Law When Trump, Schumer, and Pelosi Meet...

giphy.gif

Thats why i said fight informality with more resources.

And you think that will be cheaper than 5 billion on "border security"? To charge/fine citizens who are looking for a cheap part-time and in my case once a year labor project? Sounds almost as promising as the war on drugs. Why stop or legalize drugs coming in, when you can scare the population with stiff fines and jail time. It's working out like you wouldn't believe.

I hope you see where the problem with that would be.

Don't mean to interject in ya'll feud, but If "liberals" were more "libertarian" we'd be in much better shape. Same goes for "conservatives".

Ron Paul is still my boy.

No we wouldn't, nothing libertarians believe in actual actually exists anywhere on earth

No we wouldn't, nothing libertarians believe in actual actually exists anywhere on earth

They believe in unicorns? :p
Well, not prosecuting drugs, non-intervention/nation-building and doing away with heavy taxation are all good ideas in my book. Had we not done the first two, maybe we wouldn't even need these huge tax revenues. The military budget is an absolute travesty IMO. You'd think we're about to be invaded by a superior alien species and everything was on the line.

One of my main reasons for liking Trump is his way of getting people to really speak out their feelings/thoughts and once again he succeeded here. Those two were in front of the cameras and couldn't have any pre-planned responses, their true feelings were coming out little by little there and they couldn’t hide them behind rehearsed responses “let’s discuss that in private?” .....fuck that chuck, I like the public aspect to government that Trump brings

They believe in unicorns? :p
Well, not prosecuting drugs, non-intervention/nation-building and doing away with heavy taxation are all good ideas in my book. Had we not done the first two, maybe we wouldn't even need these huge tax revenues. The military budget is an absolute travesty IMO. You'd think we're about to be invaded by a superior alien species and everything was on the line.

Lol who doesn’t like the idea of no taxes? Applied is something completely different.

That’s the difference between a libertarian and a person who lives in the real world.

I wish aliens visited earth.

Its so obvious schumer is just setting up trump for a sound bite and trump of course falls right into it.

Let's not delude ourselves.

Trump could say, "Nancy is a horse faced whore." and legions of fans would erupt with applause, and Pelosi could say, "Trump has a tiny cawk and a bad comb over." (which she kind of eluded to in the exchange) and legions of fans would erupt in applause.

This isn't "both sideism," (which is a ridiculously misused idea most of the time,) it is the reality that zealotry and indifference is consuming more and more of the cultural divide in America.

Hard to blame the home team, even if Trump takes a dump on home plate, "What do you expect... he was drunk!" we say of our "beloved" statist uncle. Cognitive dissonance for thee, not for me.

Here is the much harder question - how do we get people interested in critical thinking about the other team, and how do we get people interested in having standards of behavior?

The first ought to be simple enough - educate people on how to ask reasonable questions, and to listen first, act later.

The second ought to be simple, but would require a serious cease fire - be reasonable and... point out... bad behavior, if I do that about Trump or Pelosi in a den of the right or left wing, it "doesn't matter" how right or factual I am, the mob will turn off their frontal lobes and pursue the nonbeliever with torches and rope.

@Greoric @Kafir-kun @Trotsky @Ripskater @Hunter Simpson @Devout Pessimist @Cubo de Sangre

I would be especially interested in how to answer the 2nd question - how might we establish, or reestablish differences of opinion and reason in the fractured state of internal "tribal" discussions and divisions.

Real critical thinking and theory to those who do not want to listen, without reflexively thinking pro-Trump, anti-Trump, or anything about Trump, -- no Trump involved - but rather, "I want to convince the intellectuals, leaders, silent majorities of voters, and the open minded to influence, or push the partisans, and activists." How would you build that backbone? How would you instill that maturity? How would you have the order of political reason be restored over the wishes of the political ego? Please give any thoughts you have.

Lol who doesn’t like the idea of no taxes? Applied is something completely different.

That’s the difference between a libertarian and a person who lives in the real world.

Obviously full taxation can't be eliminated, but the premise of lower taxes is not unrealistic. Just look at how we got into deficit- bad foreign policy of intervention + huge military spending. I'm all for streamlining the military as lean as possible. We can reduce the military to twice the size of the next biggest military (which is China/Russia, I believe) and save enough money to rebuild all infrastructure in US within 10 years. And Trump would get his token wall to boot. But no....we are held hostage to the MIC.

And how can taxes be low when poor old Israel has to get 3 billion annually for their defense budget.:cool:

what about not prosecuting drugs?

Do you not understand the areas the Iraelis have walled off is an amount of land that is a fraction of the size of just one of the borders on one of our states and that territory is also highly urbanized and patrolled by one of the most effective armies in the world 24/7 whereas the US border has large sections of uninhabitable desert that humans haven't lived in since humans existed?

I've got a fence around my house and no drugs or illegals get in, I don't see why that won't just scale up 78625x and be just as effective.

Nothing about ethno-nationalism requires isolation. Do you consider Japan to be isolationist? South Korea?

Make no mistake...this is what the argument is all about and what the Trump maga crowd is all about...ethno nationalism. The false assertion that America is a white country or for "white " looking people. The assertions that America is a post racial society is false and has been proven false these past few years.

Native Americans (Hispanics) need to take notice.

@Rational Poster Tell you what, I'll even pay for it if you agree to an account and IP bet. That means when we find out how dim you are, you can fuck off from wasting everyone's time on here forever.

I'll do better and not force the account bet. I'll pay for the test (if it's really as cheap as you said) and there is really no excuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back