What's Your Next Purchase? V5

For when there's no bush in the bush.
23421107_1866387816915073_3910609766442860544_n.jpg

This thread . . . well . . . . I'm not sure what to say . . .

I'm having trouble with the FFL I'm using for the P2000 transfer. The firearm bounced from Fedex for no signature the last 3 business days (holiday, no big deal), with no replies from him after the initial "yeah go ahead and use me for the transfer." (again, not the biggest deal due to the holidays). Someone finally signed for it today, but the guy isn't getting back to me through calls or text. I'm giving him 3 days and if I get no contact then he gets a 24 hour notice of me contacting ATF.

I swear I can't seem to get a clean transaction these days. First was my Rowland nightmare, then the P320 gave me a monumental headache being offroster and organized from out of state, and now I've got this. I suppose its my fault for going with the lowest bid kitchen table guys but I'll be damned if I pay the LGS 100 dollars on top of the DROS fee for 5 minutes of their time filing paperwork.

I'm having trouble with the FFL I'm using for the P2000 transfer. The firearm bounced from Fedex for no signature the last 3 business days (holiday, no big deal), with no replies from him after the initial "yeah go ahead and use me for the transfer." (again, not the biggest deal due to the holidays). Someone finally signed for it today, but the guy isn't getting back to me through calls or text. I'm giving him 3 days and if I get no contact then he gets a 24 hour notice of me contacting ATF.

I swear I can't seem to get a clean transaction these days. First was my Rowland nightmare, then the P320 gave me a monumental headache being offroster and organized from out of state, and now I've got this. I suppose its my fault for going with the lowest bid kitchen table guys but I'll be damned if I pay the LGS 100 dollars on top of the DROS fee for 5 minutes of their time filing paperwork.

Damn. My biggest issue with the ffl I use is that I had to wait in line for 10 minutes once.

If it's an old dude running a mom & pop then it's more likely he's a product of pre-internet gun etiquette and thinks that shit's ok than he's pulling something.

Sucks you've had a run of bad luck. Took me two tries in Philly and three tries here to find an ffl I was comfortable with. Doesn't mean there aren't still bumps in the road.

Yeah, I'm going to give him a chance, but if he was actually in communication I'd give him a lot more lee-way... not returning my voicemails or texts makes me pretty wary and more than a little annoyed.

Yeah, I'm going to give him a chance, but if he was actually in communication I'd give him a lot more lee-way... not returning my voicemails or texts makes me pretty wary and more than a little annoyed.

Maybe he just called in sick today and fuck you. :eek::D

Maybe he just called in sick today and fuck you. :eek::D
I hope that's the case, but his cell is his primary contact and he replied to my request to use him for the transfer in less than 5 minutes. Now that it's time to actually get the job done I'm getting crickets. I'm staying polite and trying to give the guy a little wiggle room but this has clusterfuck written all over it at the moment.

This is exactly why I've stopped doing transfers for most folks . . . I work full-time and it's simply not worth the $10-20 I might get to have someone come to my house to complete the transfer. Plus I'm not too keen on the idea of some stranger showing up to get a firearm. If I know you, sure . . . I'll help you out, but that's it.

Sorry your experience has been such a pain.

I’m so happy I like all the FFL’s in my area.

I'm toying with the idea of getting into the AR market. So far I'm digging the Colt LE 6920. Trying to keep the budget around a grand and that seems to be a rifle that keeps coming up in that range.

Any of you in here have an opinion either way?

I've also looked at the Springfield Saint, and S&W Sport but I'm not crazy about them despite their lower price. Something like Daniel Defense or Bravo Company is a bit pricey for me at this point (I can afford it, but I want to go entry level 1st, or slightly above).

Aside from that I'm thinking of picking up an Uberti Outlaw (Remington 1875). I picked up an El Patron (5.5 barrel) a while back and love shooting it. Looking to add to the single action collection.

I'm toying with the idea of getting into the AR market. So far I'm digging the Colt LE 6920. Trying to keep the budget around a grand and that seems to be a rifle that keeps coming up in that range.

I've also looked at the Springfield Saint, and S&W Sport but I'm not crazy about them despite their lower price. Something like Daniel Defense or Bravo Company is a bit pricey for me at this point (I can afford it, but I want to go entry level 1st, or slightly above).

Aside from that I'm thinking of picking up an Uberti Outlaw (Remington 1875). I picked up an El Patron (5.5 barrel) a while back and love shooting it. Looking to add to the single action collection.
There's a version of the 6920 that comes with everything put together but you can buy your own handguard and stock. That's RIGHT near $900 I think but it allows you to have the gun YOU WANT from the beginning.

Colt is definitely the rifle to get in that price range imo.

So a couple options for colt. If you can go a bit more than 1k. I think this is by far the best option.

https://www.gunsmidwest.com/colt-le-combat-carbine-unit.html

Followed by

https://gunprime.com/product/colt-trooper-patrol-carbine-6920-rail-le6920-r-5-56-16-1-30rd/

Then

https://www.6.com/colt-le6920mps-fde-car-5-56-16-30-mt.html

The two top options you need to buy sights/optic/red dot. Doesn't come with sights. ( @Cubo de Sangre 's preferred option from the factory ;)) but it comes with a nice rail and a low profile gas block vs the post sight.

The bottom is ready to go, has iron sights. But one of those is the front post gas block sight. If you plan on running a red dot you may not like the front post sight.

So the top option is mid length gas, magpul grip, stock and Centurion mlok rail. Mid length gas being the key difference. Mid length gas is a softer, smoother recoil impulse vs carbine gas length. Noticeable difference imo.

Regardless of what you get I'd recommend a trigger upgrade as well. It is hands down imo the best upgrade to an AR.

So comes down to what you want to spend. Rifle, sight, trigger, ammo.

There's a version of the 6920 that comes with everything put together but you can buy your own handguard and stock. That's RIGHT near $900 I think but it allows you to have the gun YOU WANT from the beginning.

I'm honestly surprised how much those things are. They are barely cheaper than the full magpul colt.

coldre-fobus-br2-lh-canhoto-taurus-58-59-92-96-99-100-101-D_NQ_NP_920611-MLB20598881625_022016-F.jpg

I don't live in Murica so that's kind of a big deal for me, it's a left handed OWB holster from fobus for the Beretta 92/Taurus PT92. I had to shop around to find a left handed one. I want to buy a IWB holster too but I can't find the left handed version here. Ordering it from the outside will take months...

I don't use the PT92 as a concealed weapon, it's too big, I use it to walk around the woods as a backup weapon because I was trained with it and I enjoy it.

Post your holsters

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM...-Light-Weight-p/bcm-urg-mid-16elw-mcmr-13.htm

No bcg ^

https://www.dvor.com/radian-weapons-enhanced-black-nitride-ar15-m16-bolt-carrier-group.html

Excellent bcg at a great price

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...sa-e-trigger-black-no-magazine-516444743.html

Comes with one of the best triggers available and nice magpul accessories

http://palmettostatearmory.com/vortex-sparc-red-dot-scope-ten-magpul-pmag-30-magazines.html

http://palmettostatearmory.com/american-eagle-223-55gr-fmjbt-ammunition-1000rds-ae223bk.html

Last edited:
I’m so happy I like all the FFL’s in my area.
I used to have a great guy that would do my transfers in his house. He finally got fed up with California and moved out of state, and since then I've played hell trying to find a reliable FFL.

This is exactly why I've stopped doing transfers for most folks . . . I work full-time and it's simply not worth the $10-20 I might get to have someone come to my house to complete the transfer. Plus I'm not too keen on the idea of some stranger showing up to get a firearm. If I know you, sure . . . I'll help you out, but that's it.

Sorry your experience has been such a pain.

I've left a voicemail message for this guy for the last 3 days now and still nothing, is it out of line from your perspective to show up at his house to ask what's going on? I really don't want to get this guy in trouble if it turns out his cellphone has just been missing/he's been out of town or something. Either way I can't just have my already paid for pistol sitting there at his house in limbo.

Back