When did Fedor lose his prime?

before Arlowski imo

Against the pitbull he fought like a kickboxer... even against Crocop he was mixing it beautifully.
He is not a grappler anymore, its like if Khabib learn how to box and stop doing his beatiful wrestling transitions

I feel like not enough people talk about the transition from ring to cage. EVERY pride fighter had issues in their first fight in the UFC, and I wouldn't chalk it up to UFC jitters and more so the landscape and the footwork drastically changes in that space. For example, Mirko was great at cornering his man with minimal movement, but you saw in the UFC people just kept circling to their left in large sweeping motions that would have assuredly got them cornered in Pride. Even though many fighters felt the transition would not be an issue, it simply is/was for almost every pride fighter who immediately jumped to the UFC.
Yes you're right but he was done when he entered cage

Chuck was in prime when he fought in pride

I think cage played a big factor in decline but I don't like as soon as pride guys fought UFC they lost it was 2007

Wand fedor nog cro cop all veterans and on decline

Same as UFC boys Tito chuck Hughes vitor

You make good points on first fight in cage

Fedor vs rogers fedor looked out of his world

Fedor won the Pride FC HW championship belt in 2003 which was equivalent to winning the UFC HW championshup belt today. ago.

He defended the belt against the most feared HW in the world and top contender Mirko Cro Cop in 2005. Thats when Fedor looked his best IMO. Best mixture of speed, power, endurance, balance, aggression, youth and fight IQ. That was his PRIME.

He had some great moments after that and even some flashes of brilliance but by 2007 Fedor was clearly no longer in his prime and on the downswing of his greatness.

HIs fight against Crocop was beautiful to watch.

When he was hugged by a entourage of priests and stuff after
the Arlovski fight, I thought he lost focus
Woah but his priest is a bad ass and apparently a drunk ass idiot too

Google translate:

A priest from the Moscow region, Vladimir Gavrilov, famous on the Internet thanks to the TV item about his behavior after an accident in the Nizhny Novgorod region, blamed his twin brother, REN-TV reported.

The drunk man caused an accident, and then tried to leave the scene. When the offender was detained, he began swearing and grabbed the gun, and later claimed to be a priest. The man could barely stand on his feet and could not speak coherently, and in his car several bottles of alcohol were found.

As explained at Gazete.ru, the press service of the State Ministry of Interior in the Nizhny Novgorod region, the administrative violations by Vladimir Gavrilov were directed to one of the suburban courts.

Vladimir Gavrilov, who caused the accident, is rector of the church in the Seriev Posad district of Moscow region.

When TV reporters came to the priest at his house near Moscow, they were met by a man in a cassock who said that the perpetrator of the accident was not at home, that it was his twin brother. But neighbors said that no brother of the priest lives there.

According to Gazeta.ru, the priest previously lived in Nizhny Novgorod, but about 10 years ago moved to the suburbs, where since 2009 he has been rector of St. Sergius of Radonezh wooden church near "Gremyachiy key."

We also know that he is the spiritual adviser of Russian fighter Fedor Emelianenko - the priest traveled with him to the United States. It is possible that expensive property Gavrilov received a gift from wealthy believers make pilgrimages to the spring "Gremyachiy key."

It is noteworthy that on the website of the City Court of Sergiev Posad, you can find information about administrative proceedings, under which a Gavrilov VN in February 2012, was brought to administrative responsibility for leaving the scene of an accident and deprived a driving license for one year. Whether it's rector, unknown - in the text of the detailed facts of the case, including personal data of participants are not given, the newspaper notes.

http://www.rosbalt.ru/moscow/2015/02/06/1365457.html

I think in the Mark Hunt fight he didn't look as physically as explosive as what he once was...he struggled with Hunts size and strength. From there on he shown a lot of struggles, obviously he blasted through Sylvia but struggled against Rogers & AA.

People will say he was still incredibly young but he has a lengthy magnitude of competitive sambo as well as 27+ fights under his belt...most mma vets call it quits around 30 fights.

Is Satoshi Ishii still able to fight where he wants? How bout a rematch?

I'd say Fedor failed to evolve before he started to fall off as far as being in his prime.. I think around the affliction days would be around the point Fedor lost his edge, be it a physical or a technical one or both.

I'd say the Arlovski fight.

His trainers said he didn't train seriously for this fight. That's when he started to rely only on his experience and fundamentals.

Do you trust their word though?

I think he looked shit vs. Rogers, prime vs. Werdum (srs), then absolutely disgraceful after that. I wonder if losing completely crushed his confidence. I also thought he looked normal against Arlovski.

When Fedor stopped being Fedor though was in PRIDE. The Fedor who fought Schilt, Herring and Noguiera is completely and utterly different.

I would say it wasn't with Werdum

I think he still had his prime in Affliction with impressive wins over Sylvia but experically Arlvoski

But he did not look good against Brett Rogers. He looked bad and made Rogers seem more impressive than he was. Fedor was a sloppy brawler here looking for and got that huge KO.

He's been fighting crappy like that ever since but without the same luck :(

Fedor has such an impressive well of experience that he never draws from anymore ... why?

probably the rogers/arlovski fights. thats when the signs became apparent that he wasnt as fast as he use to be and was mostly a head hunter now.

Back