When did you start losing interest in Pro Wrestling?

About 2000. WCW was on the way out and WWF was just guys coming to the ring and saying their catchphrases. The Rock and Road Dogg are probably the main reason I stopped - God, they were excruciating.

Completly stopped watching when wwe put the titles on miz, cm puke and db
Eat shit wwe.. will stop if they put cave into th shit CAn fans who want stardust to win over ROMAN.

Full time about 2005 or 06. When Cena came into prominece. I went to a couple of shows in 06 and WM 24, but largely tuned out. I follow the PWD to keep tabs on it because they're the best. :D

When WWE/WWF turned into a circus. Stupid characters like Baseball Schwartz, Duke the Dumpster, The Repo man, Skinner.

For me It started when Hogan and the old garuds took over TNA and ran it into the ground.
But after the end of Lucha Underground I said F this
Part of me wants to go back but I think im too old for this shit.
Man, ROH and MLW (which I would watch on occasion when got my hands on content) and UFC on SPIKE basically made me follow TNA from day 1 when it aired on SPIKE (since I was familiar with the indie talents and vets).

TNA and indie stuff was me revisiting my childhood. As a kid basically I stopped watching wrestling when I started chasing girls and took sports very seriously. So 15 or so I quit. In college I would watch it on occasion when roommates had it on Monday nights or something.

Then around 2010 Hogan and them came along and the same happened with me. I never touched it again. For me I’m not some super fan or anything it’s just like filler content for me when I’m multi tasking or a good tv show to fall asleep to. My default sleep tv for a long time was adult swim or wrestling. Why? Because I can’t fall asleep to something like breaking bad or BSG where I’ll stay up all night wanting more.

2005 was a good time for TNA. It was before the streaming boom and we didn't have an overwhelming amount of content like now.

Last edited:
Also when I was little kid lol…….. I remember watching Saturday Nights Main Event and Zeus attacking Hogan and Jessie Ventura saying “he’s mad Vince he lost on the movies” and even my impressionable child brain questioned the validity of that statement. “How could they make a movie together if they want to always fight and hate each other”…….. it didn’t make sense to me at all because Zeus was suppose to be this character (like Undertaker or Kamala) that’s just a pure killing machine not someone who becomes normal to make movies.

Stopped after the attitude era, caught glimpses throughout the years. Guess I'm hyped for Wrestlemania, I honestly have no idea about 90% of the current roster or who they are. Gunther to me, looks like a 2.0 Steven Regal

I completely stopped watching wrestling for 10+ years after Wrestlemania 20.

Long story short - I went into Army Basic Training and the event happened 2 weeks into the 9 weeks, and I avoided spoilers for a few more weeks until the DVD of the event was released.

I was 1000% hyped up for my #1 dream match and I paid $30 for the DVD just to see it.

Goldberg VS Brock Lesnar with Steve Austin with the ref.

Needless to say... I was royally pissed off.
Had no idea both were quitting the industry after.
Didn't bother to watch ANY pro-wrestling for 10+ years... with the exception of the two ECW One Night Stand PPVs & the first two weeks of the WWE/ECW show on SciFi.

What got me back into Wrestling? Sasha Banks. She's the best female wrestler I've ever seen.
She's so great she made Ronda Rousey look great. I still haven't actually sat down to watch any wrestling TV shows, I just watch the highlights but I do usually watch the PPVs when I hear they're good.

For me It started when Hogan and the old garuds took over TNA and ran it into the ground.
But after the end of Lucha Underground I said F this
Part of me wants to go back but I think im too old for this shit.

- You're never too old to watch handsome muscular men in speedos!

I completely stopped watching wrestling for 10+ years after Wrestlemania 20.

Long story short - I went into Army Basic Training and the event happened 2 weeks into the 9 weeks, and I avoided spoilers for a few more weeks until the DVD of the event was released.

I was 1000% hyped up for my #1 dream match and I paid $30 for the DVD just to see it.

Goldberg VS Brock Lesnar with Steve Austin with the ref.

Needless to say... I was royally pissed off.
Had no idea both were quitting the industry after.
Didn't bother to watch ANY pro-wrestling for 10+ years... with the exception of the two ECW One Night Stand PPVs & the first two weeks of the WWE/ECW show on SciFi.

What got me back into Wrestling? Sasha Banks. She's the best female wrestler I've ever seen.
She's so great she made Ronda Rousey look great. I still haven't actually sat down to watch any wrestling TV shows, I just watch the highlights but I do usually watch the PPVs when I hear they're good.

- I like Sasha. Ronda sucked thought!

For me, it was when ECW folded and Vince bought WCW. So, right around 2000.

I've tried to give the product a few tries in recent years, but I just haven't been able to get into modern wrestling.

Went from die hard to casual at 18 (2000) Completely stopped watching at 23 (2005)

Last edited:
After a few years. When you've seen some matches and some storylines it just gets too repetitive especially with so many weekly shows and so many big events. You don't even care about big match ups anymore because you know they will probably have five rematches the next months.

Loved WCW and WWE for a few years. Then got excited about the crazy stuff they did in TNA and ROH for a few years. Then stopped watching.

Still sometimes interesting to check the news and discussions like now with the Cody situation.

For me, it was when ECW folded and Vince bought WCW. So, right around 2000.

I've tried to give the product a few tries in recent years, but I just haven't been able to get into modern wrestling.

And Vince buried the WCW guys so I started watching WWE while basically hating WWE. Not a perfect start lol.

Back