When is the right time to put up your Christmas tree and decorations?

I actually put up one of those small charlie brown novelty trees for fun.

Our family always gets together so my parents put their tree up.

I find that, for me, it usually depends on whether or not I'm romantically involved with someone at the time. It's always fun to take the girlfriend to get the tree and then make an event of putting it up.

But my love life has been in tatters for the past several years, so no tree. Though this year I am considering getting one anyway since I haven't had one in quite a while.

I remember an episode of Roseanne: Dan and some friends are unboxing Christmas lights. Guy says, "You know, Dan, this would be a lot easier if you took the time to properly wrap these when you boxed then up." Dan replies, "Yeah, like that's how I want to spend my easter Sunday."

Day after Thanksgiving is acceptable but I always wait till the first week of Dec.

Both questions have the same answer.
When she says.

Haven't had any decorations since 1980. My Christmas elves keep threatening to bring some. I usually play some Christmas videos from YouTube.

Last edited:
Also, when should they be put away for the year? One year, we left ours up till spring break.
First week of January for tree, second week for lights however, white lights could stay up for awhile or quite possibly the whole damn year:)
Edit: What color were the lights you left up till spring break?

December 24th, take em down December 26th.

Never put mine up until first or second week of December. Didn't realize so many people already put them up.

All you Mayberrians, When is the right time to put up your Christmas tree and decorations?

tumblr_nzbtmpqLwB1rc0yuao1_250.gif
leglamp12.jpg

Also, when should they be put away for the year? One year, we left ours up till spring break.

Discuss.....

Right after ThanksGiving

Day after Thanksgiving
But I say anytime during the last week of November
Yeah I thought people knew this already, right after Thanksgiving you put up your Christmas decorations and lightings, our family normally puts the Christmas Tree up on December 1st, but the decorations and lighting we used to put them up right after thanksgiving, but we don't decorate outside anymore just put up the tree and it smells so good, I love the Christmas tree smell.

I usually put everything up the first of December and take it down the first of January. Too much hassle to put it up just for a week or two.

I concur with the day after Thanksgiving. That has always been what my family has considered to officially be the beginning of the Christmas season. We would go out to a tree farm and cut down our Christmas tree that weekend.

Same here, we put our Christmas decorations lightnings up right after Thanksgiving, and get the Tree the first week of December, we don't remove the tree and decorations until after new years Jan 2nd or 3rd.

Thats the basic tradition for the majority of Americans over 30.

Back