what I said. Having something that texture coming put of my nose made me think I was dying. I was bedridden for about a week. Even my cat looked worried lol.
Did you go to the doctor or what? That is legit scary man. I had bad issues with Bronchitis that mucous build up in the chest from colds, Id hock some nasty ass loogeys man. But I found out about NAC supplement and it will thin the mucous in the lungs so you dont get that nasty coughing it really works but you gotta buy a good brand with top quality.

Did you go to the doctor or what? That is legit scary man. I had bad issues with Bronchitis that mucous build up in the chest from colds, Id hock some nasty ass loogeys man. But I found out about NAC supplement and it will thin the mucous in the lungs so you dont get that nasty coughing it really works but you gotta buy a good brand with top quality.
Urgent care for antibiotics IIRC because I didn't have insurance at the time. Doc did not seem concerned about it, but I was a bit freaked out as I'd never seen anything like it in 30 years of respiratory illnesses.

That's what I said. Having something that texture coming put of my nose made me think I was dying. I was bedridden for about a week. Even my cat looked worried lol.
Sozzles, last sentence cracked me up.

Last time I had bronchitis I didn't even go to the doctor because they were flippin useless. Couldn't do a simple pap smear and when they took my birth control implant out didn't use hardly any anesthetic so it hurt like fuck.

And they had Scientology leaflets in reception.

Sozzles, last sentence cracked me up.

Last time I had bronchitis I didn't even go to the doctor because they were flippin useless. Couldn't do a simple pap smear and when they took my birth control implant out didn't use hardly any anesthetic so it hurt like fuck.

And they had Scientology leaflets in reception.
Blech. When I had tubes put in my ears, one came out naturally and the other burrowed into my ear and the skin grew around it. When they discovered this 20 years later, they pulled it out with a long fucking scalpel.

The pain was catastrophic.

<puh-lease75>

Blech. When I had tubes put in my ears, one came out naturally and the other burrowed into my ear and the skin grew around it. When they discovered this 20 years later, they pulled it out with a long fucking scalpel.

<puh-lease75>
Yiiiikes! Why did you have tubes put in your ears?

<puh-lease75>
wtf Mike, what were they doing to you, is your health okay now?

wtf Mike, what were they doing to you, is your health okay now?
The ENT pulled the you'll feel some slight discomfort bit. I told him straight up don't lie to me dude. You're going in my eardrum with a fucking hook and no anesthetic. Just say prepare yourself, it's gonna hurt like a bitch.

After he pulled it out blood started just streaming out of my ear. I was holding the side of my head and giving him this look

<mma3>

That was the same year I stsrted my incredible journey to figure out wtf was wrong with me. Ended up being fibromyalgia. I also started getting intense migraines around that time.

The ENT pulled the you'll feel some slight discomfort bit. I told him straight up don't lie to me dude. You're going in my eardrum with a fucking hook and no anesthetic. Just say prepare yourself, it's gonna hurt like a bitch.

After he pulled it out blood started just streaming out of my ear. I was holding the side of my head and giving him this look

<mma3>

That was the same year I stsrted my incredible journey to figure out wtf was wrong with me. Ended up being fibromyalgia. I also started getting intense migraines around that time.
Brother I hope they didn't pull out a piece of your brain with that hook in your ears :(

That sounds like grounds for a lawsuit man.

Do you still get migraines?

What was your condition before were you super fit and ate healthy or did you not really workout much and had a crap diet? or is fibromyalgia genetic?

Brother I hope they didn't pull out a piece of your brain with that hook in your ears :(

That sounds like grounds for a lawsuit man.

Do you still get migraines?

What was your condition before were you super fit and ate healthy or did you not really workout much and had a crap diet? or is fibromyalgia genetic?
Definitely more on the sedentary and crap diet side. I was working on the phone in a cubicle at the time. Now I do blue collar work, which stops me from getting fat no matter what I eat.

The migraines come and go, usually when I'm stressed out and not sleeping enough. When I was out of work I got one that had me vomiting for about 10 hours or so. I lost 15 lbs in a single day lol.

Definitely more on the sedentary and crap diet side. I was working on the phone in a cubicle at the time. Now I do blue collar work, which stops me from getting fat no matter what I eat.

The migraines come and go, usually when I'm stressed out and not sleeping enough. When I was out of work I got one that had me vomiting for about 10 hours or so. I lost 15 lbs in a single day lol.
:( bro that sounds horrible vomiting for hours? do you think losing your job and depression aggravated it or what?

Man office jobs are no joke, they will make you lose your gains you get lazy and complacent and only eat fast foods.

Dude I hope you are getting better, how is your diet are you at least cooking your own grub and eating good now?

My brother rarely gets sick but when he does he can deal with it, he just gets a runny nose and a slight sore throat but doesn't get the body aches,I on the other hand I get a super bad sore throat and aching muscles where I can barely move also with a fever and im knocked out in bed.

I got the flu two days ago because some idiot Cambodian guy was coughing in the buffet, there are some idiots who like to go to crowded places sick thinking that in order to get rid of the illness they must transfer it to someone else.

These idiots tick me off.

Luckily I dont have to work tonight or tomorrow so I have a chance to recover but I was stuck in bed the whole day, anyone know any good remedies for the flu? I'm using this Cepacol stuff it helps with the rawness from the sore throat.

right now im just gargling with warm salt water and drinking warm lemon and honey water, I don't have much appetite at all.

When it's mild, it's ain't no flu.

I don't think I've had the "Flu" in about ten years or so. When I did, it kicked my ass. Ironically I caught from going to a Doctor's office for something else. Anyway, Fever, chills, headache, sweating.... I basically had to go to bed and lay under an electric blanket to get warm. Shudder... hope I never have to go through something like that again.

c0c5aa7ad000c621de3be6269a428a11.jpg

I don't think I've had the "Flu" in about ten years or so. When I did, it kicked my ass. Ironically I caught from going to a Doctor's office for something else. Anyway, Fever, chills, headache, sweating.... I basically had to go to bed and lay under an electric blanket to get warm. Shudder... hope I never have to go through something like that again.

c0c5aa7ad000c621de3be6269a428a11.jpg

Most people don't get flu often, you usually develop immunity to that strain even if it mutates your body can fight it off generally with anitbodies. If you encounter strains you never had before you can easily get it multiple times I believe.

Here is a good info on the types of Common Cold viruses, I think the Coronavirus and RSV respiratory syncytial virus colds are more powerful while the Rinovirus is the mild form that doesn't cause severe fatigue and other symptoms and generely go away quickly.

You know the drill. Your throat feels scratchy, you start sneezing and coughing, and pretty soon you're in the grip of a nasty cold. To add insult to injury, all that big-time misery is from a tiny invader -- a living thing called a virus.

And it's not just one you need to dodge. There are more than 200 that can lay you low.

It's likely that someday you'll have a close encounter with one of these types:

There are also a lot of viruses that doctors haven't identified. About 20%-30% of colds in adults are caused by these "unknown" bugs.

How and When They Strike
Cold viruses have a lot in common, but each type has its own style, too.

Rhinovirus. This bunch is most active in early fall, spring, and summer. They cause 10%-40% of colds. You'll feel plenty miserable when you catch one, but the good news is they rarely make you seriously sick.

Coronavirus. These tend to do their dirty work in the winter and early spring. The coronavirus is the cause of about 20% of colds. There are more than 30 kinds, but only three or four affect people.

RSV and parainfluenza. These viruses cause 20% of colds. They sometimes lead to severe infections, like pneumonia, in young children.

:( bro that sounds horrible vomiting for hours? do you think losing your job and depression aggravated it or what?

Man office jobs are no joke, they will make you lose your gains you get lazy and complacent and only eat fast foods.

Dude I hope you are getting better, how is your diet are you at least cooking your own grub and eating good now?
My depression and anxiety were through the roof. I smoke weed to help with that and to help me sleep, but I had to quit temporarily so I could try to pass drug tests. Fuckin never ending war on drugs man.

I was telling my buddy I'd quit but I just get so fucked up when I try to. I'm living with my friend and his wife now, so I'll at least get a home cooked dinner most nights.

My depression and anxiety were through the roof. I smoke weed to help with that and to help me sleep, but I had to quit temporarily so I could try to pass drug tests. Fuckin never ending war on drugs man.

I was telling my buddy I'd quit but I just get so fucked up when I try to. I'm living with my friend and his wife now, so I'll at least get a home cooked dinner most nights.
Hang in there Mike, you live out in Cali?

I havent had a cold or flu since becoming an alcoholic.
For real though when I quit drinking I stopped getting sick. Alcohol must cause havoc on the immune system.

For real though when I quit drinking I stopped getting sick. Alcohol must cause havoc on the immune system.
it does, so does smoking. It takes a toll on your liver which is part of your big immune system organs, the liver is your bodies filter. A lot of alcoholics destroy their liver.

No but I'm in Nevads so fairly close. I actually grew up in socal until around age 8.
I heard those ashes really getting to Nevada from Cali, man my nose is weird now inhaling all those ashes now Im paranoid and thinking I got covids, my nasal passage is raw a gain like that sinus issue thing. We got so many ashes all over here and the sky is brown

I heard those ashes really getting to Nevada from Cali, man my nose is weird now inhaling all those ashes now Im paranoid and thinking I got covids, my nasal passage is raw a gain like that sinus issue thing. We got so many ashes all over here and the sky is brown
Ever since I moved ro the desert my sinuses have been fucked. Feel like I have a mild cold all the time. Get bloody noses and have a raw spot on the inside of my right nostril that never seems to fully heal.

In the valley it's been incredibly smoky. Some days it looks like london fog.

Back