When does white privilege kick in?

76Knockout

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Not a troll attempt, for those who believe in such a thing. When do I get it? And in what form does it come?

I asked a now ex gf what my white privilege was and she said "have you been shot by a police officer?"

I said no which apparently meant I was in possession of white privilege.

Currently 29 (been white straight male all 29 years)

So when do I get it? Or do I already have it? Born with it?

Discuss.

You didn’t get your card and welcome package in the mail???

Ain't no white privilege, just green privilege. And white people got more of it.

Go figure, Barack Hussein Obama became POTUS, and afterwards white privilege appeared.

Not a troll attempt, for those who believe in such a thing. When do I get it? And in what form does it come?

I asked a now ex gf what my white privilege was and she said "have you been shot by a police officer?"

Discuss.

You see, just because you’re white, doesn’t mean you have white privilege, but you still have white privilege.

Ancient liberal paradox

In sales, and when applying for credit, buying assets. White sales people are taken much seriously making their job easier. Asians are behind them but still pretty good. When they walk into a bank, they are taken more seriously. Along with that comes buying assets and building wealth through investment. Like a white boy have an easy peazy time buying condo in an Asian nabe, than a black person would. Trust me, I am in asian in the RE industry, even though I only do rentals. Those are just some examples.

Discuss.

but are you also christian? What branch?

You should have asked or ex if every black person gets shot by cops.

White privilege doesn't exist. We know this.

Discuss.

Just as you turn from white to Asian.

You should have asked or ex if every black person gets shot by cops.

White privilege doesn't exist. We know this.
I told her my best friend at my work (my superior who happens to be black) hasn't been shot yet and she didn't have a retort.

Sounds like you need to study up on intersectionality. If you don't start to become self loathing when faced with such high scholarly work your probably not just one of the deplorables but actually included in that special hand basket of irredeemable deplorables.

When the crew is chaining down equipment at 3:30am, and it's blowing and raining, I remind them of white private and how becoming self loathing is their only chance of redemption. I don't think it's working at all. They all own guns and like to hunt so I think it's a hopeless situation.

You simply don't understand TS.

You are a white male. The privilege you experience is not measured in life experience. It is measured in perceived life experience. IE: Fantasy. IE:Reality to Liberals.

If you happen to find yourself living anything but a privileged life, you are simple delusional, or a Liberal. Pick one.

Yada yada.... <JagsKiddingMe>

Melodramatic puddles of faux Caucasian persecution due to not having enough apparent privilege are about as white privilege as you can get. The only way to make this a more privilege-y wet mess of a thread would be to post it while rollerblading 10 years ago.

Back