When did the Metrosexual hijack the beard?

Michael13

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
You know these pricks...take a walk outside and you'll see him on every street. He's got a perfectly manicured beard, his haircut is the shaved sides with the floppy combed back bit on the top.

When did this look become the new 'masculine'?

When I was growing up, the men in my life never so much as trimmed their beards, it grew out as nature intended.

Probably part of a counterculture to reject the notion that being a “man” is somehow defined by a quasi internal excel spreadsheet checklist.

If I had to guess the timeline of appropriation, I’d guess the beard was stolen sometime between when the gay community started calling their bearded chubbies “bears” and when Duck Dynasty first aired.

I also when was there a time when it was socially acceptable to look like a slob.

You ever see pics from the 1950s. Everybofy wore suits and did their hair.

When was this fictitious time the TS speaks of

Last edited:
At least 5 years or so, I see pretty dudes with beards all the time these days. Shit, seems like everyone has a beard of some sort now.

A beard is for a man with a weak jaw.

Edit: except for Bronn of course

I hear you mate and agree 100%. Another thing that really fucks me off is these sissy office working poofters that wear work boots with their rolled up slim fit jeans as a fashion statement. What a bunch of try hard fuckwits.

tumblr_maanbd4Usj1rrn4udo1_400.jpg

"What Your Look Says About You."

High priority stuff right here.

You gotta wave the freak flag loud and proud to alert your own kind.

I always have a beard. It's more of a neckbeard though. I've never really done anything to it except cut it back down to stubble every couple of weeks because I can't deal with itchiness

I'm 5'8 and European though so arguably I'm not manly enough to deserve a beard

I always have a beard. It's more of a neckbeard though. I've never really done anything to it except cut it back down to stubble every couple of weeks because I can't deal with itchiness

I'm 5'8 and European though so arguably I'm not manly enough to deserve a beard

You look good to me.

Monslisaesque
306181.jpg

Back