When did you start losing interest in Pro Wrestling?

I first stopped watching when Triple H was just running through everyone. So that was around 2002/2003. What brought me back was when Foley had that feud with Orton. So I was hooked again in 2004. I finally stopped watching for good in 2009.

Trips burying everyone during his reign of terror was bad. Doubly so because Steph was involved. It does suck because in normal doses he's a great heel, just way too much. Really hurt the growth of both new faces and heels.

I don't recall him or Steph ever getting any major comeuppance either.

Trips burying everyone during his reign of terror was bad. Doubly so because Steph was involved. It does suck because in normal doses he's a great heel, just way too much. Really hurt the growth of both new faces and heels.

I don't recall him or Steph ever getting any major comeuppance either.

I think the pinnacle of his reign of terror was that awful racial story line with Booker T at Wrestle-mania 19. Not only did he end up beating Booker, but he gave him a pedigree and then took what felt like eternity to actually roll over and pin him.

I think the pinnacle of his reign of terror was that awful racial story line with Booker T at Wrestle-mania 19. Not only did he end up beating Booker, but he gave him a pedigree and then took what felt like eternity to actually roll over and pin him.

Yeah that was terrible. Booker was probably never going to be a Rock, Cena, Stone Cold, ect, but he was more than capable of holding the belt for a bit.

Once Stone Cold and the Rock were done, I slowly checked out. Taker was always my favorite but I felt he never got his due as the top dog. I couldn't be bothered to watch anything with Cena, I fucking can't stand him. CM Punk is even worse, can't imagine a singular reason why anyone would listen to that skinny fat dork. His persona is trash and boring, he's not a good wrestler. Those guys made sure I didn't watch for years and the boys I caught of them recently tell me it was the right decision. Glad I missed all the super PG fruity stuff as well.

Just got into it again lately, and it's fun. Getting a packed house with all the youngins from the family together for them to watch an event is a great time. I don't watch religiously but I'll watch major PPV's. I love the Royal Rumble. Roman is awesome. Seth is fruitier than toucan shit. McIntyre is an absolute monster, Gunter is the real deal. I really don't think Roman will get his due for a long time. He's so much better than everyone right now him dropping the belt to Cody seems wrong.

First time after the wCw/ecw invsion ended
Second time after super cena beat lashley to retain the wwe title
Third tied time after Jinder lost to AJ for the title

Somewhere between when I grew up and when wrestling grew up

I've watched pro-wrestling since I can remember. Some of my earliest memories are around pro-wrestling. I didn't think I'd ever stop watching..

I distinctly remember Triple H humping that dead body with a Kane mask and asking myself "Am I over pro-wrestling? Have I just out-grown it?" and feeling sad.

I was checked out during the Cena/Edge.. and whatever else was going on during that time, era.

Somewhere between when I grew up and when wrestling grew up
Basically I was out of watching new wrestling between the end of attitude era and about 2 months before WM30.

I watched from WM2 as a very young kid all the way up until a little after the Benoit murders happened. I just lost interest after. I got heavily into MMA and that pretty much replaced pro-wrestling for me.

The politics, announcing and just obnoxious nature of wrestling just kinda worn thin. They treated their audience like idiots and it was insulting. The more MMA I watched, the less wrestling I watched until I just stopped completely.

I still somewhat keep up with the news because the gossip is fun but I rarely tune in. I did watch tonight and thought the main event was tremendous story telling but I could never see myself watching regularly. Just every now and then is fun and I can still appreciate a good match.

I started watching it hardcore in 1990. I would also buy pro wrestling illustrated and try to learn all I could about behind the scenes type shit.

Around 1994 - 95 I started to get bored of it. It got stale. My fav heels became babyfaces and the angles and gimmicks were stupid. I fell out of it.

in 1997 my cousin told me to watch ECW, which i had always wanted to see cos of pics from Pro wrestling illustrated when i was into it. I still didnt think I'd like it but i watched one episode and was completley hooked.

Of course, the attitude era and monday night wars was also happening here. So i dove right back into it all. I would go to all the Queens ECW shows and even some at the Arena and Staten Island and Poughkipsee.

Around the time ECW got on TNN in 1999 or 2000 I got bored again. ECW was a shadow of its former self, Trying to be a normal wrestling company. Taz left. Sabu left. Mike Awesome left. RVD got injured. I still watched but I wasnt hooked anymore.

Since those times i had only been into this stuff periodically. Listening to podcasts and shoot interviews from the good times. This Bloodline angle though, and MJF kinda got me back into things again. I'll never be as into it as I was in the past. Im an old man now. I dont have any urge to go to any live events. But I think the pro wrestling world is unique strange and wonderful an i'll always be into it to some degree.

The attitude era had alot of stupid shit in it too.

But the stuff with The Rock,Mankind,Austin and the Mcmahons...Kurt Angle etc. was GOLD.

I lost interest around 2006/7 when Cena was taking over because I couldn't stand him.

Came back when Punk made me interested again sometime around 2010 or 11 i think. I stopped caring again sometime around 2014 or 15. Started watching again during Covid and it was brutal with no fans. The bloodline storyline was a pretty interesting storyline that got me back again.

Easily the Triple H reign of terror, he also had like a years worth of feud with Shawn Michaels for the title if I remember correctly.

I quit watching around 2000 but recently watched the Dark Side of The Ring documentary and the nostalgia got me to tune into Wrestlemania this weekend. I was surprised how much fun it was. I don't know any of these new guys but that Seth Rollins entrance was pretty sweet and the overbooked main event was like watching in the good old days. Might even go watch Raw in KC now in a few weeks.

Taker was always my favorite but I felt he never got his due as the top dog.
Yeah but taker was a special attraction. He never needed the belt. The streak was enough.

Around 2011 i stopped watching completely. Would read the results, but didnt care enough to go out of the way to watch.

Started kinda getting back into it around 2018, then stopped again up until a few months ago. Loving alot of what theyre doing now though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back