When is Michael Venom Page going to fight someone decent?

MVP beat two guys who kicked Wards ass and he's about to fight a 3rd(Daley). I'm sure he's shaking in his boots at the idea of a Ward fight.

MVP only got the W against Gonzalez because the judges played favorites. Gonzalez could have easily taken that decision with different judges. Also Gonzalez didn't kick wards ass. Ward was beating Gonzalez the entire fight before getting subbed because he shot for a lazy takedown.

As for Cyborg, Cyborg got a lucky sub against Ward. Ward would KO MVP if they ever fought, which is why MVP has historically ran from him.

MVP only got the W against Gonzalez because the judges played favorites. Gonzalez could have easily taken that decision with different judges. Also Gonzalez didn't kick wards ass. Ward was beating Gonzalez the entire fight before getting subbed because he shot for a lazy takedown.

As for Cyborg, Cyborg got a lucky sub against Ward. Ward would KO MVP if they ever fought, which is why MVP has historically ran from him.
"Gonzalez could have easily taken that decision with different judges."

"Cyborg got a lucky sub against Ward."

B ahan.gif

At this point I dont know if its gonna happen. Now he's boxing and shit, who knows what he's gonna do with his mma career.

MVP/Daley is the fight to make, it should happen, it would be a perfect fight to headline a card in UK. No excuse for it not to happen.

He's looked like bellators version of Anderson Silvia except for that 1 boring fight but still bellator ain't make ANY big fights so disappointing

Remember when Silvia has those shit fights with Maia and leites ya it can happen with any fighter

I wasn't sure if the move to middleweight was permanent or just a one-off,.
It's permanent. He had to do catchweight his last 3 fights because he couldn't make 170lbs

MVP was one of the guys I really loved to watch before he blew up. Similar to Ben Askren, he's a stud that is one of those guys you wonder how he matches up with higher ranked guys. I gave him a couple years to train a decent TDD/BJJ defense, but it seems like it never happened. It's frustrating to be a fan of a fighter who fights so infrequently and never seems to challenge himself. Perhaps it's Bellator not giving him matches or MVP doesn't care to push for a fight he is unsure of.

Either way, the dude is getting older now and we're into his prime, I expected he would be in UFC after mopping the floor with these guys. It's so sad not to see him reach potential. Will be excited for the day he takes high level fights, but not holding my breath waiting anymore. Perhaps he's barely squeaking by these mid-range fighters he doubts himself to do better. Maybe he's focusing on boxing. But I hope he changes his fight frequency up and has spent this time getting ready for the top. If I come back and he's 38, undefeated with can match ups I'm going to be so angry almost. Have high hopes for him, I think he can pull off the stuff against higher skilled opponents if he has confidence to match it. With decent range and tdd, he can be champion Bellator/UFC. He just needs to do it!

MVP was one of the guys I really loved to watch before he blew up. Similar to Ben Askren, he's a stud that is one of those guys you wonder how he matches up with higher ranked guys. I gave him a couple years to train a decent TDD/BJJ defense, but it seems like it never happened. It's frustrating to be a fan of a fighter who fights so infrequently and never seems to challenge himself. Perhaps it's Bellator not giving him matches or MVP doesn't care to push for a fight he is unsure of.

Either way, the dude is getting older now and we're into his prime, I expected he would be in UFC after mopping the floor with these guys. It's so sad not to see him reach potential. Will be excited for the day he takes high level fights, but not holding my breath waiting anymore. Perhaps he's barely squeaking by these mid-range fighters he doubts himself to do better. Maybe he's focusing on boxing. But I hope he changes his fight frequency up and has spent this time getting ready for the top. If I come back and he's 38, undefeated with can match ups I'm going to be so angry almost. Have high hopes for him, I think he can pull off the stuff against higher skilled opponents if he has confidence to match it. With decent range and tdd, he can be champion Bellator/UFC. He just needs to do it!

Ya why doesn't he fight in bellator no one wants to see him in boxing he can't even kick in boxing or knee some of his main weapons

Ya why doesn't he fight in bellator no one wants to see him in boxing he can't even kick in boxing or knee some of his main weapons
the move to boxing seems money based. I know kickboxing is low money. MMA/Boxing make most money. Seems like he wants to crush cans in both sports and take paychecks sadly. Would love to be wrong here. Although I am most interested in seeing him test his striking at the highest levels.

Back