When is the last time you used a payphone?

RawHawg

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I was just thinking it's been so long for me I can't recall. I still see them occasionally. Just the thought of putting a public phone up to the ear and mouth seems really gross now, although in the 90s and earlier it wouldn't have bothered me. Also, for anyone who has used one recently, did you pay with coins or a credit/debit card?

I haven't paid to make a call in years, but I still dial O when I walk by one and sexually harass the operator until they hang up.

I was in nyc with a dead phone and couldn't even figure out how to use the payphone. I went back in tge bar and used the bartenders phone

I haven't paid to make a call in years, but I still dial O when I walk by one and sexually harass the operator until they hang up.

Even when it's a man?

edit: nvm, just noticed your nickname. i guess you don't care

2000 I think it was, maybe 1999. My great aunt died, so I had to ring from a Hong Kong payphone in an MTR station to England to talk to her daughters.

I landed in a country where i had no SIM card and couldn't connect to the wifi for some reason.

I suppose I could have used my phone with roaming charges but decided to use the payphone at the airport to call the person who was suposed to pick me up.

Hell, I couldn’t even tell you the last time I saw a payphone.

I can't remember, but that's more down to me being a more face to face conversationalist, as I don't own a cell/mobile phone either.

In 2007 when I was in Guatemala and had no other way to call home.

The last time I used one in the US though? Shit. The last time I remember using one was in the early 90s at a Cracker Barrell. Dinner was running long and I was getting bored so I went and called my grandmother just to chat.

In 2007 when I was in Guatemala and had no other way to call home.

The last time I used one in the US though? Shit. The last time I remember using one was in the early 90s at a Cracker Barrell. Dinner was running long and I was getting bored so I went and called my grandmother just to chat.

I don't care if you're an atheist, you're going to heaven, bruh.

I was just thinking it's been so long for me I can't recall. I still see them occasionally. Just the thought of putting a public phone up to the ear and mouth seems really gross now, although in the 90s and earlier it wouldn't have bothered me. Also, for anyone who has used one recently, did you pay with coins or a credit/debit card?
when i was like 3 maybe lol.

It was November 28, 2013. I had just, 1 hour previously, finished a treacherous trip through the Rocky Mountains taking some young Australians to a mountain resort. They were there to begin a season as lifties.

For the next 5 months they would have the time of their lives, I assume. Lifties by day, party animals by night. It's a tale as old as time.

However for me, I had to drive back late at night through a dangerous passage in the mountains in a blizzard. At one point I almost hit a deer running across the highway. He looked at me, accusingly. 5 minutes later I came across a road check. The police officer asked me "Are you sure you want to be on this highway tonight."

I did not.

So I went to a 7-11.

I used the pay phone there to call someone and tell them that the blizzard was too much. I wouldn't make it back to the hotel I was supposed to stay at that night. I just wanted people to know that I was ok. I found a local motel and had shelter for the night.

Turned out nobody noticed, or cared.

Such is life.

3 months ago it was pagers
2 months ago payphones at the towers but they be broke all the time
now its burners all way

posted via burner

I'm old but I have never used a payphone in my life. We didn't have a phone at home until I was 12.

Back