When is Michael Venom Page going to fight someone decent?

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Seriously, dude has a huge win streak and for some reason still hasn't been given someone ranked.
Really looking forward to seeing him against an actual opponent.

Isn't his next fight against semtex?

Gonzalez is a good fighter but they both looked like shit in that fight.

We were asking this 5 years ago. Time to just accept he will take as long as possible. He also is starting a boxing career now.

Gonzalez and Rainey are decent. Don’t talk about things you don’t know about.

Page is really blowing up now cuz' he's starting to get the people who think anyone ranked outside of the top-10 aren't even "decent" to follow him.
The next step are the people who call guys ranked in the top-10 cans and guys in the top-3/5 who've gotten a few title shots "gatekeepers-- good, but not really that great".

He's fought some decent opponents already, all that is missing is a star-making performance against a highly-touted opponent. A highlight reel KO against someone like Koreshkov would seal the deal for him.

He took that into account. Dude needs to fight some of the highest ranked Bellator opponents next. Abt 3-4 fights ago he proved he was at least the same level but probably better than the likes of Gonzalez and Rainey. He has had an easy road so far, for someone who is so talented

They are okay. Not ranked in the top 20 though, which is odd for a guy with such a huge win streak.
Don't be an ass-hat when you don't have to be.

They are okay. Not ranked in the top 20 though, which is odd for a guy with such a huge win streak.
Don't be an ass-hat when you don't have to be.

What IS the top 20? And then who’s top 20? I’d like to see that and know why Gonzalez isn’t in it..which means I’d especially like to know why MVP isn’t in it.

I’m not saying he doesnt do mostly showcase fights and he isn’t very active..but there are not 20 active WWs better than him in strength of resume... and there isn’t an objective case that there are 20 WW better than Gonzalez who has won 7 of his last 8 fights against pretty decent competition with Page being the only wrench.

He's going to have an absolute Askren of a career *shrug* Beats getting beaten to a pulp in the UFC I suppose.

at this point they should just fast track him and skip the mid-tier guys. we know he can beat the lower tier guys, the older mid-tier guys probably don't want to fight him because of where they are at in their careers. We saw how he did against Rainey and Cyborg already, so just put him with the tops guys. A top contender fight and see how he does and then go from there.

He's fought some decent opponents already, all that is missing is a star-making performance against a highly-touted opponent. A highlight reel KO against someone like Koreshkov would seal the deal for him.

Koreshkov would push his shit in. I'd imagine the reason he does pull out of big fights or accept so many low level opponents is he can make more and enjoys more to highlight reel KO guys who aren't very good.

Gonzalez is a very good but not great fighter and see how akward it was? Going back you had Burrell who was in the UFC right before that and even though he won, it was a similar, ugly, unimpressive performance.

I thinks theres a very good chance he goes the way of Brandon Thatch when he starts fighting the actual top guys in Bellator, like Lima, Koreshkov, or Rory. Even the next ring down with Semtex and Larkin will give him problems like Gonzalez did.

Koreshkov would push his shit in. I'd imagine the reason he does pull out of big fights or accept so many low level opponents is he can make more and enjoys more to highlight reel KO guys who aren't very good.

Gonzalez is a very good but not great fighter and see how akward it was? Going back you had Burrell who was in the UFC right before that and even though he won, it was a similar, ugly, unimpressive performance.

I thinks theres a very good chance he goes the way of Brandon Thatch when he starts fighting the actual top guys in Bellator, like Lima, Koreshkov, or Rory. Even the next ring down with Semtex and Larkin will give him problems like Gonzalez did.

I agree with all of the above, I was just suggesting that it's now or never for MVP and that Bellator should actually give him the opportunity to face someone near the title picture if they truly want to establish him as one of the stars of the company. I'd be really interested in watching a fight between him and Chidi Njokuani to see how he stacks up and what he could do against that kind of opponent.

I agree with all of the above, I was just suggesting that it's now or never for MVP and that Bellator should actually give him the opportunity to face someone near the title picture if they truly want to establish him as one of the stars of the company. I'd be really interested in watching a fight between him and Chidi Njokuani to see how he stacks up and what he could do against that kind of opponent.
Chidi is fighting at MW. I want to see him against this guy (Bellator signed him)

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Yaroslav-Amosov-104911

MVP ducked Brennan Ward for years. I bet he will duck Daley any time Bellator brings it up again in the future.

I think MVPs MMA career is pretty much over. He hasn't fought MMA in over a year, and no plans to anytime soon. He will probably keep boxing and stay away from Bellator. The MVP hype train is going to die soon.

MVP ducked Brennan Ward for years. I bet he will duck Daley any time Bellator brings it up again in the future.

I think MVPs MMA career is pretty much over. He hasn't fought MMA in over a year, and no plans to anytime soon. He will probably keep boxing and stay away from Bellator. The MVP hype train is going to die soon.
MVP beat two guys who kicked Wards ass and he's about to fight a 3rd(Daley). I'm sure he's shaking in his boots at the idea of a Ward fight.

Back