When did Fedor lose his prime?

That was November 2008. Losing a Sambo match was certainly an indication that Fedor wasn't the same anymore but I think the decline started earlier, 2007-ish.

Never watched his Sambo matches

What was the loss like?

Was it well fought?

close?

against a big name?

???

Great post, really put some effort into this.
<This7>

You'd be surprised. Other than uploading that gif I made a couple years ago and spending two minutes watching the Lindland fight, it was just stuff off the top of my head.

You'd be surprised. Other than uploading that gif I made a couple years ago and spending two minutes watching the Lindland fight, it was just stuff off the top of my head.

The fact that you can articulate a coherent thought on Sherdog is worth celebration

Well he was tested by WADA during his sambo competitions and never popped and was tested in the US and passed when others were popped.

So he may have done peds in Pride it will never be known for sure but if he did it was against other guys who were on the same stuff.

Not like ol jonny no backbone jones.
WADA does not do testing. They just create standards.

Why can't us humans have just ONE thing almost mythical to enjoy in life? Imagine Fedor absolutely bulldozed Werdum after knocking him down and took him out within a minute. Then KO'd Overeem. Then retired. We'd forever be able to enjoy memories of something legends are made of...

Fedor won the Pride FC HW championship belt in 2003 which was equivalent to winning the UFC HW championshup belt today. ago.

He defended the belt against the most feared HW in the world and top contender Mirko Cro Cop in 2005. Thats when Fedor looked his best IMO. Best mixture of speed, power, endurance, balance, aggression, youth and fight IQ. That was his PRIME.

He had some great moments after that and even some flashes of brilliance but by 2007 Fedor was clearly no longer in his prime and on the downswing of his greatness.

It was around Hunt. He both didn't care about that fight and was clearly slower. Lindland and HMC didn't challenge him and he just rushed Sylvia. He was noticeable slower against Arlovski and Rogers. Beyond that, his training declined.

I'd say around Arlovski, yeah it was a great finish but Arlovski fought like a dope.

Why can't us humans have just ONE thing almost mythical to enjoy in life? Imagine Fedor absolutely bulldozed Werdum after knocking him down and took him out within a minute. Then KO'd Overeem. Then retired. We'd forever be able to enjoy memories of something legends are made of...
Imagine Fedor retired in 2009 (10 years fighting the best around) right after choking Big Tim and knocking out both Arlovski and Rogers, defending his WAMMA Heavyweight belt in that last fight and ending with a 31-1 record (while we all know the Kohsaka loss was BS).

Who in the world would doubt Fedor's GOAT-ness then?

What if we act as if Fedor indeed retired in 2009 and nothing happened after? :D

Arlovski fight, he was losing and didn't look good until Arlovski went for that silly flying knee

When he was hugged by a entourage of priests and stuff after
the Arlovski fight, I thought he lost focus

Arlovski fight was the end. He was on his way to losing when he landed one big shot. Since that fight, he has been looking for nothing but one big shot.

Fedor won the Pride FC HW championship belt in 2003 which was equivalent to winning the UFC HW championshup belt today. ago.

He defended the belt against the most feared HW in the world and top contender Mirko Cro Cop in 2005. Thats when Fedor looked his best IMO. Best mixture of speed, power, endurance, balance, aggression, youth and fight IQ. That was his PRIME.

He had some great moments after that and even some flashes of brilliance but by 2007 Fedor was clearly no longer in his prime and on the downswing of his greatness.

LMAO

Once he stopped chaining the stand up with the throws and ground game utilizing explosive ground n pound

I think it started in the Arlovski fight (he lost the speed and power), but who knows, maybe it started in the Sylvia fight we just didn't had time to see it.

Back